Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Fabled Number 10 Shirt: A Juventus Challenge

danovic78

The Fabled Number 10 Shirt: A Juventus Challenge

2v8rgk3.jpg

THE NUMBER 10 SHIRT IS SACRED IN FOOTBALL. It’s a number that carries much pressure and weight given its tradition and the players who have worn it in the past. That is no truer than at Juventus, a club with over a century of history. The legendary Italian side, winners of 33 Scudetti titles and a two-time European champion, has featured some of the world’s best players who have donned that legendary shirt.

No less than three Balon d’Or winners have worn it in addition to a host of Italian and international stars. When attacking midfielder Paulo Dybala was given that number last summer ahead of the start of the Serie A season, the Argentine wrote on Instagram that he knew how important it is to the club and its fans.

“When they asked me to change numbers, I stopped and thought about whether it was a good idea to leave number 21 that has been for me – as it will still be for the national team – a number that I care for very much and that has helped me win lots of trophies and was also worn by top players such as Zidane and Pirlo,” he wrote. “But the number 10 is a special shirt and an honour to wear it, brings with it lots of responsibility and a great link to a club like Juventus Football Club and its history. It has been on the shoulders of so many champions: Omar Sivorí, Michel Platini, Roberto Baggio, Alessandro Del Piero, Carlos Tevez, Paul Pogba. For me, wearing the 10 shirt isn’t just a dream since I was a child, but something that will allow me to want to win every game, in every competition and for every trophy.”

https://thesefootballtimes.co/2018/01/09/from-savory-to-dybala-juventus-and-the-fabled-number-10-shirt/

RULES

• Load up Italy and any other countries you like.
  • Become manager of Juventus.
  • You must first buy in an Irish Attacking Midfielder to start the challenge, the new "Brady" and first Number 10.
  • You have one season with each nominated Number 10 before they are demoted or Sold, never to play first team football again.
  • You must follow the list below to sign a new Number 10 each season from country of birth , these players must be bought in at the start of each season.
  • Liam Brady - IRELAND
  • Michel Platini  - FRANCE
  • Roberto Baggio - ITALY
  • Alessandro Del Piero - ITALY
  • Carlos Tevez - ARGENTINA 
  • Paul Pogba - FRANCE
  • Paulo Dybala - ARGENTINA
  • Each season your Number 10's goals and assists will become your total.
  • In total, 7 seasons with 7 players to post the highest combined total of goals and assists.
  • Usual other rules apply.
  • No Regens allowed

LEADERBOARD

1. @Rob - 494 - Career

2. @mulama - 484 points - Career

3. @1759 - 452 points - Career

4. @danovic78 - 225 points

I know there was a bit of confusion with a few people last year, but can the attacking mdfielder have a shade of green as a striker at all?

28 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

I know there was a bit of confusion with a few people last year, but can the attacking mdfielder have a shade of green as a striker at all?

If I remember someone’s attempt last year they tried to play Bellotti and it was void because he was a striker. I think so anyway 🤨

I've decided to give it a shot. First season went pretty well with Alan Judge the big name signing. He also inspired Juve to one of the most surreal scorelines I've seen on FMM so farScreenshot_20190102-104224.thumb.jpg.4a6f5d8013987227998e9c12f1e51ce6.jpgScreenshot_20190102-104231.thumb.jpg.423094fa105067d7b1042f90d89f274c.jpgScreenshot_20190102-100816.thumb.jpg.39fb2d6865ce8256288cbe8746c55289.jpg

40 minutes ago, CamelXCVII said:

I've decided to give it a shot. First season went pretty well with Alan Judge the big name signing. He also inspired Juve to one of the most surreal scorelines I've seen on FMM so farScreenshot_20190102-104224.thumb.jpg.4a6f5d8013987227998e9c12f1e51ce6.jpgScreenshot_20190102-104231.thumb.jpg.423094fa105067d7b1042f90d89f274c.jpgScreenshot_20190102-100816.thumb.jpg.39fb2d6865ce8256288cbe8746c55289.jpg

Good start here, I would open a separate thread in order for everyone to follow your progress, if you haven't done so already?

38 minutes ago, danovic78 said:

Good start here, I would open a separate thread in order for everyone to follow your progress, if you haven't done so already?

I will do, I'm new to this 😂

13 minutes ago, CamelXCVII said:

I will do, I'm new to this 😂

No worries, mate. Doesn't have to be a long season review, just the key stats and how you did in the different comps.

1 minute ago, Dezzy078 said:

Can I just ask what is the rule with the ‘green striker’ thing as I am thinking about using fekir as my first France no10

Not totally sure but I didn’t use anyone with green in the striker position. Think I had a player red for it one season though. 

2 minutes ago, Dezzy078 said:

Can I just ask what is the rule with the ‘green striker’ thing as I am thinking about using fekir as my first France no10

None of the Number 10's used can have any shade of green in the attacking positions.

Just now, danovic78 said:

None of the Number 10's used can have any shade of green in the attacking positions.

Ok no problem I have a few other players I have my eye on anyway

13 minutes ago, MikeeDUFC said:

I have used Lemar in my second season, is this now a void attempt due to his green in LAM?

No I think that’s ok. I think it’s just green at the central striker position that’s not allowed. LAM or RAM is fine I think but maybe someone else could clarify.

7 hours ago, MikeeDUFC said:

I have used Lemar in my second season, is this now a void attempt due to his green in LAM?

It is fine.