Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2019 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

14 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Piss off :@ 

I forgot to mention Super Furry Animals in my list 😕 but Manics are better than them anyway. Can’t think of any other bands worth talking about from Wales tbh as I’m not a fan of Goldie Looking Chain.

The funny thing is, Sam actually likes the MSP! At first I thought he was joking, but no! He actually likes them! 😂😂😂 What an absolute dribble 

2 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

The funny thing is, Sam actually likes the MSP! At first I thought he was joking, but no! He actually likes them! 😂😂😂 What an absolute dribble 

Errrm I'm not sure if i should mention that i saw them live 5 or 6 times in the late 90's.

Let me think about it for a while and I'll get back to you... 🤔

6 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Errrm I'm not sure if i should mention that i saw them live 5 or 6 times in the late 90's.

Let me think about it for a while and I'll get back to you... 🤔

I knew it was a bad idea for Sam to invite you to this 😂

46 minutes ago, samhardy said:

The standard of DP’s is pretty high this year mainly as I had a hand in creating 5 out of 8 of them. The two lads with the “square” ones are the best as they looked amazing on the league table graphic. I will say Smoggys is worse than Dutch though as Dutch’s brings back memories of that crazy game at Anfield."

Fixed! 😊

11 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

You'd probably like them as well if you didn't fanboy over that pub band got lucky 😂

12 minutes ago, Foxy said:

I like having @DutchTony about as it means there is at least one person older than me now @BatiGoal has taken his ball home.

Damn now i need to find one person older than me on here.

Edit: I didn't realise me and @BatiGoal are the same age. I feel better now...

Edited by DutchTony
10 minutes ago, Foxy said:

@Woody is old enough to remember the last time Newcastle won a trophy if that’s any consolation 😉

1956 Milk Cup....those were the deez, spent all dee darn the pits then support'n tha Toon at weekends! Canny times them.

Yes....i'm old!!!!

2 minutes ago, Woody said:

1956 Milk Cup....those were the deez, spent all dee darn the pits then support'n tha Toon at weekends! Canny times them.

Yes....i'm old!!!!

Did you not win the Fairs Cup in 1969? @Woody. It was a legitimate trophy at the time!

27 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Did you not win the Fairs Cup in 1969? @Woody. It was a legitimate trophy at the time!

To be honest mate i will take that.

26 minutes ago, samhardy said:

What Newcastle haven’t won a trophy in that long? They win the airport cup every year don’t they?

😂😂😂 funny 😛

Week 2 - Challenge

Austria's Wunderteam

Known as one of the most influential teams in history, Austria's "Wunderteam" of the 1930's led by Hugo Meisl obliterated almost everyone in their wake throughout the decade, entering the 1934 World Cup as clear favourites before falling to a surprising defeat to Italy.

9545439.jpg?384&key=af3bcb1020fd669e9ce4

You can read more about it here:

http://footballsgreatest.weebly.com/austria-1930s.html

Here are some snippets from the article.

The style of the team was based on the Scottish school of football that focused on quick passing introduced by Englishman Jimmy Hogan. The forward line was complemented by wide half-backs and an attacking centre-half. Matthias Sindelar, Josef Smistik and Walter Nausch formed the core of the team that would dominate European football during that era. Matthias Sindelar, known as Der Papierene (The Papery Man) due to his slight build, was the star and captain of the team. Pepe Bican remains one of the most prolific goalscorers of all time.

In the early 1930s, Austria became a very celebrated team in Europe. They entered the 1934 World Cup as the clear favorites. They had routed many of their opponents, including a 5-0 and a 6-0 victory over Germany, a 6-0 victory over Switzerland, and a 8-2 victory over Hungary. They also won the Central European International Cup, predecessor of the European Championship, by beating Italy 4-2 in 1932.

The Challenge

Your job will be to replicate this team, incorporating the style of play at club level. The first thing of course, is that you will only be allowed to buy and play Austrian players throughout the challenge.

As a German speaking nation and with all the controversy surrounding the demise of this team, it'll be Germany you head to for this challenge. You can choose any German club, presumably Bayern but mix it up a bit if you aren't a fucking boring bastard :P

The main part of this challenge though is the 2-3-5 formation they play in. You will be trying to replicate this by creating your own 2-3-5 formation and using it throughout the duration of the challenge. There's bound to be controversy over what role and position constitutes what position so I'll clear up here.

Defenders are only across the back line. Wing backs playing in the DML/R role are not classed as defenders. Inverted wing backs can't be used full stop.

Midfielders are anywhere from DM up to AM, including wide players.

Attackers are the front line only, unless you're using inside forwards. Inside forwards are attackers and not midfielders, even if they're played at AML/R.

Roles:

Defensive: WB, DFB, FB, and all CB variations.

Midfield: BWM, BBM, CM, DLP, AP, W, DW, WM, SS, T

Attacking: IF and all striker variations.

So, it's a bunch of Austrians in your personalised 2-3-5 formation. If you want me to green light the tactic before you start then feel free to PM me with a screenshot.

Clarifications

• Any Bundesliga team.
  • This is a half season challenge, meaning you play the first 17 league games of the Bundesliga season.
  • Only Austrians can be bought and played. Loans are allowed.
  • You must use a 2-3-5 formation. I've given the details but I will confirm whether a tactic is ok to use if I'm asked but it looks fairly straightforward.
  • No coaching badges
  • No cup games count towards points

Points System (17 League Games)

League Points + Goal Difference.

Deadline - Monday, 18th February 11:59PM GMT

I appreciate this is a lot of work for a half season challenge but I really wanted to use this one and have got the full season ones already worked out.

Rules + Screenshots Required

Spoiler
  • Enhanced match engine only
  • Own tactics only
  • No coaching badges
  • No unlockables, IGE or outside software
  • SI approved databases only
  • No holidaying or reloading
  • Evidence via screenshots will be required
  • Failure to meet the deadline will equal 0 points - no extensions
  • If you fall under any suspicion you will be asked to submit your save for inspection. Failure to do so will result in immediate ejection from the competition.
  • Tiebreaker is league points
  • And the most important rule - have fun :)

Screenshots Required

• League table
  • Transfers page
  • Manager profile
  • Squad list in order of appearances
  • Fixture list
  • Tactic(s) used

Thinking about it, it probably doesn't matter much which team we pick as we can only use Austrians. The only issue may be raising enough money to buy a squad full of them...

2 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Thinking about it, it probably doesn't matter much which team we pick as we can only use Austrians. The only issue may be raising enough money to buy a squad full of them...

I reckon you should pick Nurnberg then. Quality side right at the foot of the table irl 😛

Just now, Nucleus said:

I reckon you should pick Nurnberg then. Quality side right at the foot of the table irl 😛

Nah I'm good thanks mate. But please feel free to pick Nurnberg and show me how it's done 👏

1 minute ago, DutchTony said:

Nah I'm good thanks mate. But please feel free to pick Nurnberg and show me how it's done 👏

I’ve already started with someone else 😛

If i buy 11 Austrians and 1 gets injured, can i choose anyone else to play instead? Or does it have to be another Austrian? I just need to figure out if i need to buy 11 of them or more like 22 of them...