Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Nucleus Attempts - The Goal a Mile Challenge - Intro

Nucleus

As one door closes, another one opens..

As my Fábio Silva save is drawing to a close I desperately want to get the introduction of my next challenge posted. I say desperate because in fact I’ve been itching to post this for a long time now, the save excites me that much!

The challenge I’m on about is of course the most popular @Ashez created challenge ever, The Goal a Mile Challenge

Actually, it didn’t prove that popular as no one has yet attempted it. A real shame because it’s a cracking challenge and one which can be played several ways. Hopefully my undertaking of the challenge can inspire a few others to give it a go too, as I honestly believe it deserves a lot more love than it received back when it was posted all the way back on FMM16.

So the general idea of this challenge is to start at Plymouth Argyle, the southern most playable club, all the way down the south coast of sunny England, and constantly try and work your way north through jobs until you find yourself the manager of Elgin, the northern most playable club, all the way up in the necks of Scotland. The challenge ends after I’ve managed a whole season with Elgin.

Still with me? Great....

The twist is that you nominate a striker each season who will score you the miles to allow you to move.

For example, season one my nominated striker scores 60 goals in all competitions, those 60 goals equals 60 miles in any direction I can move from Plymouth, granted a job is available within that area. The total miles between Plymouth and Elgin is 641, I will need to score a whole lot more than that in goals to get there as I’m not moving directly there. I may even have to go back down south a bit if it means a more northern club in the future.

I will be using Google Earth as a sole judge on miles between clubs.

The Rules

1. You start at Plymouth and to complete the challenge you play one season with Elgin

2. You can only move clubs if your striker has earned enough miles to reach the new club.

3. You can only use one striker at a time but it doesn't have to be the same striker for the entire journey. 

4. You can not score the 641 goals with Plymouth and then move to Elgin.

5. Every time you move your mile count drops down to zero.

Lastly I’d like to thank @Ashezfor his input on the save. 

As always thank you for reading, any comments will be appreciated and any questions you guys may have, then please fire away 😁

9 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Plymouth aren't the southern most playable club, Truro City are in the National League South. Challenge invalid, please start again.

Ain’t posting it on a leaderboard anyway. It’s more about the journey 😛

Annoyingly @Nucleusyou corrected/questioned the most northern yet we missed a new starting point 😂

Super excited about this! It's one I've always felt has been somewhat of a sleeping giant save. I hope it performs well for you!

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Annoyingly @Nucleusyou corrected/questioned the most northern yet we missed a new starting point 😂

Super excited about this! It's one I've always felt has been somewhat of a sleeping giant save. I hope it performs well for you!

Too far in to start again now too! 😂

I’m glad you’re excited about this. Hopefully it receives some more love after people see my attempt 

On 06/01/2019 at 19:27, Foxy said:

This looks interesting!

I’m really looking forward to seeing what crazy route you take from Plymouth to Elgin.

It is interesting 😛

Could go absolutely anywhere! I have no idea how this is going to end up or if it’s even possible

On 06/01/2019 at 19:34, Woody said:

Jesus i remember this challenge....good luck fella.

Cheers dude!

23 hours ago, Titjes said:

This looks like a long though challenge mate, good luck ;)

Thanks mate, appreciated 😁

11 hours ago, CamelXCVII said:

Love this, looks mint

So do I! 😛 Cheers

14 hours ago, Kanegan said:

A long career on the running mate. Will be following this

11 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

This challenge looks crazy!  I've know doubt you'll have no problem with it.

Thanks guys, I’m glad this career has sparked some interest 😁

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

I’ve actually played some today! Zelda still not arrived 😂😂

Play as Link on MK8 then 😂😂😂😂

how's this one going? 🎣

or should i not ask?! 🙈

i'm looking forward to giving it a go, though not for a while yet, gotta see where i get to with Albion first....

7 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

how's this one going? 🎣

or should i not ask?! 🙈

i'm looking forward to giving it a go, though not for a while yet, gotta see where i get to with Albion first....

Don’t ask! 😂 

Played a few seasons and the job opportunities just weren’t cropping up so I abandoned the save. Apologies for not letting everyone know actually!

Give it a crack mate, I just didn’t have any luck on the job availabilities :(