Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Help!!

seguns

Guys. please help me cos I am boiling frustrated right now. I've been playing football manager since 2010. It has always been easy (not usually at first but when I do a few changes after multiple sackings, I usually get things fine). The only I missed since 2010 was the 2018 edition, now I'm back on 2019. But guys, it is so annoying, I got the first few usual sacks and I was like "I'll be alright" but it's only gotten worse!! There's absolutely nothing like taking your team to glory in this. I'm an Arsenal fan so it goes without saying that they'll be my team of choice. Leno is the worst, Lacazette is shit, don't even bother using Guendozi, it's like he doesn't know what football is. I keep losing to shitty team in the EPL but the crazy part is I do so well in Europa and winning it got me my very first successful season. (finishing 7th and winning the Europa). The board weren't so patient with me so they sacked me again by the November of the following season. I've tried every tactic, used these players in their natural positions and best roles, but nah, still keep losing. I thought it was Arsenal only till my friend who's a Chelsea fan came to tell me how Chelsea has to be the worst team he's ever seen in this game. I thought maybe Sega was trying to make me use Enhanced engine which I don't like (I use original) but my friend uses enhanced and still got the same problem. So I thought they wanted to buy Sugar daddy rather than earn it but I wasn't falling for that so I joined PSG (cash money + Neymar and facing only one good team which is Monaco = easy). Life at PSG was awesome, winning trebles like it nothing and boom - I earned the Sugar daddy which was my aim at first. I left and restarted the whole game with Arsenal (sugar daddy allowed this time). I bought every great player you can think of just like I did in PSG, I spent over £2.5bn in my first season. I bought 2 players for each position like Donnarumma and Neuer, Hazard and Ousmane Dembele, you know why I did this? It's because a player can't play 5 matches without getting injured, don't even get me started on the injury crisis. I don't just have the World XI, I have the World 22 but guess what guys, I'm still drawing like slime :'(, losing to shitty teams. Looking at the scouting agency section, I own like 80% of the top 10. I am so tired of this beloved game. I'll admit that I got my defense fixed, I usually don't concede more than 2 in a match but help me on the strikers, I need ruthless motherfuckers, guy who score goals for launch. I'll attach screenshots of my team, I have Alaba in my team btw, but he's injured so you can't see him. I also once had Messi and Salah but had to let them go since they weren't delivering. I just don't know what else to do, the training facilties are the best, the coaching team are gold certified.

Screenshot_20181210-130234.png

Screenshot_20181210-130304.png

Screenshot_20181210-130308.png

Can we take a look at the "Shape","Defense" and "Attack"? Do you also change your shape to counter opponent's tactics during match?Cause apparently i heard and noticed that opponent teams do change their team shape during match and if you use attacking the better managers could go counter towards you etc.

Lol you need to watch your words. Getting frustrated isn't gonna help. Take time to understand. Build your tactics. Dont keep using every other tactic this forum has. Be patient. Everyone starts off slow but that doesnt mean they get a pass to curse and all. I know you are frustrated but this is a public forum. Thank you 

6 hours ago, ManlikeReus said:

Can we take a look at the "Shape","Defense" and "Attack"? Do you also change your shape to counter opponent's tactics during match?Cause apparently i heard and noticed that opponent teams do change their team shape during match and if you use attacking the better managers could go counter towards you etc.

Screenshot_20181210-215220.png

Screenshot_20181210-215215.png

Screenshot_20181210-215224.png

5 hours ago, Dhxn said:

Lol you need to watch your words. Getting frustrated isn't gonna help. Take time to understand. Build your tactics. Dont keep using every other tactic this forum has. Be patient. Everyone starts off slow but that doesnt mean they get a pass to curse and all. I know you are frustrated but this is a public forum. Thank you 

I'm sorry lol. It's just so annoying

13 minutes ago, seguns said:

Screenshot_20181210-215220.png

Screenshot_20181210-215215.png

Screenshot_20181210-215224.png

If it’s goals your lacking why don’t you try attacking? Or control? I’d be tempted to go central passing with those player roles too.

Complete Forward is a complete waste of time too imo. Try Poacher or Advanced Forward 👍🏻

4 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

If it’s goals your lacking why don’t you try attacking? Or control? I’d be tempted to go central passing with those player roles too

I don't understand

Just now, seguns said:

I have, still the same issues

Then change them again until you get it right. It’s impossible for nothing to work. Something has to work. Be patient, test different instructions, one or two changes at a time. It’ll fall into place sooner than you think

Just now, Nucleus said:

Then change them again until you get it right. It’s impossible for nothing to work. Something has to work. Be patient, test different instructions, one or two changes at a time. It’ll fall into place sooner than you think

Thanks, that's exactly what I'll do

Also i don't think having attacking midfielder as AP with another midfielder as AP is best choice. You should go for something more defensive in my opinion like BWM or CM. 

4 minutes ago, Sazzy said:

I’d say change your cam from AP to SS, as that seems to be the best role in the game atm.

I’ve heard that from someone else! @Ashez maybe? I’ve not used the role this year yet, but I’ve heard good things

3 hours ago, Sazzy said:

I’d say change your cam from AP to SS, as that seems to be the best role in the game atm.

Can confirm SS is a beast. Doing wonders with me. 

On 11/12/2018 at 21:26, Sazzy said:

Yooooooo bro, that Shadow Striker thing works!! I was reluctant to use it because it wasn't his recommended role but I was like "gosh darn it" and things have greatly improved.

On 12/12/2018 at 01:19, zaangie said:

Can confirm SS is a beast. Doing wonders with me. 

added 0 minutes later
On 11/12/2018 at 20:17, Villen said:

Also i don't think having attacking midfielder as AP with another midfielder as AP is best choice. You should go for something more defensive in my opinion like BWM or CM. 

I already have one. Thanks

I'd also look at changing your P to AF, seems to work better this year (for me at least).

And if you're leaking goals, then I wouldn't sit Deep, that seems to give them more shots. I also changed my central AM to a central DM when I was leaking goals, until I had better players. I guess you probably don't need to do that as Arsenal...