Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Best Goalscoring Role for Strikers?

Hi guys, I was just wondering which striker role you've had most success with in terms of goalscoring on this year's game?

Traditionally I always go poacher as the best in terms of pure goalscoring but they seem to waste an awful lot of chances this time around. Of course I understand it depends on tactics and players but in general I'd be interested to see what people go for?

5 minutes ago, GingerbreadPooches said:

Is this because of how easy it is to get 20 aerial 😂

Might be why it’s so useful this year to be honest. I liked the TM role last year though

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Target Man seems overpowered at the moment 👍🏻

I still find poacher does a better job for me if trained as a target man. But it all depends on your tactic really.

20 hours ago, kts365 said:

I still find poacher does a better job for me if trained as a target man. But it all depends on your tactic really.

Same here, train as target man play as poacher. Got Muto scoring an average of once per game in my current 7 formations career.

Not quite sure how people manage the 100+ goals a season... Other than ungodly attributes on the player.

On 01/12/2018 at 18:18, GingerbreadPooches said:

Hi guys, I was just wondering which striker role you've had most success with in terms of goalscoring on this year's game?

Traditionally I always go poacher as the best in terms of pure goalscoring but they seem to waste an awful lot of chances this time around. Of course I understand it depends on tactics and players but in general I'd be interested to see what people go for?

Kinda hard to say tbh as you mentioned it depends on several factors. But there's two things I can say about this:

1. If there's a player that doesn't really lean towards any of the available roles I always go Poacher until training and game time mold him into a more specific role. P is your safest bet imo. 

2. If you're talking about a tailor-made formation for each specific striker role (for pure goalscoring pleasure as you said) I'd say P and TM are the best ones with the AF very close behind.