Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Artifical Difficulty

Vaughan1892

I lurk here quite a lot but only very rarely post. I've played FMM (or FMH) since 2012 on Android and played its original inception on PSP.

With that said, the mobile versions of the game have always been pretty easy and I think most of us have wanted the depth and difficulty of the game to increase.

While I think the new depth of training is a fantastic addition, the way SI have coded "difficulty" into this years effort makes playing the game a chore for me and I have to post to find out if this is just me or is anyone else feeling the same.

The AI is coddled and protected to a level that is sometimes sickening. You have a look at their team and tactics, make a few minor adjustments to your play style to attack their weak points and grab a 1/2/3 goal lead. They have had minor (sub 40%) possession and no shots on target. Half time. They make zero tactical changes, no subsitutions.

Now you cannot get a hold of the ball. Every highlight is your players giving away dangerous free kicks. The AI scores a 35 yard wonder goal and you know exactly what is coming. Try as you might at this point you are f*cked.

Sit back and the same formation you were just owning will dominate you. Push forward and they will counter you perfectly with their only two attacks.

Most annoyingly of all as they have changed absolutely nothing you can try to readjust your tactic which was already adjusted to defeated theirs but you are p*ssing in the wind.

This happens several times a season and it is sapping my will to play this game. Artifical difficulty is not fun. I want to be outsmarted and out thought. I don't want to concede a corner to a striker with Aerial 5 and a free kick to a midfielder with Shooting 7 because it is time for the AI comeback.

Awful whinging and self-entitled thread but really needed vent on this years effort and hope I am not finally having my Football Manager breakdown (missus swears it's due) and this isn't all in my head.

46 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Have you tried using commentary only? Best thing I ever did this year, if you can’t see the BS it didn’t happen 😛

Honestly I think this is the soundest advice I may have gotten. I considered OME but it feels hollow the same tactic I used in 2014 still works.

Not used to this site, clicked a little "2" button on my post and think I may have ended up liking my own OP which is embarrassing as f*ck sorry lads thought it was my inbox.

2 minutes ago, Vaughan1892 said:

Honestly I think this is the soundest advice I may have gotten. I considered OME but it feels hollow the same tactic I used in 2014 still works.

Not used to this site, clicked a little "2" button on my post and think I may have ended up liking my own OP which is embarrassing as f*ck sorry lads thought it was my inbox.

The 2 you clicked shows you who liked your post, myself being one of them lol. 

1 minute ago, Vaughan1892 said:

Commentary only all the way for me now, What did it for me was seeing my striker take corners when he wasn’t a designated taker. Now he’s probably taking them but I don’t know about it, which is fine by me as I’m enjoying the game again.

Dont think you’ve liked your own OP by the way.

Just now, Ashez said:

The 2 you clicked shows you who liked your post, myself being one of them lol. 

Thanks Ashez appreciate the help thought I'd made a prat of myself there.

5 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Commentary only all the way for me now, What did it for me was seeing my striker take corners when he wasn’t a designated taker. Now he’s probably taking them but I don’t know about it, which is fine by me as I’m enjoying the game again.

I designated down to 5th taker but if I make a misjudgement in team selection (this one is 100% on me) my 18 Aerial 10 Crossing striker still deigns it upon himself to run out and whip in a corner.

I think like yourself Nucleus I might run a season or two in commentary.

9 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I still wish the EME went stat and text based instead of visual based, I think the game would be so much deeper if it did but instead people want fancy dots or 3D engines :(

I've not gone com only much on the EME but that's because I don't have a set tactic (too much save jumping) so I need to keep an eye on things and learn what I'm working on, if I had a set tactic I'd be com only all day long. 

10 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

You can't as far as I'm aware as the option isn't there on your own posts, you can only see the reactions you get. 

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I still wish the EME went stat and text based instead of visual based, I think the game would be so much deeper if it did but instead people want fancy dots or 3D engines :(

I've not gone com only much on the EME but that's because I don't have a set tactic (too much save jumping) so I need to keep an eye on things and learn what I'm working on, if I had a set tactic I'd be com only all day long. 

I’ve been tactic testing in com only this year 😂 I honestly don’t believe that what we see the dots doing is what’s happening for real. I therefore go with my gut and what I think will/won’t work.

We’d love more stats wouldn’t we 😥

5 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I’ve been tactic testing in com only this year 😂 I honestly don’t believe that what we see the dots doing is what’s happening for real. I therefore go with my gut and what I think will/won’t work.

We’d love more stats wouldn’t we 😥

I just don't trust the stats like I did for reasons we've discussed before. I do still always have the stat page up though and half the time the highlights do just annoy me getting in the way lol. 

But the highlights at least show things the stats don't track like individual errors, what shots are free kicks and little things like that. As you can build a tactic that's what wise is killer but if most the shots the striker takes are free kicks the stats wouldn't tell you that. 

Having this same exact problem, i usually led by 3 goals in the first half and then suddenly in the 70+ minutes the AI decided to mount some crazy comeback like scoring 2 goals in the span of 5 mins? Wtf?

Edited by rako

Have to say I agree to an extent. I'm in season 4 of my Palermo save and have put together a fantastic team. Currently smashing the league although Juve not too far behind. Scoring lots so again no complaints, but I've had 10 clean sheets all season. That's out of 48 matches played so far.

I have a fantastic keeper and defenders, but it seems every match no matter how dominant I am, I will concede at least a goal. It's become a running joke now, I just laugh at the "obligatory goal conceded". Doesn't matter if I'm playing bottom of the league or one of the top teams, they will almost always score at least a goal. A lot of the time they're 30 yard screamers. I've tried adjusting mentality etc during matches but to no avail. Recently played a match against Chievo, I think I had something like 24 shots, 17 on target, 5 clear cut chances and was 3-0 up. They had one shot, on the 89th minute, straight in the top corner from 40 yards.

I've also had the whole dominate all match and cruising and suddenly you're playing an unstoppable team of androids, who proceed to mount a crazy comeback and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

I get this happens in real life, but it's genuinely every match bar the couple I've managed to get a clean sheet. As I said I can't complain too much, as the team is successful and I've won a few trophies, maybe I'm just being picky I don't know. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by ComeontheArsenal
42 minutes ago, ComeontheArsenal said:

I've also had the whole dominate all match and cruising and suddenly you're playing an unstoppable team of androids, who proceed to mount a crazy comeback and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

This - exactly whay I came here to post about. 

I've been playing for five seasons, got into the prem and have 4-5 start CA defenders and keeper. Just played a VNS team yet being 2-0 up at half time with full squad out (not youths) and I just lost 3-2 with the last two goals being in the last 10 minutes of the game. I get that this happens against good teams but not with such a quality and skill gap... 

This happens so much that I simply stopped playing the game properly and skipping matches by going on holiday. 

It started happening in FMM18 and has got worse... 

The commentary only thing is a great idea but the enthusiasm to play is waining, considering the price went up and value went down slightly this may the last season. 

21 hours ago, Vaughan1892 said:

AI is coddled and protected to a level that is sometimes sickening. You have a look at their team and tactics, make a few minor adjustments to your play style to attack their weak points and grab a 1/2/3 goal lead. They have had minor (sub 40%) possession and no shots on target. Half time. They make zero tactical changes, no subsitutions.

Now you cannot get a hold of the ball. Every highlight is your players giving away dangerous free kicks. The AI scores a 35 yard wonder goal and you know exactly what is coming. Try as you might at this point you are f*cked.

Sit back and the same formation you were just owning will dominate you. Push forward and they will counter you perfectly with their only two attacks.

Most annoyingly of all as they have changed absolutely nothing you can try to readjust your tactic which was already adjusted to defeated theirs but you are p*ssing in the wind.

13 hours ago, rako said:

Having this same exact problem, i usually led by 3 goals in the first half and then suddenly in the 70+ minutes the AI decided to mount some crazy comeback like scoring 2 goals in the span of 5 mins? Wtf?

12 hours ago, ComeontheArsenal said:

Recently played a match against Chievo, I think I had something like 24 shots, 17 on target, 5 clear cut chances and was 3-0 up. They had one shot, on the 89th minute, straight in the top corner from 40 yards.

Wow just brilliant! These comments literally had me laughing out loud. All are so true but it's nice to know others are suffering due to the ridiculousness of the game along with myself 😉

The next time I'm 3-0 up in the 70th minute and i see the "unstoppable team of androids" start to emerge - I'm going to hum the Terminator theme tune to cheer myself up whilst waiting for the inevitable... 😁

Edited by DutchTony
On 01/12/2018 at 01:46, DutchTony said:

Wow just brilliant! These comments literally had me laughing out loud. All are so true but it's nice to know others are suffering due to the ridiculousness of the game along with myself 😉

The next time I'm 3-0 up in the 70th minute and i see the "unstoppable team of androids" start to emerge - I'm going to hum the Terminator theme tune to cheer myself up whilst waiting for the inevitable... 😁

I haven't played for days. It's ruined the game.