Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2019 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

2019 Vibe Premier League

Welcome to the second edition of the Vibe Premier League! Last year's "community event of the year" returns for a second edition after the drama (and there was lots of it) last year. It ended up with @PriZe lifting the title after a lucky last minute winner over me in the final, after topping the league phase as well. If you want to read what went down last year in full then click the link below:

Chloe the Cow makes an appearance as the preview picture :P

This is an invitational event and the 8 members invited were chosen by @Foxy and myself. We went for a mixture of experienced vibers, as well as people who have made big waves on the site this year, and most importantly can be trusted to submit honestly and each week.

Without further ado, let's take a look at the 8 managers battling it out for the crown this year:

------------------------------

flag-england2x.png&key=32908f503b67f98de Foxy

flag-england2x.png&key=32908f503b67f98de samhardy

flag-wales2x.png&key=df3b8e39324a237d209 Nucleus

flag-belgium2x.png&key=25eb4caf8a0aa8088 Titjes

flag-england2x.png&key=32908f503b67f98de Woody

flag-england2x.png&key=32908f503b67f98de smoggy90

flag-england2x.png&key=32908f503b67f98de 1759

flag-england2x.png&key=32908f503b67f98de DutchTony

-------------------------------

The Format - How this will run

The first thing to say is that this will run similarly, but not identically to last year. The key change is the reduction of participants from 10 to 8 after taking on board advice last year that it potentially "dragged out" and went on for a couple weeks too many. As a result, elimination is no more, so it'll just be 7 weeks of H2Hs with the top 4 qualifying for the all important playoffs.

There'll be two main honours to be fought for - The League phase champion, which will be awarded simply to the manager who tops the league after 7 weeks. However, after 7 weeks the top 4 placed managers will enter the all important playoffs - semi finals followed by a final to decide who succeeds @PriZe as Vibe Premier League champion.

Points system

The unique "real football" score system will remain in place after its success last year. When all the results come in for each week, I'll divide them into 4 separate categories, 1st + 2nd, 3rd + 4th, 5th + 6th and 7th + 8th. The top two points scorers in the round will be awarded 3 points (or goals for the purpose of the matchup) and someone in the lowest category (7th or 8th) will score 0 goals. So, If the highest scorer played the lowest scorer in a round then the higher scorer would win the H2H 3-0. If the two managers facing off against each other were the two lowest scorers then it'd be a 0-0 draw and both would get a point each.

The highest scorer in the round will earn a bonus point in the league, with the lowest scoring having a point deducted from their total. Any confusion over this as it's quite hard to explain just take a glance through last year's competition.

Plan of attack

I'll be posting the fixture list, along with the schedule for the entirety of the competition tomorrow, and we will get underway on Wednesday when the first challenge is posted.

Best of luck to all involved and hopefully everyone enjoys following this!

Thanks to the Gloucestershire Gladiator @Foxy for providing graphics throughout this tournament.

Schedule

Spoiler
  • 1 - Wednesday 6th - Monday 11th (Half-season)
  • 2 - Wednesday 13th - Monday 18th (Half-season)
  • 3 - Wednesday 20th - Wednesday 27th (Full-season)
  • 4 -  *MARCH* Friday 1st - Wednesday 6th (Half-season)
  • 5 -  Friday 8th - Thursday 14th (Full-season)
  • 6 - Monday 18th - Friday 22nd (Half-season)
  • 7 - Monday 25th - Friday 29th (Full-season)
  • Playoffs - *APRIL* (Semis - Monday 1st - Friday 5th) (Final - Monday 8th - Friday 12th)

League Season Finished

4 hours ago, kts365 said:

After last year's misfortunes and this years absenteeism i am looking forward to being an outsider looking in this year

I had in my notes last year but never posted it that you lost 8 points as a result of bad luck and and misfortune 😂

20 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I had in my notes last year but never posted it that you lost 8 points as a result of bad luck and and misfortune 😂

Either that or a dirty mackem cheated me 😉

4 hours ago, Nucleus said:

6 Englishmen, a Belgian and a Welshman walk into a bar.

The Welshman wins. End of story

That actually made me chortle.

I think only me and the Beano still use the word chortle.

With the VPL starting tomorrow here is the full fixture list for the 7 weeks of competition!

Week 1

Spoiler

Fixtures Wk1.png

Week 2

Spoiler

Fixtures wk2.png

Week 3

Spoiler

Fixtures wk3.png

Week 4

Spoiler

Fixtures wk4.png

Week 5

Spoiler

Fixtures wk5.png

Week 6

Spoiler

Fixtures wk6.png

Week 7

Spoiler

Fixtures wk7.png

13 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I think we should wait for the CC champion and runaway tournament favourite @Foxy to kick that off ;)

Absolutely agree with you here. What a tremendous shout that is

Gather round one and all and I shall tell you a story.

A few nights back I was roaming the Gloucestershire countryside as us Foxes like to do when I came upon a chicken house. Now what kind of Fox would be if I turned down such an obvious opportunity as this? 

There was a fence round this chicken house but a little digging soon proved it was no obstacle for a determined Fox like me. After a few minutes digging I was in and luckily Mrs Giles the farmers wife had left the coop’s door open so in a strolled.

What greeted me was the site of 7 chickens looking straight at me with terror in there beady little chicken eyes. Needless to say I tore them limb from limb and ate them all. Afterwards I sat down for a little rest, I was surrounded by feathers, my stomach was full of lovely chicken and I was content. I thought to myself that this reminds me of something but I can’t quite put my finger on what.

A had a little think 🤔 and then a little sleep 😴 and when I woke up....Eureka!!!!

What had happened in that chicken house is exactly what I am going to do to the 7 chickens in the VPL 😉

10 minutes ago, Foxy said:

A few nights back I was roaming the Gloucestershire countryside as us Foxes like to do when I came upon a chicken house. Now what kind of Fox would be if I turned down such an obvious opportunity as this? 

There was a fence round this chicken house but a little digging soon proved it was no obstacle for a determined Fox like me. After a few minutes digging I was in and luckily Mrs Giles the farmers wife had left the coop’s door open so in a strolled.

What greeted me was the site of 7 chickens looking straight at me with terror in there beady little chicken eyes. Needless to say I tore them limb from limb and ate them all. Afterwards I sat down for a little rest, I was surrounded by feathers, my stomach was full of lovely chicken and I was content. I thought to myself that this reminds me of something but I can’t quite put my finger on what.

A had a little think 🤔 and then a little sleep 😴 and when I woke up....Eureka!!!!

What had happened in that chicken house is exactly what I am going to do to the 7 chickens in the VPL 😉

Well well well....we shall see Mr Foxy but just so you know i have a big F#€£ing gun! 😊

7 minutes ago, Woody said:

Well well well....we shall see Mr Foxy but just so you know i have a big F#€£ing gun! 😊

I really hope you’re talking about your rifle and not your gun gun 😕

9 minutes ago, Woody said:

It’s going to take a bit more than a woodpecker with a super soaker to stop me mate.

23 minutes ago, Foxy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43169625

Fighting talk in here now! This could be a blood bath!

I’ve got my pug Teddy with me and although his bark is worse than his bite I’ve decided I’m not going to be feeding him so he can build up a nice appetite! 😉

Here's the schedule that I will 100% ok maybe 10% stick to this year. It'll definitely be 4 half season and 3 full season as 7 full ones drag it out too much. Will add it to the OP too.

• 1 - Wednesday 6th - Monday 11th (Half-season)
  • 2 - Wednesday 13th - Monday 18th (Half-season)
  • 3 - Wednesday 20th - Wednesday 27th (Full-season)
  • 4 -  *MARCH* Friday 1st - Wednesday 6th (Half-season)
  • 5 -  Friday 8th - Thursday 14th (Full-season)
  • 6 - Monday 18th - Friday 22nd (Half-season)
  • 7 - Monday 25th - Friday 29th (Full-season)
  • Playoffs - *APRIL* (Semis - Monday 1st - Friday 5th) (Final - Monday 8th - Friday 12th)
2 hours ago, Foxy said:

It’s going to take a bit more than a woodpecker with a super soaker to stop me mate.

I'll send Mr McGregor round with his pitch fork.