Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Five Season Release Clause Challenge

Ashez

The Five Season Release Clause Challenge

Any new features added to the game will usually result in a few new challenges so today I bring to Vibe the Five Season Release Clause Challenge. In this challenge your entire squad will have a set release clause and you'll have to battle to compete with the fear your key players could leave for cheap during any window as you'll be unable to reject offers. 

The Challenge 

Season One

In season one you have to demote and sell your entire squad and reserves, as your first task is to build a brand new squad! When building this squad every player you sign has to have a release clause of £1m. If you fail to insert the clause the player is unusable and must be demoted and sold, if they play even once your attempt is void. However your max payment fee for any player is £10m so no signings can cost more than this figure in season one. Once the transfers and clauses are done you play the save as normal, if any players leave in January you can replace them but the above rules are still in place. 

Season Two

Season two will once again see you demote and sell every player however this time each player will only bring in £1m each due to the clauses. You build a brand new squad to use in the second season however this time the release clause value has been doubled to £2m and you can now spend up to £20m on any individual player. 

Season Three

I'm sure the pattern is clear now as you once again sell and demote your team and replace them with the maximum buying price of £30m with a release clause of £3m. 

Season Four
Maximum single purchase - £40m
Release Clause set at - £4m 

Season Five
Maximum single purchase - £50m
Release Clause set at - £5m 

This can continue but a 5 season challenge seemed the most ideal but feel free to continue with the limits increasing as shown ( S6 £60m and £6m etc). 

The Aim

Whoever has won the most trophies will top the leaderboard. 

The Rules
1. The releases clauses must be set
2. No loans or player trades/exchanges
3. Board money is fine
4. No single player can cost more than the limit
5. No promoting once demoted
6. Own formations only
7. No unlockables or editors
8. SI official databases only
9. Evidence will be required, I'd suggest a career thread 
10. Have fun! 

Leaderboard

Good luck and thank you to @Foxy for his input on the challenge. 

I’m interested why you have rule #7 for this challenge @Ashez when it is not essentially a tactical challenge. Would it not be more accessible to allow people who don’t have their own tactics to participate using tactics from the site, for example your Gegenpressing?

9 minutes ago, URz said:

I’m interested why you have rule #7 for this challenge @Ashez when it is not essentially a tactical challenge. Would it not be more accessible to allow people who don’t have their own tactics to participate using tactics from the site, for example your Gegenpressing?

Because it's competitive, the tactic you make should be your advantage and other people shouldn't be disadvantaged because someone lifted a tactic off the site. 

Every challenge or save is essentially a tactical challenge as that's the entire point of the game. 

Yes it would be more accessible I agree but it breeds bad play and stops people pushing themselves to create their own tactic. 

Finally all challenges used to be any formation back in the day which led to almost everyone using the same one or two tactics and the challenge scene suffered because of it.  Personally I think if people are invested enough to want to do challenges they're invested enough to make a tactic, it's not like the help/information is hidden. 

9 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Because it's competitive, the tactic you make should be your advantage and other people shouldn't be disadvantaged because someone lifted a tactic off the site. 

Every challenge or save is essentially a tactical challenge as that's the entire point of the game. 

Yes it would be more accessible I agree but it breeds bad play and stops people pushing themselves to create their own tactic. 

Finally all challenges used to be any formation back in the day which led to almost everyone using the same one or two tactics and the challenge scene suffered because of it.  Personally I think if people are invested enough to want to do challenges they're invested enough to make a tactic, it's not like the help/information is hidden. 

I take your point and bow to your experiences of many years. 

The reason I asked the question was because even in my short time on Vibe I have noticed the many different ways people play FMM. I see a lot of people taking the tactics from the Tactics section and trying them with their own teams/saves and working hard to fit players into that. This challenge would still be very difficult buying and fitting players into one of these tactics season after season.

I’ll stop now! Just wanted to explain my thinking.

1 minute ago, URz said:

I take your point and bow to your experiences of many years. 

The reason I asked the question was because even in my short time on Vibe I have noticed the many different ways people play FMM. I see a lot of people taking the tactics from the Tactics section and trying them with their own teams/saves and working hard to fit players into that. This challenge would still be very difficult buying and fitting players into one of these tactics season after season.

I’ll stop now! Just wanted to explain my thinking.

Yeah no worries at all @URz, I have no problem being questioned on it as times change and things often need to be reviewed. It's easy for me to get stuck in my ways so being questioned at least gets me thinking about the subject. 

Your points are valid and I see why you asked but if you open it up all you'll see is every challenge being done with the Black Pearl or any other top tactic which imo beats the point. The own tactic rule is a pretty new one I started implementing in like 2014 or 15 I think as seeing the same tactic attempt after attempt was boring and imo challenges are great at pushing people to the next level which pushes the game. 

I know the tactics forums and WKs lists are vital to the community yet personally I think those things and stuff like the editor bread bad play as you stagnate on what you're happy with instead of pushing yourself and learning. 

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I know the tactics forums and WKs lists are vital to the community yet personally I think those things and stuff like the editor bread bad play as you stagnate on what you're happy with instead of pushing yourself and learning. 

That’s because you’re good at tactics and think it’s the core of the game. What if you felt the best bit of the game was unearthing talent and buying and selling? 

(Don’t disagree though 😉)

Edited by URz
3 minutes ago, URz said:

That’s because you’re good at tactics and think it’s the core of the game. What if you felt the best bit of the game was unearthing talent and buying and selling? 

(Don’t disagree though 😉)

To achieve that you still need a tactical understanding, even if it's a basic one like stats for roles. 

Then you can say the WK list and editor stuff can influence that and make that easy. The fact the WK list and tactics forums are our biggest views shows it's used as a crutch. Most people don't want to unearth talent but use the best of the best imo. 

A top tactic can make most players good league depending, I understand things as I've invested the time, I've then used what I've learned to help others transition into playing the game "fully". 

I’m starting to feel a little like a Devil’s Advocate as I personally play what you describe as “fully” (or I will do again when I get as comfortable with EME as I was with OME 😜).....and how did the Editor get into the discussion? 

The bit that convinces me you’re right with rule #7 is the point that a top tactic can make most teams good. So someone using their own tactics would be disadvantaged on the leaderboard.

Thank you as always for taking the time to discuss.

58 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

I'm handing this one over to BG Jr 😂 😂 

Torturous challenge 👍 

I really thought you'd like this and make it popular :(

You love the brutal squad rebuild stuff, the golf one is worse 😛

1 hour ago, URz said:

I’m starting to feel a little like a Devil’s Advocate as I personally play what you describe as “fully” (or I will do again when I get as comfortable with EME as I was with OME 😜).....and how did the Editor get into the discussion? 

The bit that convinces me you’re right with rule #7 is the point that a top tactic can make most teams good. So someone using their own tactics would be disadvantaged on the leaderboard.

Thank you as always for taking the time to discuss.

Sorry @URz I missed this earlier. 

I brought the editor in as I feel it's presence usual results in bad play as people use it to look at hidden stats or upgrade people or whatever else. It's a DLC easy mode that instead of teaching it just gives and I feel tactics off the site is a similar thing, unless the tactic is explained in stupid detail to explain why it works. We post so many guides and discussions aimed at helping people improve so the information is out there, it's just a process to get good. 

I think if someone has spent the time to make a top tactic that's their advantage, sure it might be unfair on everyone else or those who don't want that commitment but it's not fair to have people using there own tactic beaten by someone who borrowed one. 

Anyone can still play this, even with someone else's tactic but all I say to that is be honest and understand it won't make the leader board. 

Great challenge - I might give this a go!

3 x QUESTIONS FOR YOU:

1. “No loans or player trades / exchanges” => can I loan players out? E.g. my youth player loaned to a lower league club?
  2. Whoever has won the most trophies will top the leaderboard.” => if I chose an English League 2 side, won the league 2 title and the checkatrade trophy - would that count as two trophies?
  3. Do you care if we use the Nov-2018 database or Jan-2019 update?

Would appreciate your feedback before I start a new wave for this?

thanks! Dan

1. Yes you can, that's a rule for no loans into the club. 

2. A trophy is a trophy so yes

3. Nope, as long as it's official I don't mind 

Great answers, thanks!

This could be INCREDIBLY painful. Have tried:

• “no” coaching badges, 
  • “unknown” reputation
  • attribute masking “on”

The result? I’m seen as an “interim manager”, expected to be replaced, and won’t be given any funds!

Too difficult? Am wondering how long we all could stay in this job ... !

Dan

EE356E0B-2666-4CBB-A805-6CF01ABC97E2.png

277D4AFF-E8E7-45CB-ADF3-4A756B7FFDD3.png

10 hours ago, DanM said:

Great answers, thanks!

This could be INCREDIBLY painful. Have tried:

• “no” coaching badges, 
  • “unknown” reputation
  • attribute masking “on”

The result? I’m seen as an “interim manager”, expected to be replaced, and won’t be given any funds!

Too difficult? Am wondering how long we all could stay in this job ... !

Dan

EE356E0B-2666-4CBB-A805-6CF01ABC97E2.png

277D4AFF-E8E7-45CB-ADF3-4A756B7FFDD3.png

That’s actually cool, you can become a caretaker manager in the game! Shame it won’t let you move on to other clubs however.

@Marc Vaughan something for 20?

Huh. This challenge taught me something new.

In that first transfer window it seems much harder to sell players on the January update (yes the official one) than on the original November release.

Really struggling to offload players to fund any new arrivals.

Is anyone else up for doing this challenge?

Yep. I can confirm this challenge is painful. Very painful.

Trying to quickly sell players is hard. Then bringing in good enough new players (on a reduced budget because I can’t sell many players) is hard. Now is a case of ‘morale manager’, ‘rotation manager’ and ‘how-can-I-further-tweak-my-tactic manager’. 

Argh. Damn you @Ashez - this is harder than most of the other challenges. Surprisingly especially with Sunderland.

A tip to anyone else who wants to do this challenge...

... don’t switch off “budgets in first window”! Why! It’s be super difficult to sell players, and no budget to bring in new players. Therefore very tough to sell your squad & bring in a new team. Stupid error

7CE56EE7-7659-490C-893E-E0EA4C69309C.png