Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Brexit means Brexit. Unless....

Jack20

May-Conference-Speech-1250x703.jpg

After many, arduous years of negotiations, today the Conservative Prime Minister Theresa May has announced that the UK will tomorrow activate Article 50, and leave the European Union. What this means for the rest of the United Kingdom, we are yet to find out. It has already been suggested that the Welsh Assembley will hold a debate in due course over their place in the Union, and whether they want to break free, and try and gain their own independent state status within the European Union. 

Welsh-assembly.jpg

The vote results are in. The Welsh Assembley has voted 52;48 in favour of REMAINING in the United Kingdom. A remarkable final result, in which there will undoubtedly be much criticised and volatile opinions. 

5468534-3x2-940x627.jpg

Today has seen vast swathes of often violent protests outside of Cardiff Metropolitan University. The University has been the most vocal in its opposition to the ruling by the Welsh Assembley just days ago, and in its third day of protest, has seen a huge media presence. Both the EU and the Cardiff Mayor are due to speak on the matter in the next few days. 

Cardiff Metropolitan University F.C.jpg

In a remarkable turn of events, the EU and Cardiff CC have announced a staggering proposal. Cardiff Met have been given a time frame of 30 years, to win the European Cup. If they do so, the city of Cardiff will gain member nation status in the European Union. 

The race begins now. 

Editor Note: I have no idea quite how hard, or easy this will be. I suspect it will take a signifcant period of time. If for whatever reason I piss it, I will follow the same format in NI and then Scotland. 

Season 1, 2018/2019

Transfers:

Spoiler

No photo description available.

I didn't want to make too many changes ahead of the first season as I frankly didn't know a) The quality of my squad and b) The Quality of my league. Budget will be a very big factor as unsurprisingly, we haven't a pot to piss in. Apparently, everyone's 9K a year doesn't go straight to the team. It's worth noting now as well, I'm certain IRL they only have players from their Uni. This is obviously nigh on impossible in FMM, and frankly, as a European Union place is up for grabs by winning a trophy, we aren't exactly realistic as it is, are we? 😂

League:

Spoiler

Turns out, the league isn't that good! We won it at an absolute canter in the end, and were never really challenged. I appreciate that the further we go on in the career the more boring the Domestic stuff should in theory get. However there will always be goals to achieve, so I will try and spruce it up as much as I can. 

Domestic Cups:

Spoiler

So the Domestic Treble was completed in the first season. Winning trophies will never not be fun, regardless of the standard you are playing against. If anything else, this should be a good stats padding career!

Various bits and bobs:

Spoiler

As you can see, in Thomas and Roscrow we absolutley dominated the league. I often find especially in the lower leagues its far too easy to pick up young lads and they destroy the league. While that's the case with Joe, Adam has been at the club long before I was, so to see him do so brilliantly is ace to see. 

Cheers for reading, I'm a fair few years ahead so there should be regular updates. xx

23 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Nice, I like following a welsh league challenge 😁

Question: Why have you put two kisses at the end of the post? 😂

Now now pal. When you’ve flirted with a girl/boy to get their attention have you never been overly nice? 😉

Season 2, 2019/2020

Transfers:

Spoiler

Image may contain: 1 person

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Image may contain: 1 person

A much more productive summer than my first. What the screenshots dont show is quite how many left the club on free transfers. It must have been a good 10-15. The summer obviously started with a large blow losing Jamie. Not only losing him, but for a pretty pathetic fee. It is nature of the beast though, and hopefully in Driver we have a sufficient replacement. The other signings were all about some added strength and depth. Williams won YPOTY in the season just gone, with 20 goals from midfield. For just 625 quid, couldn't say no!

Domestic:

Spoiler

A domination of the league followed. Dropping points in only 3 games. We also scored goals for fun, not missing Jamie Thomas one bit. A mixed bag however in the domestic cups. Good to win the Welsh Cup. But losing in the Quarters of the League Cup is certainly not what we wanted to be doing. Very pissed off at that. 

European Exploits:

Spoiler

As tough a bloody draw as you could get in the First Qualy rounds. We held our own, but we never really looked like scoring over the two legs. In the Europa League there was late heartache at the first time of asking. It just shows quite how difficult this is truly going to be. 

Bits and Bobs:

Spoiler

As you can see, Ciaran was absolutley immense. As was Roscrow again. We are clearly going to have difficulty keeping hold of some of these strikers, as they get itchy feet and fancy a move every year. I am not too worried though, as Roscrow seems fairly content where he is, and scores just as frequently, so we will never be without goals. 

Next season I want a proper effort in Europe, and too ideally do the Treble again.

Cheers for reading, xx

45 minutes ago, samhardy said:

At first glance I was hoping this thread was going to be a “complete the sentence” following on from the title. Had a few belters lined up.

Nice start and good luck!

Fire away anyway Sammy boy. 

Now then. With Sam clearly taking his Brexit word game ball home, I may as well do a season update. 

Season 3, 2020/2021

Transfers:

Spoiler

Annoyingly I forgot to screenshot the overall transfer ins and outs. As far as I can remember there was nothing much to shout about. No one of any significane left the club. At this stage its about just adding to what we have, in the hope we stumble across some gems to progress as they get older. 

Domestic Competitions:

Spoiler

Overall another excellent year for us. The league was a formality again, and I can't see that ever changing truth be told. When it isnt your day it isnt your day, and in the Welsh Cup it quite clearly wasn't. League Cup regained as well which is nice after missing out last year. But the Iron Bru one was a belter. We had no recognised strikers going into the game, and it was a backs to the wall job. But we came through it and I was buzzing off that. 

European Exploits:

Spoiler

I'm really torn on how I feel about Europe this year. Part of me is proud as fuck. The other gutted that we fell at the last hurdle. The way we swatted away teams early on was very pleasing. I now know that we will at least win a few games. The Kobenhaven one is tricky. I don't believe the final score tells the whole picture. You can see for yourself that the home leg was a lot closer than it seems. We also led in Denmark for an hour. The same can be said for Prague. The 2 goals at the end made it seem a lot worse than it was. However massive progress has been made on the European front. 

Bits and bobs:

Spoiler

We didn't have a runaway goal scorer this year. That can in part be down to Roscrow doing his ACL midway through October. He still finished our top scorer remarkably with 25. And Sugar Daddy made an appearance! I turned it down as I don't want any help that isn't available directly to everyone from the start, but it was still nice to notice I'm doing something right at least. 

More of the same for next year I hope. Being able to break into the Group Stages of Europe would be nice too. 

Cheers for reading. XX

Season 4, 2021/2022

Transfers: 

Spoiler

My oh my I was raging. Roscrow leaves us, for twelve thousand quid. The fucking state of that. I was absolutley raging. I was going to shift another striker off the books at the end of the season, but then when this nugget of shite cropped up midway through January, naturally plans changed. I was not remotely impressed. 

Domestic Comps:

Spoiler

Bit of a crap year really. Only winning the league. I have still not managed to go undefeated which is bugging me. The cup competitions were an odd one. We battered Bangor and it was just one of those days that you occasionally have. However, Dundalk and Bala we were well beaten in the end. Which is naturally very dissapointing. 

European Exploits:

Spoiler

Well then. Where to start with that? The highs of going to Switzerland, and scoring an 86th minute winner to go through, will never ever tire. A monumnetal moment for the club. Going out on penalties in the next round after working our bollocks off was a monumental low. To then beat Basel again, this time in extra time (not sure why it says 3-3, was 4-3) at home was brilliant. Taking the lead away to Villareal. Our first ever European point 2 weeks later. That's what it's all about, and we've proved we can do it. The next step is getting there again and this time winning a game or two. 

Bits and Bobs 

Spoiler

Ciaran stepped up to the plate brilliantly after Adam left, as did Rudden. But he leaves us with 132 goals in 175 games. Inlcuding an ACL that left him out for a year. A club legend. 

Can't win them all every season mate, Congrats on the qualification to the Europa GS, how's Rudden btw he's one of those young players that has the talent up here but can't get the chance to produce it.

Cheers pal. Rudden is a weird one. He’s scoring goals, but not really at the rate you’d want someone to be in the Welsh League. I can’t  imagine he would be okay to make the step up in a bigger league.  

B8FE0802-9DD8-445A-9F73-12DC32E127E1.png

0D5414C1-FA85-4F13-A648-127C62666301.png

28 minutes ago, Jack20 said:

Cheers pal. Rudden is a weird one. He’s scoring goals, but not really at the rate you’d want someone to be in the Welsh League. I can’t  imagine he would be okay to make the step up in a bigger league.  

B8FE0802-9DD8-445A-9F73-12DC32E127E1.png

0D5414C1-FA85-4F13-A648-127C62666301.png

Very strange one mate, suppose he's 22 so plenty time for improvements.

Hi Jack, 

Great challenge, enjoying reading it.

Out of interest how have you managed to sign in all the Scottish players I don't have those players on my game when I do a Welsh game, are you running two leagues to do that?

Cheers,

Sam

I have always wanted to play as Cardiff Met Uni but the fact that they are amateur puts me off as when want to challenge in Europe it will harder to keep players. Let me know if they turn pro.

I have done loads of Welsh Games in FM2019 and Sameron Dool and Jack Fox are the best players in that league when you start in the first season. Might be worth looking at them on your save if they haven't exited the league and are playing elsewhere.

Good going on the career so far. Shame you lost your striker so cheap. Has the Welsh league reputation changed at all since you started? Be interesting to see that improve