Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games Vibe Community Event: CentreBack FC

FuddledFox

Vibe Community Event: CentreBack FC

When I was a kid back at the beginning of professional football defenders were always just the big lads that couldn’t really play but got stuck in. As time has gone on defenders have become more capable on the ball and nowadays certainly at the top level centre backs are expected to have the same ability on the ball as midfielders.

To see how good modern day CB’s really are as all round footballers I decided it would be fun to play a save only using CB’s in the outfield positions. Following a brainstorming session with @Ashez we decided that it would great to make this a community event and allow you guys to send me your favourite CB and see which is the most “complete” CB on Vibe.

How this works

I want to make 2 XI’s of CB’s which I will then play in alternative matches so this means I need 20 players in total. This is where you guys come in as what I want you guys to do is nominate a CB to be your entry for this and I will then use the IGE to transfer that player to my chosen club and change there name to your Vibe screen name. The first 10 CB will be Team A and the 2nd 10 will make up Team B I will then do a draw for each position based on the number you nominated so the first person to nominate is number 1 and so on. The CB with the highest AvR will be declared the overall winner with then a winner in Defence, Midfield and Attack for both teams.

Once we have our squad of CB’s I will then start a save most likely in Italy and I will begin a Career thread so you guys can all follow your players progress. I will give more details on that once we have picked the squad.

So in summery.

• Comment below with the CB that you wish to represent you. The player can be green in other positions on the pitch but he must be natural as a centre back.
  • I will do a draw to decide which position that your nominated player will play on the pitch.
  • I will play the 2 teams alternately in matches so that all players have an even chance of winning.
  • There will be an overall winner, a winner from each XI and then winners based on where they play on the pitch so defence, midfield and attack. The winners will be based on AvR.

If you need to check if a player you want to nominate is in the DB I will be loading the top divisions from Italy, Spain, England and Germany but you can pick any player so long as they are in that DB.

I will be using the Gegenpressing tactic that Ashez and myself created as it is a proven tactic and it tends to create high ratings across the team although it’s never been tested with a team of CB’s! As this tactic uses a player in the DM role which as we all know will result in low AvR’s mine and Ashez player nominations will play that role so that everyone else has a good chance of winning. We will both be making the final player nominations to let you guys get in with the players you want first.

You can find out more about the tactic here.

The key thing to remember is that the player you choose could end up playing anywhere on the pitch except GK so it’s worth putting some thought into who you go for. 

So don’t be shy get commenting with your nominations and hopefully we can have some fun with this.

Nominated Players

1. @Rob: Upamecano 
  2. @eekim28: Ajer
  3. @Nucleus: Van Dijk
  4. @Titjes: Kehrer
  5. @Mr Tree: Mephum
  6. @Woody: Skriniar
  7. @1759: Sergio Ramos
  8. @Ran7777: de Ligt
  9. @samhardy: John O’Shite
  10. @Foxy: Diego Gonzalez
  11. @Lapalapalup: Lindelof
  12. @Damilare: David Luiz
  13. @CamelXCVII: Mauricio Lemos
  14. @Gideon_J: John Stones
  15. @DutchTony: Koulibaly 
  16. @sharaziukManolas
  17. @Sonneratia: Dier
  18. @smoggy90: Marquinhos
  19. @URz: Laurence Maguire
  20. @Ashez: Mattias Ginter

Top division in England = I can't have Brentford's own (though not for long) Chris Mepham? If not then (sulk) I don't want to play (harumph)

I'm going to pick a player i've grown to like alot.

I wish i had chosen him in our H2H2H, he is.....

Spoiler

Milan Skriniar.

Edited by Woody
4 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Top division in England = I can't have Brentford's own (though not for long) Chris Mepham? If not then (sulk) I don't want to play (harumph)

Just checked and he is in the DB I have loaded so you can pick him if you want. The players don’t have to be in those divisions that is just a guide so that people can check if the player they want is available.

18 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Virgin van dyke

Not sure if he is in the DB so I have put you down for his brother Virgil instead 😛

10 minutes ago, Titjes said:

Thilo Kehrer

Nice pick mate 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Sergio Ramos

Cheers fella 👍🏻

1 minute ago, ashrafrazin said:

I vote for Skreeching Skriniar

Sorry mate but Woody has already picked Skriniar so you will need to pick someone else.

5 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Just checked and he is in the DB I have loaded so you can pick him if you want. The players don’t have to be in those divisions that is just a guide so that people can check if the player they want is available. 

Great stuff, thanks. And sorry for handicapping you :D

9 minutes ago, Ran7777 said:

Matthijs de Ligt

Thank you 🙂

8 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Great stuff, thanks. And sorry for handicapping you :D

He looks ok actually and I don’t think it will handicap the team any more than It already will be 😂

He's a wonderkid (on your lists) and about to move for 15m+ in real life, so yeah not too bad, albeit not a Ramos!

Seen as it says “hopefully we can have some fun with this” and everyone’s nominations so far have been incredibly dull and predictable I will make it somewhat entertaining for @Foxy and nominate...

John O’Shite.

4 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Seen as it says “hopefully we can have some fun with this” and everyone’s nominations so far have been incredibly dull and predictable I will make it somewhat entertaining for @Foxy and nominate...

John O’Shite.

Finally the pacy shadow striker that I needed!!!

I am taking slot 10 for my nomination for the DLP role in Team A but I won’t pick till everyone else has. @Ashez has slot 20 for the DLP role in Team B meaning that I have 9 places left.

20 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

He's a wonderkid (on your lists) and about to move for 15m+ in real life, so yeah not too bad, albeit not a Ramos!

Actually pained me to pick Ramos but he’s got good stats right across the board.

Number 1 is Carragher, Number 2 is Carragher, Number 3 is Carragher, Number 4 is Carragher, CARRAGHER

We all dream of a team of Carragher’s A team of Carragher’s A team of Carragher’s We all dream of a team of Carragher’s A team of Carragher’s A team of Carragher’s

Number 5 is Carragher, Number 6 is Carragher, Number 7 is Carragher, Number 8 is Carragher, CARRAGHER

We all dream of a team of Carragher’s, A team of Carragher’s, A team of Carragher’s, We all dream of a team of Carragher’s, A team of Carragher’s, A team of Carragher’s…

Number 9 is Carragher, Number 10 is Carragher, Number 11 is Carragher, and 23 is Carragher, CARRAGHER

9 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Number 1 is Carragher, Number 2 is Carragher, Number 3 is Carragher, Number 4 is Carragher, CARRAGHER

We all dream of a team of Carragher’s A team of Carragher’s A team of Carragher’s We all dream of a team of Carragher’s A team of Carragher’s A team of Carragher’s

Number 5 is Carragher, Number 6 is Carragher, Number 7 is Carragher, Number 8 is Carragher, CARRAGHER

We all dream of a team of Carragher’s, A team of Carragher’s, A team of Carragher’s, We all dream of a team of Carragher’s, A team of Carragher’s, A team of Carragher’s…

Number 9 is Carragher, Number 10 is Carragher, Number 11 is Carragher, and 23 is Carragher, CARRAGHER

But can carragher rly carry the team?🤔

added 0 minutes later

I choose Lindelof!

8 minutes ago, Lapalapalup said:

But can carragher rly carry the team?🤔

added 0 minutes later

I choose Lindelof!

4 minutes ago, Damilare said:

I go for David Luiz

Cheers lads, a couple of good footballing CB’s that hopefully can do a job else where on the pitch.

We haven’t had any left footers yet 😱

12 minutes ago, CamelXCVII said:

Mauricio Lemos

Good pick! At least one Sunderland fan has good taste in CB’s 😉

6 more places left!

6 minutes ago, Gideon_J said:

Declan Rice for me! hope he gets CDM!

Sorry mate but he isn’t a natural CB in the game (light green in the role) and the rules state he needs to be. You are welcome to pick someone else though.

C5F4ECD4-2885-4A60-AD49-DA36369341C1.jpeg

1 minute ago, Gideon_J said:

Darn it he woudlve been such an OP player tbh but can i have John Stones

Yep you can have him 👍🏻