Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Scratch Tries: A China 1KC [Packing it in]

Scratch

14 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

What a season, congrats! That form chart makes sweet viewing!

Thanks mate - yeah never seen a chart quite like it. 🙂

added 0 minutes later
13 hours ago, Titjes said:

Fantastic season mate ;) 

Thanks mate. 🙂

11 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

Wow! Just wow!

What a season!

Yeah, I had the same reaction as I was playing it! We'll have to see if this one is even better! 😄

9 hours ago, fRESH said:

Brilliant season once again mate. Scorimg ratio is unreal ! KIU !

Thanks mate! He was at just under 3 a game at the start, but suffered the same slowdown near the end of the season that most strikers do. He was still scoring though, even when he slowed down. Just too good for this league...

Edited by Scratch
7 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Simply incredible Scratch. Massive achievement that. Can’t see that gpg being beaten legitimately anytime soon! KIU

To be honest, I'm regretting not going with Chen Shilong because of how easy it is to get the ITN job. I think I could score more with him. So sooner or later, one you guys who are better than me (which is most of you) will come give China a try and then my score will look small! Until then, I look like a legend...😄

So, um... trust me, managing in China is horrible, you really don't want to do it to yourself. 😂

7 hours ago, Rob2017 said:

💪💪💪

LOL, that's the thing about China: It comes with green tea already built in! No need to bring your own hot beverage to get results..

6 hours ago, samhardy said:

Did you ever get food poisoning when living in China?

Did I ever! All the time! Well not all the time, you get used to it after a while, but it's a rough start.

No regrets though - well apart from the fact that I first lived in China before FMH was a thing. Could have used the company during those long hours paying the price...

added 0 minutes later
7 hours ago, Yung.Gabe said:

Best Goal Haul I've seen. I guess he's a 3 season wonder now.

Haha, let's hope he stays at the club and becomes a 15 season wonder. 😄

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

Fair play, that's looking like Brazil!

I never really played in Brazil (was England only at that point, stupid me). Of course I've since learnt how legendary it was. Would love you to play in China and compare the two, because it sure seems like a goal scoring paradise here...

Mind you some of it might be down to the striker and FMM19 too. He scores a LOT more goals from corners than any other striker I've had (20 Arial helps, thanks FMM19). He's only missed about two penalties in 3 season while most of my other stikers were hopeless, especially at this age. And he almost never gets caught offside, while Pinamonti would have 1 offside goal for every 2 genuine ones (though maybe that's down to crappy defence here). 

Nah ... I'm pretty sure anyone who comes to China is gonna have a massive goal return... Would love to see more try it. 🙂

Update - Season 4

Pedro came of age in season 3, scoring 115 goals at 2.3 goals per game. Can he repeat that (or better it) this season? Let's see...

Club & League Development

We want to improve the reputation of both the club and the league in order to attract / keep players and to allow them develop to their full potential (ie most need to play at a higher level to improve).

The club finished the year on 4 stars, up from 3.5 last year (and 3 originally). We also increased the stadium capacity to 80,000 and we finally maxed out the training facilities.

The CSL still has a 3.5 star reputation, but it's rank is still slipping backwards (from 23rd, to 25th, to 26th, now 27th). We're clearly the best league in Asia now, but it doesn't seem like there is anyway to improve this.

Player Development

Pedro only got one update this year and it was very minor:

china1kc-season04-39.jpg.93329fa6b7db18ca85789a78d0ac6bae.jpg

Plus 1 to Shooting and Creativity. That's it. He's still improving, but very very slowly (+2 for a 10 star performance). Given that he only improves in the Asian Champions League, the Club World Championship and ITN games, it's going to take some time to level up again.

Transfers

We continue trying to bring big names to the club. We succeeded in some respects, but for every player that came, at least 50 said no.

Spoiler

china1kc-season04-34.jpg.2ef529a4b0d2eebc6ba60b8157b4a916.jpg

china1kc-season04-35.jpg.bb840a077e457979caff16e64a43cf45.jpg

china1kc-season04-36.jpg.26ec37537b7ca0d8e71862c430e4d98b.jpg

china1kc-season04-37.jpg.8af163eca7eced03116ca4734a7b5209.jpg

A lot went out this year. Some highlights:

• Rajkovic: whose key attributes just weren't developing (keepers are the one position I can't get my head around with the new training).

• Kryvstov: who I like quite a lot, but he fell behind Ajer and Tah and I wanted to bring in some fresh players.

• Kampl: who was top drawer, but we'd overloaded the midfield positions and someone had to go.

• Dudu: who looked good last season (14 assists in 30 games with only 1 goal), but a new arrival meant he wouldn't get game time.

That new arrival was Leon Bailey, who will be awesome here in China! Apart from Bailey, we only brought in a few promising youngsters. It looks a little unbalanced, but we committed to giving some promising young Chinese players game time and needed to free up some space.

In other news, it's Sugar Daddy time:

china1kc-season04-01.jpg.c37f7c3109e3a40cadea22774fd35413.jpg

Though I can't spend the money I already have, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Competitions - Club

We won everything again pretty easily:

china1kc-season04-44.jpg.09f90c95f10a52b8cc9fff7ca38ad20e.jpg

Screenshots below:

Spoiler

china1kc-season04-02.jpg.3484994265d789c8103f199210dec406.jpg
china1kc-season04-33.jpg.4bd4de8c6afc60004c69ccb0f173ea9d.jpg
china1kc-season04-26.jpg.a6d7196ada85760e2def408650ce129e.jpg
china1kc-season04-29.jpg.70f132e9fe3f7dadb558f01506ad46e6.jpg
china1kc-season04-30.jpg.5512d50b1ba21c83f1c31a716f3ebef8.jpg
china1kc-season04-31.jpg.1e7bc62a44a8975afa407995829acd53.jpg

The only notable results there are:

• The second leg of the CFA Cup Final: I forgot it was over 2 legs and went super attacking when we went 2-1 down instead of tightening up. We gave another 2 goals away, which meant we went to overtime. Luckily we got the winner in there, but I could have so easily thrown it away. 😨

• The 2-0 Semi Final win over Bayern Munich in the Club World Championship. It wasn't even close like previous years. We still lose the odd game here and there, but basically we're better than everyone in the world at this point.

Competitions - ITN

Still no sign of Tite losing the The Brazil job. He's rock solid. In the meantime, things are going great with China. We easily won the qualifying group and qualified for the World Cup:

china1kc-season04-19.jpg.07cc835f0181523a6f25a5ae303898fa.jpg

Assists

Let's see who is providing the most assists:

china1kc-season04-42.jpg.a45e1cd911782fd6ee3bb02db2263631.jpg

Pavon again with 48. I almost got 50 assists for the first time! After Pavon, Bailey was great, as was Sessegnon and a bunch of others. Looking good.

Injuries

He had a ghost injury:

Spoiler

china1kc-season04-06.jpg.97fabb3ce61d9d8d6516e26f0b488c06.jpgchina1kc-season04-05.jpg.ec35c30a1ded033d8f6bc629478e97fc.jpg

Then a real one, but only 10 days:

china1kc-season04-12.jpg.10d73a6a6d36a0c43dcc8f5e2978caf3.jpg

Once again, he's gotten off lightly.

Goal Highlights

Pedro only had one 5 goal haul this year (in the Champions League Final, screenshot above), but this is the sort of form he had this year:

china1kc-season04-24.jpg.5f1a5a150f85a927b41669ec86724840.jpg

Goal Totals

Pedro scored 129 goals in 53 games this year at 2.43 goals per match:

china1kc-season04-40.jpg.83ea05393da5a0e3321050ce9ef0fc3e.jpg

Ramping it up now...

Progress

24 (EOY) Season Total
Club Goals 129 378

The Future

Should I set a target of 140 goals next year? I guess I'll just take it as it comes.

Probably worth mentioning that Pedro wants to help me succeed and people have stopped trying to buy him, so I think we're going the distance here...

Edited by Scratch
14 minutes ago, Rob said:

Incredible. Well done. I’m glad he is being loyal now too.

Thanks mate. I think because I got the club up to 4 stars, people aren't trying to pinch him as often. Or maybe it's because his salary is higher now. He was in the World Team of the Year again, so obviously good enough for the top clubs to target, they've just stopped trying. They still have a go for Pavon or Sessegnon or one of the others every so often, but they are always happy to sign a new contract instead, so I think its looking good

10 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Amazing season mate, KIU ;)

Thanks mate, will do. I'm sort of wondering where the ceiling is in China to be honest. The team is getting better slowly and he's hitting his prime age, so should be more like this in store...

3 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Wow, you must be targeting 150 at this rate. Unbelievable.

Trying not to think that! But maybe, if we keep improving... I think at some point it's got to level out. I think I can squeeze a bit more out of him, but 150? We'll see! 🙂

So.. it's been a while... (more than a month!).

I had a semi enforced break from playing around Christmas time for a week or so. Then, when I had the chance to come back to FMM, I actually didn't. I played some other games that had been sitting ignored on my phone etc, caught up on Netflix a bit, started working on some of my long abandoned side projects. 

To be honest, although I love it, FMM had become a little too consuming and I really needed the break from it. I guess I suffered from FMM burnout. The break felt good!

The same can probably be said of Vibe itself. I love it here and I've gotten so much out being involved in the community, but I really struggle (timewise) trying to keep up with all of your great careers. To top it off, I take a long time to write updates for my career. So I was spending every second of my spare time playing, writing, reading FMM. Could be worse things than that, but I'd lost balance and other parts of my life were suffering.

Now? Well I guess Pedro is still there waiting for me and I'll probably return to him at some point, but not just yet. And when I do, I need to try to keep the balance a bit better. Not sure how though. Once I start, I'll have trouble not playing too much. I might be able to make my write up's briefer. Can't really scale back my reading as I was pretty bad at that in the first place!

Anyway, just thinking out loud and figured I should dump some of this here in case anyone's interested in why I've been scarce...

Completely understandable man.

Take a break, come back play a couple of short challenges, not a big long one, enforce only playing for an hour or something?

I only play on the commute to work and maybe while the wife is getting ready for bed.

Great read - i really missed the many months i have been away, but so do understand your need for a break :)! Thanks for sharing your crazy story from China :)! Best regards Anders

I think this career will never be finished now, as it's been too long and I've lost the connection with the players. Sorry Pedro, you were going to be one of the greats, even if you were going to spend your entire career in a relative backwater...

I have been playing again for the last few weeks, but very slowly - maybe 3 or 4 games on most days. Not going to write it up, just don't have time at the moment, but @Foxy might be interested in this screenshot: 

Spoiler

1597453180_Screenshot_20190327-125136_FM2019Mobile.jpg.833ba9514e31b9402a415b4839c5605a.jpg

Second season, top of the Championship, going deep in Europe, crushing anyone who gets in our way... 😄

But as fun as that's been, I can feel I'll lose interest soon as it's just too easy. The game used to be harder than this! I remember when it used to take me a couple of seasons to build before each promotion. Now it's a cakewalk every time. And no, I'm not buying regens or anything, I'm back to just buying good young players based on the agent's input. The game is just too easy...

That said, I haven't updated the game since before the Winter update. I hear that makes it more challenging, at least fitness wise. So maybe I better load that!

I am a tiny bit tempted to start another 1KC, either in Scotland or England - or maybe just plow ahead with Oxford and Fabio Silva, even though he didn't play for me in season 1. Every time I think that though, I shudder at the time commitment - I just don't think I can commit to a long term career right now.

So there you go... I'm a little bit lost, just drifting... Still love the game, just can't find a challenge that draws me in...