Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FuddledFox

FMM19: In Game Editor Guide

Title.png.2f5300823730abb81c0d11e087472268.png

FMM19: In Game Editor Guide

The In Game Editor (IGE) has been with us for a few years now and can be a bit of a controversial topic in the FMM community with many enjoying saves using it and other being against its use as they see it as cheating. This guide won’t be dealing with the rights and wrongs of its use as you pay your money and take your choice how you play the game and if that involves using the IGE, you enjoy yourself and you aren’t cheating anyone else within the community then great.

If you are interested in Hex editing then this guide cannot help you and you should check out this guide instead.

It should be noted that in order to create an even playing field you cannot use the IGE in any Vibe Community events or any of our challenges unless otherwise stated.

Personally I wouldn't usually play a save using the IGE but over the last few weeks I have been using the IGE in my Score One, Steal One save to transfer players I have won straight into my squad and it got me thinking about the IGE. It’s use has created a fun save for me that has had me using players I wouldn’t usually but it also showed me what you can do with the IGE.

You can purchase the IGE from the store page and it costs £8.99 or your local equivalent. As it costs the same as the game itself you want to be sure of what you can do with it before you buy it and make sure that it will be value for money. You can edit any club or player in the game but it is worth remembering that if you plan to share the edited save with a friend they will require the IGE to load the save.

Player Editing
Related image

To edit any player in the game go to that players attributes page and you will see a grey edit logo in the bottom right hand corner. A grey edit logo means you haven’t edited anything in the save at this point and you could turn off the editor in settings > unlockables.

1287544762_Photo16-12-2018084812.thumb.jpg.de1f931a27b1c1ae214572f6b9a78c85.jpg

Once you have edited anything within the save the edit logo will go yellow and the editor is now locked on in the save and cannot be turned off.

1599689853_Photo16-12-2018084820.thumb.jpg.f0858bb97bca9ad144d6faee44e9bd37.jpg

Once you are on the attributes screen of the player you wish to edit press the edit button and you will be taken to this screen.

Personal Screen

1561876357_Photo12-12-2018131604.thumb.jpg.57c8037b6693e9bf00e8d2490b18f989.jpg

I think this screen is pretty straight forward and you can edit the players personal details such as name, birthday, nationality, wage and contract expiry. You can also injure or heal a player and raise or lower there morale but perhaps the less straight forward section is the current (CA) and potential (PA) ability star ratings. The PA rating needs to be the same or better than the CA as a player can’t have better CA than the potential they have. If you wish to improve or worsen a player straight away you can leave these stars and edit there individual attributes which will in turn increase/decrease the players star ratings. If you want to give a player the chance to get better through training and playing time then only improve their PA rating and that will give the player a chance to get better in game.

Positions Screen

1046555929_Photo12-12-2018131607.thumb.jpg.50d82f6926c4e4fb8516ebd05b8caf30.jpg

The important thing to remember in the positions screen is that a player must have light green (natural) in at least one position on the pitch and also on his footedness. Simply making a player natural in a position isn’t suddenly going to make them great in that position if they don’t have the attributes to play there.

Attributes Screen

1672596989_Photo12-12-2018131610.thumb.jpg.0249edc2a6cd3a8b79c324061011e182.jpg

The attributes screen allows you increase/decrease a players specific attributes but only the attributes you see in the players profile page and not any hidden attributes that a player may have. So you can improve a players shooting but not specifically their long shooting but maybe that isn’t a problem in game as it will just improve all shooting but I don’t know.

Below the list of attributes you will see a green tick. As the caption says when this is ticked any attribute changes you make will raise or lower a players CA depending on what you do. This means if you take a no hoper and boost his attributes to a top level his CA and PA will go up to 5 star meaning he will maintain that level of attributes in the game. If the option is unticked the attribute changes will happen but as you progress in the game he will revert back to his old attribute levels.

Club Editing

Image result for La Mesia

You can edit any club or national team in the game including clubs that are in unplayable leagues but it is worth noting that you cannot move a clubs division or nation. I guess if you boost a clubs finances and facilities and that would increase the chances of them being promoted to a playable league.

If you go to the find club section and pick the club you wish to edit you will then find the same edit logo as on the players attributes screen at the bottom right of the screen, click that to bring up the club edit menu.

Club Details Screen

907147270_Photo12-12-2018131714.thumb.jpg.88730dfa41a15c1fbadd9c91a2b4531b.jpg

You can edit the clubs name (you cannot edit a countries name) here but perhaps more importantly you can edit the clubs finances and reputation. A clubs reputation has 7 settings and go from obscure up to worldwide and effects the quality of players and coaches you can sign to the club but also the expectations of the board. This means  if you change it to worldwide you will be expected to win everything just as clubs like Manchester United and Real Madrid are every year. The transfer and wage budgets aren’t effected by the clubs reputation and can be maxed out regardless of if you have an obscure or worldwide reputation. The maximum you can make the get the transfer budget is £500m and the wage budget £7.25m per week.

You can also edit the clubs kit colours and design on this page. Simply click each colour and change it to what you want it to be and to change the kit design click design and it takes you to a menu where you can choose the design you wish.

624837650_Photo12-12-2018213244.thumb.jpg.bc01561dac7d8c1ded6cca14cbf3d87d.jpg

Facilities

662148885_Photo12-12-2018131716.thumb.jpg.9b56c1ef999ade74eae0669dd3531f67.jpg

You can change the clubs training and youth facilities here as well as the name and size of the clubs stadium. You can also increase/decrease the clubs support here as well by changing average, minimum and maximum attendance. The minimum is what size crowd you could expect the club to get in a small importance game such as a league cup tie versus a league 2 club, maximum is the type of crowd you would get against a top side or a very important game and the average is a rough estimate of the clubs attendances over the course of the season.

Team Actions

277605907_Photo12-12-2018131719.thumb.jpg.23d690abbf4e695d0dffcac5d9a7571d.jpg

On this screen you can do squad wide actions such as lowering or boosting the whole clubs morale, injuring the whole team or giving the whole team 100% condition and releasing all the teams players if you want a blank squad. It should be noted the the injure team button won’t give the whole squad 6 month injury’s and many players will have orange injuries or simply low condition.

There doesn’t seem to be a way to use the editor change the club you are managing but you can sack a clubs manager on this page so that you could then apply for the job. You can also sack the clubs entire backroom staff as well if you want.

I hope this guide has helped show you what the IGE is and isn’t capable of and whether it is worth splashing out the money on.

I'm happy for comments but I don't want the comments to become a witch-hunt against people that choose to play using the IGE.

Cheers lads

It's a lot more basic than I imagined tbh, especially for the ridiculous price. It's basically just an easy mode or a mess around tool with limited depth judging on this imo. 

I've said it hundreds of times but my biggest gripe with the IGE (price aside) is the club colour editor being locked behind it. Having to edit a save just to freshen up a long term career is pretty stupid, especially as in game it's a lot more than just your shirt colour. 

considering its price, IGE must include all of hidden attributes. Long shots, natural fitness, consistency, determination, etc. SI plz improve in game editor..

1 hour ago, ShFmm said:

considering its price, IGE must include all of hidden attributes. Long shots, natural fitness, consistency, determination, etc. SI plz improve in game editor..

+1

Yeah we need all those hidden attribute as well. 

Intrigued now... Can see it would be a lot fun changing stuff around. But then we can already do a fair bit of that through changes.txt right?

That checkbox linking the ability with attribute changes looks interesting. I tried to do a test a while back using changes.txt, but it was messed up by them being linked. I was trying to change the CA of a player but leave the attributes the same, so I could test whether CA had any impact on performance or whether it was all attributes. But when I adjusted the CA, it increased the attributes and invalidated the test... Maybe the editor could let me test this properly.

6 minutes ago, riowcaztol said:

How to make an effective freekick or penalty taker ?

Just increase there shooting and technique.

8 hours ago, Scratch said:

tried to do a test a while back using changes.txt, but it was messed up by them being linked. I was trying to change the CA of a player but leave the attributes the same, so I could test whether CA had any impact on performance or whether it was all attributes. But when I adjusted the CA, it increased the attributes and invalidated the test... Maybe the editor could let me test this properly.

That sounds like an interesting idea although I think increasing or decreasing a player CA in the ige will make attributes go up or down over time even if you unlink them.

7 hours ago, Foxy said:

That sounds like an interesting idea although I think increasing or decreasing a player CA in the ige will make attributes go up or down over time even if you unlink them.

Yeah, I wasn't worried about the over time part. Just wanted to play the same game 10 times with the player having CA 50, then 10 times with them having CA 150 to see if there was a notable difference in the results (goals, assists, match stats, match result etc). 

Once upon a time, I believed that CA was the most important thing and attributes were secondary, but most people here think it's the other way around (it's all attributes and the CA / PA system just grows the attributes).

I came round to that way of thinking a few years ago, but occasionally I'll get a player who looks great, but doesn't perform. Maybe he just doesn't fit into my tactic, maybe his hidden attributes are rubbish, etc, but I always start wondering if it's just that he has a (relatively) low CA... So I've always wanted to test it...

@Foxy

Great Guide Mate

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the editor, I do buy it every year, I always buy all the IAP's.

I use it quite a bit in most of my saves, my main use of it is to change my kits every season, in my current save, I am playing as the team I support, Darlington, I am about to enter my 4th season and have changed my kit every season and change the style of my home top every other season.

I also use it for, and in my eyes, it's a bit of a cheat, but if I want to re-train a player and he won't adapt to retraining, I will just go in the editor and add the position I want the guy to play.

I also dedicate one save to an Ultimate Cheat Save, which gets heavily edited

i buy the editor because i cant stand when a player or manager changes clubs unrealistically. Like messi signing for Real Madrid, Chiellini moving to Inter or something similar. drives me nutso.

but yes the shirt change is something i fiddle with from time to time

On 19/12/2018 at 12:59, Fozz_Quaker said:

also dedicate one save to an Ultimate Cheat Save, which gets heavily edited

How many seasons would you normally play of that save because I feel like it might get boring if there is no real challenge?

5 hours ago, topline said:

yes the shirt change is something i fiddle with from time to time

As @Ashez said its crazy that we can't do that in-game.

It's also good if you want to test a tactic for a season and can't be bothered going through the process of buying and selling players to fit the tactic. Simply give yourself the players you need and crack on. Takes 2 minutes 😁

Edited by DutchTony
1 hour ago, Bilal Hamid said:

How can we make unplayable national team playable like Pakistan ???

I guess you can do that by hex editing but I know nothing about that so I can’t help you.

This guide is for FMM18 so it may or may not be able to help.

5 hours ago, Foxy said:

I guess you can do that by hex editing but I know nothing about that so I can’t help you.

This guide is for FMM18 so it may or may not be able to help.

FMM19 database is total overhaul and totally different now.

On 23/12/2018 at 17:00, Bilal Hamid said:

How can we make unplayable national team playable like Pakistan ???

Worked for me in last years version, haven't tried it this time around 

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

You can change the reputation of a club but not a league.

Thanks for answer. I will try edit a league to a non playable league

Hi Guys!

I've bought in game editor. My main problem is that if i use it, i can't switch it off which is so annoying because i use it for one thing i don't even want to use it anymore in my save because of it ruins the whole game this way.

Please tell me that there is a way to ged rid of it once i used it...😥

2 hours ago, glajmate said:

Hi Guys!

I've bought in game editor. My main problem is that if i use it, i can't switch it off which is so annoying because i use it for one thing i don't even want to use it anymore in my save because of it ruins the whole game this way.

Please tell me that there is a way to ged rid of it once i used it...😥

Nope. After only 1 teeny tiny edit, that magic box in the bottom right corner will stay bright yellow for the duration of that career. It can never be hidden. It can never be turned off. It can never be removed. A glaring reminder that you have used sorcery to interfere with something within the game. Perhaps also warning you to think very long and hard about using it again in the next career.

For now though you could possibly put a small plaster or sticker on your phone where the bright yellow box is for the remainder of the career, and just pretend you didn't edit anything at all.

Out of curiosity - what did you use the magic button for?

10 hours ago, DutchTony said:

Nope. After only 1 teeny tiny edit, that magic box in the bottom right corner will stay bright yellow for the duration of that career. It can never be hidden. It can never be turned off. It can never be removed. A glaring reminder that you have used sorcery to interfere with something within the game. Perhaps also warning you to think very long and hard about using it again in the next career.

For now though you could possibly put a small plaster or sticker on your phone where the bright yellow box is for the remainder of the career, and just pretend you didn't edit anything at all.

Out of curiosity - what did you use the magic button for?

Thank to you now i feel much more ashamed. :D The plaster method sounds great but this time i may miss it out... :D

The reason i wanted to use it is that i have a career mode with Cardiff city and it took me a bit long of time to realise my youth academy won't generate me english players but welsh ones... So i had to quit managing the England NT. My problem was that i kept recieving very good welsh youngsters but it never happened that Ryan Giggs was sacked from the welsh nt... I waited for 4 seasons but i fed up yesterday and sacked him with my IGE... :(

I'm not saying that i regret it because i have at least 7-8 players with 4-5 star PA, i'm just afraid that i will ruin my whole game with some crazy edits if i'm angry or something... :D

Edited by glajmate
3 hours ago, glajmate said:

i'm just afraid that i will ruin my whole game with some crazy edits if i'm angry or something... :D

I know that feeling 😁