Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat LLM 1k attempt possible/feasible?

Hi all,

I'm nearly finished my Fiorentina challenge and my mind has started to wander to what I'm going to do next.

I have had a thought about doing a challenge based on Sir Bobby Robson's managerial career, but I need to work out the details a bit more before I try it.

But I was thinking of trying a 1k, but it occurred to me after reading the guide from last year that the more games the better odds of scoring more, so with that in mind... Has anyone ever been successful doing a 1k from the lower divisions? I'm guessing it would have to be in England to get enough leagues, and the major challenge would be getting a good enough player at the lowest league and keeping them happy until you can get to the Premier League.

Any thoughts or is it a non starter?

Also, I have no idea how to get a striker to score 100+ goals in a season, the most I've ever gotten was 60.

Don’t know whether it would be possible or not but if it is then I think you’ll need a fantastic tactic. I know that I couldn’t do it. I’m trying for my first 1k now and I chose PSG and Parrott who is a wonderkid. I went into it without any real testing and the most goals I’ve got so far is 79 and that’s with probably the easiest team and league you can pick. Basically if you are going to try this then I’d suggest doing a lot of testing to make sure you have a tactic they can get the big numbers cos you’ll need it for what you are going to try.

It’s a tough challenge In my opinion. Not so much the 1k challenge itself but the challenge within that challenge. First off you need a player who can bang in the goals in the lower leagues whilst still being able to do it when you get promoted to the top league. This player also needs to be willing to stay at your club until you become a powerhouse, which is pretty tough this year iirc. Those sort of players are incredibly rare in my opinion, do they even exist at all? 

Good luck if you do attempt it 😁

I attempted this last year and gave up due to the fact that southgate was virtually unsackable. Even with the england job i would have struggled if not  almost certainly failed outright though.

20 minutes ago, kts365 said:

I attempted this last year and gave up due to the fact that southgate was virtually unsackable. Even with the england job i would have struggled if not  almost certainly failed outright though.

Hmm, a good read. I was thinking of using the mighty Blyth as they're just down the road from where the wife is from (North Shields), or maybe getting Stockport back up the leagues...

Interesting about Southgate being unsackable, might have to try with a different nationality striker and change my nationality too, so it's more likely I'll get the national job.

I was thinking of loaning a better striker first season, just so there's more likelihood of getting a better quality player while I have less money, haven't tried an option to buy on a loan yet though.

2 hours ago, geordiekrispy said:

Hmm, a good read. I was thinking of using the mighty Blyth as they're just down the road from where the wife is from (North Shields), or maybe getting Stockport back up the leagues...

Interesting about Southgate being unsackable, might have to try with a different nationality striker and change my nationality too, so it's more likely I'll get the national job.

I was thinking of loaning a better striker first season, just so there's more likelihood of getting a better quality player while I have less money, haven't tried an option to buy on a loan yet though.

That was on fmm18

Southgate is very sackable in fmm19