Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games The OME Cup - Challenge 4 Results

FuddledFox

27 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Not my cup of tea. Looking at the bottom of pile again. Just hope somebody messes up this time too. 😃

It’s surprisingly easy mate, plenty of decent players available over the age of 34

22 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

It’s surprisingly easy mate, plenty of decent players available over the age of 34

Yes there are but defensive tactics is not my strong point and this OME sucks even more.

43 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Thanks to everyone who has submitted so far just @Jens and @danovic78 scores to come.

I am done, shall submit my screenshots today! Tale of two parts of the season. Start good, end bad! 😭

I just finished. I'll send results in before noon. 

I REALLY put my heart into this one and I doubt anyone has got anywhere near my score. 

Challenge 2

Results

Image result for ac milan badge png

I have a little bit of news before I announce the results of challenge 2. Due to work and family commitments in the lead up to Christmas @Rob2017 has decided to withdraw from the competition as he is struggling to find time to play the challenges but he will continue to act as co-host.

The Results

The job of our competitors was to build a defence made up of players that were 34 or older at Milan and then the points were calculated as league points - goals conceded. A few similar names cropped up as defenders signed Dani Alves proving particularly popular amongst or managers but I will leave it up to you guys to reveal who you went with in the chat below.

I will reveal the results in reverse order from 5th to 1st.

5th Place - @Jens 

Jens managed to get AC Milan into 3rd place with 77 pts and finished 9 pts behind winners Juve. His defence was the weakest of all with 43 goals conceded giving him a total score of 34pts.

4th Place - @danovic78

Danovic also finished 3rd with Milan and actually had less league points with 73 points but he was far more solid at the back compared to Jens with only 30 goals conceded giving him a total score of 43.

3rd Place - @Woody

Woody put in a stronger league performance as he took 2nd place finishing 5 points behind Juve and scoring 84 points, he was slightly stronger at the back as well with 29 goals conceded to give him a total score of 55 points.

2nd Place - @Kanegan

He may have posted last weeks 2nd worst score but Kanegan really upped his game this week to take 2nd spot. He was unlucky to finish 2nd in the league as he had 89 points with Juve having 94 points, what let Kanegan down and cost him a chance of top spot this week was his defence as he let in 31 goals giving him a total score of 58. 

1st Place - @Nucleus

That means that for the 2nd week in a row Nucleus has the top score and he extends his lead at the top of the table in the process. He was the only one who won the league and he did it with an impressive 94 points and he beat Woody's goals conceded total by 1 with 28 conceded. This gave him a total score of 66

Congratulations to @Nucleus for winning the week again.

Lets take a look at how that effects the league table.

224166913_leaguetableWk2.thumb.png.9baaa4b372cf688ca74d83523919a3c4.png

Nucleus holds a 5 point lead at the top but below him it is very close as only 2 points separate the other 4 competitors so there is still plenty to play for going into week 3.

Challenge 3 will be posted by @Rob2017 in the next day or so.

Wow, didn’t expect that. I’m curious to know who everyone’s defenders were now. My back four consisted of:

RB- Alves/Ivanovic

CB - Pepe/Fonte/Naldo/Jeremy Mathieu

LB - Mathieu/Ashley Cole/ Eliseu

I also played a fairly attacking 433 formation due to the majority of the points being in league points. Didn’t expect to concede the least goals too 😛

I had most of those too. My trouble started after Christmas as we just couldn't score! Higuian was just so wasteful then Donnarumma had a nightmare run of games! Still not sure what really happened?

5 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

I had most of those too. My trouble started after Christmas as we just couldn't score! Higuian was just so wasteful then Donnarumma had a nightmare run of games! Still not sure what really happened?

I had Higuain/Depay & some African striker upfront, Marega? Anyway, Higuain was the worst of the three I believe with the African lad having a decent season. Felt so good to use the BWM role knowing full well it works on the engine! 😂

That was comforting. I also had most of the defenders with Peluso and Jouret instead of Naldo and Pepe. 

I never played with Higuain, instead going with young duo of Cutrone and Tsadjout up front which made the difference. Congrats @Nucleus

I think we all did quite well on this one, Maybe I should have kept Tsadjout instead of loaning him out!

I guess attacking was the best form of defence here.

Thanks guys. Life > FMM, sadly.

Great scores there guys. Bit of an evil challenge that. The next one should be a little bit more fun, hopefully.

17 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

Thanks guys. Life > FMM, sadly.

Great scores there guys. Bit of an evil challenge that. The next one should be a little bit more fun, hopefully.

It’s nice to take a step back from the game sometimes mate.

I honestly didn’t think that Challenge was that evil 😂 Definitely not @samhardy level evil anyway 😛

3 minutes ago, Woody said:

I only bought in 5 defenders 😂

Oscar Ramirez

Phil Jagielka

Branislav Ivanovic

Jeremy Mathieu

Jeremy Morel

Lol! Why? 😂

Challenge 3

David Villa, Zlatan, and all your old boy defenders have now decided to retire and take the plunge in to investment. Rather to heading to retirement homes they have decided to whip together funds from their various bank accounts and head to France to buy PSG.

D687401A-D1D7-4232-BAF4-43C535947794.jpeg.5da679f0d033020eb2acbad18a7c3cf6.jpeg

Yep, this challenge involves PSG and a nice transfer kitty. Don’t forget the transfer kitty replenishes in July and the save starts mid-June, so you have plenty to spend.

What Villa, Zlatan, and the boys want, however, is for the youngsters to do all the work on the pitch and to be thoroughly entertained. They will be attacking players with their zimmer frames and walking sticks if they don’t! They also want all the players to be new to the club and they want to see value for money. It’s a geriatric revolution! Therefore you must:

⁃    Clear out all of the current squad - sell, release, or demote;
    ⁃    Buy in players of the age of 21 and under come 1st Feb 2019 - you get to use both transfer windows - NO LOAN DEALS;
    ⁃    Have a squad of at least 20 at the close of the first transfer window

They are happy for you to use any formation you want, as long as it is your own, and any coaching badge and reputation. But they frown at the idea of unlockables, so none of them!

Scoring for this challenge is based on entertainment value. Therefore it is going to be entertainment per millions of pounds spent:

(League points + goal difference) / millions of pounds spent sterling... rounded to two dp.

Note: it is money spent, not net spend!

For example, if you got 50 goal difference and 70 league points and spent £200m, it would be:

(50 + 70) / 200
= 120/200
= 0.60

If you don’t win the league then you get a £100m fine added to your money spent. So if you didn’t win the league with the above points you would score:

(50 + 70) / (200 + 100)
= 120/300
= 0.40

The highest score wins!

Don’t cheat, which you won’t, and play fair. Think of the children.

Screenshots required:

⁃    Squad ages at the end of the first transfer window and end of the second transfer window;
    ⁃    League table;
    ⁃    Transfers in at the end of the second window;
    ⁃    Squad in order of appearance;
    ⁃    Manager history and profile;
    ⁃    A photo of your pet 

Please send results to @Rob2017 this time! 

Deadline is 17:00 Thursday 20th December 2019.

Good luck and enjoy - Villa and Zlatan will be watching.

Edited by Rob2017