Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Really struggling to find 1k tactic

aaronbez

Hi all,

I need some advice on tactics for a 1k challenge as I don’t seem to find anything that works. Any help will be appreciated.

thanks in advance

AaronBez

Edited by aaronbez
9 minutes ago, Foxy said:

This guide might be a massive help for you. It written for FMM18 but it’s still very relevant for 19.

Thanks Foxy, but I’m still struggling to find a tactic that is consistent and allows one striker to dominate

I just use a 4 3 2(W) 1. The instructions themselves change from game to game depending on how the match is going and the opponents. And I change the roles around a fair bit too, but the striker is an AF this year.

But I don't think there is a one size fits all tactic this year, it's really a matter of trying a lot of different things until you get something that works with your players and against the opponents you're playing...

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

I just use a 4 3 2(W) 1. The instructions themselves change from game to game depending on how the match is going and the opponents. And I change the roles around a fair bit too, but the striker is an AF this year.

But I don't think there is a one size fits all tactic this year, it's really a matter of trying a lot of different things until you get something that works with your players and against the opponents you're playing...

Thanks Scratch. I’ll tweak what I’m using now then.

11 minutes ago, Rob2017 said:

If you play wingers, who are you usually selecting?

Me? I've got Pavon and Bailey at the moment. By (W) I really meant Wide, not Wingers, but as it happens I am playing both of them as Wingers right now. My Striker has 20 Arial, so crosses are good and keeping them wide means they pinch less goals than they would as IFs or APs.

I have used on AP and one W with pretty good success and even two APs in FMM18. But rarely use IF as they score too much (maybe if I'm chasing a game where I'm behind).. 

@aaronbez I guess that leads to a point I forgot to mention: I always find that if you get really good players, they can make most tactics work, even if it's not so good with lesser players. When I started with 4 3 2 1 this year, I actually had to drop one of the CMs back to DM because I was leaking goals, but as my players got better, I moved them back up. And the better the players, the more my striker scores! Obvious, I know, but worth bearing in mind if the tactic isn't quite firing right now - keep improving the players and it will get better.

Pavon and Bailey ❤️

I always think there should be a disclaimer on any tactic posted on here that you have to pick players that actually suit the tactic! 

2 hours ago, Rob2017 said:

Pavon and Bailey ❤️

Yeah! And in China too. Killing it!!

2 hours ago, Rob2017 said:

I always think there should be a disclaimer on any tactic posted on here that you have to pick players that actually suit the tactic! 

Yeah totally agree. More this year than ever. Which I think is a good thing. Means no one size fits all killer tactics you can pick up and slaughter the opposition with, which is a pain for some, but I think it makes things more realistic and challenging and ultimately enjoyable

On 20/12/2018 at 07:26, Scratch said:

Me? I've got Pavon and Bailey at the moment. By (W) I really meant Wide, not Wingers, but as it happens I am playing both of them as Wingers right now. My Striker has 20 Arial, so crosses are good and keeping them wide means they pinch less goals than they would as IFs or APs.

I have used on AP and one W with pretty good success and even two APs in FMM18. But rarely use IF as they score too much (maybe if I'm chasing a game where I'm behind).. 

@aaronbez I guess that leads to a point I forgot to mention: I always find that if you get really good players, they can make most tactics work, even if it's not so good with lesser players. When I started with 4 3 2 1 this year, I actually had to drop one of the CMs back to DM because I was leaking goals, but as my players got better, I moved them back up. And the better the players, the more my striker scores! Obvious, I know, but worth bearing in mind if the tactic isn't quite firing right now - keep improving the players and it will get better.

Yes!

I still play a 41221 in tougher games and a 4321 in easier games. 

And your tactic will always look poorer until you have your team built into it

4 minutes ago, fRESH said:

I played with Neymar and Asensio as wingers. U also need to retrain Neymar as right winger, but he is deam good.

I used Asensio and he was fantastic. Always found Neymar hit and miss as a support player

8 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I used Asensio and he was fantastic. Always found Neymar hit and miss as a support player

For me Neymar delievered good. 40+assists every season and scored max 15 goals. Surely one of the greats atm.