FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foxy

Challenges The Chippenham or Curzon One Season Challenge

The Chippenham or Curzon One Season Challenge

In this one season challenge you can choose if you want to take over National League South side Chippenham or NL North team Curzon Ashton.

Chippenham Town

Since the decline of Salisbury City in the last few years Chippenham have become the undoubted number 1 club in Wiltshire as they gained promotion to NLS in the 2016/17 season and then finishing mid table in there first season at that level. They play at the 3000 capacity Hardenhuish Park. 

A909EEF0-A51D-4BFC-85B9-D2AEEB821E49.jpeg.5a42b1f099424ef161e8df44970a0957.jpeg

Curzon Ashton

Curzon are based in the town of Ashton-Under-Lyne in Greater Manchester and have played in the NLN since the 2015/16 season. Since then they have finished as high as 11th but last season they finished 18th. They play at the 4000 capacity Tameside Stadium. 

7D52F3FD-3686-4DBE-B0F6-1C46897BA7B1.jpeg.acc9d88ea6cdbc6cb68ec4013a6fc804.jpeg

The Challenge 

You make your choice of which club you wish to take charge of and you have one season to do as well as you can with no transfers in to the club and only your own ability to get the best out of a squad to help you.

Points will be League points + Goal difference + 3 points for every cup round completed.

The Rules

• You must manage either Chippenham or Curzon Ashton.
  • No Transfers in to the club.
  • No reloading.
  • No editing in any form.
  • You must provide proof that you followed the rules, I suggest starting a career thread on here.
  • Have fun.

There will be three leaderboards, one for each club and an overall leaderboard as well.

Chippenham Leaderboard

@danovic78: 192pts

@Mr Tree: 86pts - Career

Curzon Ashton Leaderboard

@geordiekrispyCareer

@Cockers2505: 116pts - Career

@Dezzy078: 78pts - Career

Overall Leaderboard

@danovic78: 192pts - Career

@geordiekrispyCareer

@Cockers2505: 116pts - Career

@Mr Tree: 86pts - Career

@Dezzy078: 78pts - Curzon Ashton

8 hours ago, Dezzy078 said:

Sounds good, I am going to try this with Curzon Ashton (warning: I’m not very good at fmm 19)

Its good to see newbies giving challenges a bash so good luck mate

3 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

yep i'll probably give this one a go soon enough - aiming solely to fill up and prop up the leaderboard :)

If the score gets and keeps you on the board then its all good.

3 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

yep i'll probably give this one a go soon enough - aiming solely to fill up and prop up the leaderboard :)

We have 2 scores with Curzon Ashton coming so go with Chippenham and you will be top of that leaderboard what ever happens.

8 hours ago, Foxy said:

We have 2 scores with Curzon Ashton coming so go with Chippenham and you will be top of that leaderboard what ever happens.

Consider it done!

1971509702_Screenshot_20181231-212914_FM2019Mobile.thumb.jpg.17fff915d747388905e22ba50449967e.jpg

I have just completed this challenge with Curzon Ashton and scored 78 points really enjoyed doing it, thanks.👍

HI @Foxy sorry to bring this up, but it's actually Ashton-Under-Lyne in Greater Manchester, my parents (and where I grew up) live facing the ground, just a little change 👍

53 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

HI @Foxy sorry to bring this up, but it's actually Ashton-Under-Lyne in Greater Manchester, my parents (and where I grew up) live facing the ground, just a little change 👍

Changed :)

6 minutes ago, Cockers2505 said:

Mate, LYNE not LYME 

It's Newcastle-Under-Lyme and Ashton-Under-Lyne

I think I had better take it off my holiday destination list as I hear they are burning effigies of me in the street over this.

I might have got it right now.

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

I think I had better take it off my holiday destination list as I hear they are burning effigies of me in the street over this.

I might have got it right now.

🤣 they have started a Facebook page of how to get you!!!!

1 hour ago, Woody said:

😃 i live 5 mins from Newcastle-under-Lyme!

I pass it on my way up North from Oxford

1 hour ago, Cockers2505 said:

they have started a Facebook page of how to get you!!!!

The traditional way is a load of posh knobs on horses and a pack of hounds but they haven’t caught me yet.

83 points on Chippenham for me please, and a short-lived stay at the top of the overall leaderboard :D