Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games The OME Cup - Challenge 4 Results

FuddledFox

1 minute ago, danovic78 said:

@Foxy Is this an option as I was thinking this too?

Ummm...... sorry @Nucleusย I must have missed that the other day in my notifications ๐Ÿ˜•

So long as you follow the rules in the challenge post and gather the required screenshots for me you will be fine and there is a big clue in the rules ๐Ÿ˜‰

6 hours ago, Foxy said:

Ummm...... sorry @Nucleusย I must have missed that the other day in my notifications ๐Ÿ˜•

So long as you follow the rules in the challenge post and gather the required screenshots for me you will be fine and there is a big clue in the rules ๐Ÿ˜‰

Too late with this as Iโ€™d finished the challenge anyway ๐Ÿ˜› Iโ€™ll send my results over to you in the next day or two when time permits

Challenge 4: Results

ย 

The time has come to reveal the results of the 4th and final challenge and crown our champion but before that a brief recap on how things stand.

@danovic78ย must win this week and then hope that @Nucleusย finishes lower than 2nd to stand a chance of taking home the title whilstย @Kaneganย has a very slim chance of the title but he will be looking to fend of any challenge from @Woodyย for a podium spot and try and better his two 2nd place finishes in the last 2 events.

751013554_leaguetableWk3.thumb.png.06a553a077bc50b1e14af41e296e3c2e.png

ย 

This weeks challenge

You all had to pick a Championship side that wasn't Stoke, WBA, Swansea, Leeds or Aston Villa and then get as many players as you could to score a minimum of 5 league goals in the season with the number of players achieving that being your score. As a tiebreaker it would be team goals scored.

This is who everyone picked and how they finished the season.

Nucleus: Derby County - 1st place with 100 team league goals

Danovic: Middlesbrough - 1st place with 127 team league goals

Kanegan: Blackburn - 6th place with 97 team league goals

Woody: Middlesbrough - 1st place with 77 team league goals

So if it comes down team goals it's advantage Danovic but what really matters is how many different players got those goals and how many got 5 or more.

1st Place

Spoiler

@danovic78:ย 20 points

With 127 team goals it was always going to be about how many of those he could spread around the whole squad and Danovic really smashed it with 20 players getting 5 or more league goals for him.

This means that he has got maximum points andย given himself a chance to lift the title but it all depends on what Nucleus could do.

2ndย Place

So remember if Nucleus can get a 2nd place finish he will take the title by a point.ย 

Spoiler

@Nucleus: 13 points

He has done it! Despite a huge victory in this round for Danovic it isn't quite enough as Nucleus sneaksย into 2nd place by a point and takes the title.ย 

3rd Place

Spoiler

@Kanegan: 12 points

When I said Nucleus sneaked into 2nd place he did so by a point from Kanegan whoย unfortunatelyย misread the rules and thought it was goals in all competitionsย but still managed to get 12 players to score 5 or more league goals.

This result also secures a podium finish for the Indian who can look back at some impressive results in this competition.

ย 

4th Place

Spoiler

@Woody: 10 points

That leaves Woody in 4th spot, as despite winning the league with Middlesbrough he couldn't find a way to get the goals he needed to challenge for a podium finish.

ย 

Spoiler

We have our champion and it's a hugeย congratulations to Nucleus who takes the title with some impressive performances especially in the early rounds. It's a 2nd place for Danovic who made a late charge for the title in the last two weeks but will probablyย look back at round 2 as the challenge that cost him most. In third and completing the podium is Kanegan who despite being the underdog going into the tournament managed two 2nd place finishes in rounds 2 and 3.ย 

ย 1513477803_leaguetableWk4.thumb.png.69a04dfc98f45349825ab7086a19b5bd.png

I would like to take the opportunity to thank @Robย for his help with this tournament and also everyone who signed up and took part, I hope you enjoyed the challenges we came up for you

Happy New Year.

1 point!ย ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Congrats @Nucleusย on your win. Was a nice set of challenges all round. Thanks to @Robย and @Foxyย for running the cup.

I still think I should have have earnt some bonus pointsย for gettingย Lord Bendtner to 5 goals!ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

8 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

I messed it up real bad in this.I had 19 scorers on 5 goals but then realised it was only league goals so it was too late. Congrats @Nucleus on the win and @danovic78 well played in the final two challengesย 

I nearly made that mistake too! Easily done. Good effort also on some tough challenges.

Nice ๐Ÿ˜

26 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

1 point!ย ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Congrats @Nucleusย on your win. Was a nice set of challenges all round. Thanks to @Robย and @Foxyย for running the cup.

I still think I should have have earnt some bonus pointsย for gettingย Lord Bendtner to 5 goals!ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

Third placed would have been enough for me on points difference ๐Ÿ˜› commiserations mate, you had a cracking last two rounds!

9 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

I messed it up real bad in this.I had 19 scorers on 5 goals but then realised it was only league goals so it was too late. Congrats @Nucleus on the win and @danovic78 well played in the final two challengesย 

Hard luck mate! You did well to finish third ๐Ÿ˜

Cheers @Foxyย and @Rob, well run tournament with some fantastic challenges thrown in!

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

Nice ๐Ÿ˜

Third placed would have been enough for me on points difference ๐Ÿ˜› commiserations mate, you had a cracking last two rounds!

Hard luck mate! You did well to finish third ๐Ÿ˜

Cheers @Foxyย and @Rob, well run tournament with some fantastic challenges thrown in!

Yeah, the Milan one did for me I think.ย 

Just now, danovic78 said:

Yeah, the Milan one did for me I think.ย 

I struggled in the last two rounds I wonโ€™t lie! Thought Iโ€™d bottled it completely ๐Ÿ˜‚

Well done everyone...especially @Nucleus. Top stuff mate.

I struggled to keep players fit and ultimately wasnt good enough.

Super challenges from both @Foxyย and @Rob

Hope this never sees the light of day again ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Thanks for the tags guys, but @Foxyย pretty much did all the hard work in this challenge soย most credit to him.

I have got to say that everyone has been brilliant and got some great scores at timesย and there have been no hints at any funny business that have plagued the last few tournaments so credit to everyone. I think it helps having a bunch of the forum regulars and top people taking part too.

Well done all!

20 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Really good event. Shame about the winner though!

Makes my win even sweeter knowing you disapprove ๐Ÿ˜›

ย