Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2019 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

1 hour ago, 1759 said:

Finished mine now. I found it brutal but quite entertaining! Screen shots will be in this evening some time.

In the nicest possible way i hope you were terrible and got sacked 😉

I need to get out of negative points 😜

1 hour ago, DutchTony said:

In the nicest possible way i hope you were terrible and got sacked 😉

I need to get out of negative points 😜

You’ll have to wait and see😉

It's been good fun following this, but I have a possibly stupid question... Are you all playing EME? (or all OME?) Or is it open to both, doesn't matter? I just checked a few old posts in the forum and the consensus is that OME is "easier", right? So one of you playing OME vs an opponent playing EME would have an advantage... 🤔

I just reviewed the first few posts and didn't see it mentioned, but maybe that's because you are all elite so it's a given ;)

8 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

It's been good fun following this, but I have a possibly stupid question... Are you all playing EME? (or all OME?) Or is it open to both, doesn't matter? I just checked a few old posts in the forum and the consensus is that OME is "easier", right? So one of you playing OME vs an opponent playing EME would have an advantage... 🤔

I just reviewed the first few posts and didn't see it mentioned, but maybe that's because you are all elite so it's a given ;)

These events are all EME mate.

@Woody do you have any idea when you'll be finished?

If you submit tonight I can get the results done tomorrow and new challenge on Wednesday.

No rush though as I'm happy to stick to the schedule and do the next challenge on Friday.

Week 3 - Results

We find ourselves ahead of schedule which means here I am with the results a couple of days early! This was a brutal challenge and without doubt the toughest so far, that usually means there's sackings, low scores and surprises along the way so are we in for some shock results this week? I know what you're thinking and that's telling me to shut up and just get on with the reveal so here we go.

DutchTony v 1759

Spoiler

Both these two were looking for their first win in the competition after a slow start and this is not a challenge I imagine they were delighted at seeing upon it being posted. Who, or both will get out of negative points this week?

I can reveal that both managers were sacked but there's no real shame in that this week. It was a remarkably tight affair which was kind of to be expected but 1759 made it to the 25th October with his choice of team Academica. Unfortunately he was only in the dugout for 9 league games, picking up 7 points with a -3 GD, meaning just 4 points came from the league. Wildcard Javi Chica was useless but in better news for 1759 none of his defeats were by more than one goal and he managed to get through two cup rounds. Final total of 14 which ordinarily isn't very good but this is no ordinary challenge.

DutchTony went for P.Ferreira as his choice of team and managed to stay in a job for 3 extra games than his opponent. But could this turn out to actually be a bad thing? He was 11th in the league after 12 games when being sacked which seems a bit harsh but they are one of the biggest clubs in the division. 14 points and only a -5 GD means he was ahead by 5 of his opponent at this stage.

Due to a non-submission from Tits this week, this match couldn't end in a draw. They were the two lowest scorers apart from Tits but it's essentially down to whoever has the higher score takes the 3 points. A straight H2H!

Tony didn't get any points from his wildcard though and only passed one round in the cup bringing his total up to 14. But wait! 3 league defeats by more than one goal bring his total crashing down to -1! Three crucial defeats there and it's a huge win for 1759, his first of the season but more misery thrown onto DT.

Result - DutchTony 0-1 1759

Titjes v smoggy90

Spoiler

Well, this week league leader Titjes dropped a hint in the thread by saying he'd "given up" after almost smashing his phone and sadly this was meant to be taken absolutely literally as he chose not to submit a score this week :O Not just a defeat but a guaranteed point deducted from the table as well.

This means all Smoggy had to do this week to get the win was to better DT's score of -1. I can reveal that he succeeded in that task but it would be rude not to delve into what was a fantastic performance and a fascinating one at that!

He chose Academica and in what can be seen as an achievement this week kept his job for the whole season, mainly thanks to his heroics in the cup! The main cup for that matter and he made it all the way to the final :O An incredible achievement albeit with some self admitted luck with the cup draws but you still have to win the games and he did just that, 7 cup rounds were passed giving him 35 points straight off the bat.

There wasn't much to shout about in the league and arguably the cup run was the main reason Smoggy kept his job as he finished 15th but still scored a further 38 points from the league campaign, 40 league points and a relatively damage limitations GD of -2. Furthermore 4 MOTM performances from his wildcard Eldar Hasanovic made this into one hell of a score but sadly he suffered 5 heavy defeats which puts a dent in the score somewhat. Still though, 68 points this week is nothing to be sniffed at.

Result - Titjes 0-2 smoggy90

Foxy v Woody

Spoiler

A very intriguing encounter this one with Foxy as the favourite but the unpredictable Woody as we all know can spring surprises at any moment. Let's have a look what happened in this banger.

Foxy was one of the first to submit this week and elected to take the "sensible" tactic this week of picking a mid-table team with lower aspirations in order to ensure he lasted the full season even if it went badly. Varzim was the club of choice and he had a very decent run at things in the league, finishing 10th with 47 points and a positive GD of 4. A nice 4 cup rounds passed as well bringing the score up to 71, and a MOTM display from Joao Canadas took it further north. Ultimately though it's the defeats by 2 goals or more that are the killer in this challenge and there were 4 of those which deducted 20 points. 56 points though which would be tough for Woody to beat.

Woody went for Arouca as his choice of team, and only got through one cup round and got one MOTM performance from his wildcard. This means that he needed to have a very good league season to take anything this week. And he did! A fantastic league display actually, he led Arouca to a stunning 4th place finish with 54 points, and coupled with an 11 GD that brought his total up to 75 which was very similar to Foxy at this stage.

The big difference here though was Woody's defensive record, only conceding a goal per game and he only suffered a heavy defeat on one occasion! That means he finished with a score of 70, what a performance from Woody as he is at the upper end of a cluster of scores and enough for him to pull off a bit of an upset to defeat the Gloucestershire Gladiator and take the 3 points.

Result - Foxy 1-3 Woody

samhardy v Nucleus

Spoiler

Well what a match we had in store here, especially if the H2H between these two last year had anything to go by. I won that of course but this is a different kettle of fish and a tight match was expected.

Nuke was first to submit as usual and like Tony chose P.Ferreira as his team. And what an absolutely astonishing season the Welshman had! With 10 games to go he was comfortably top of the league but suffered a "dip in form" towards the end meaning he eventually lost out on the title on H2H record. But still unbelievable scenes :O 64 points in the league was more than half the competition's overall totals but it wasn't enough to claim the title off FCP B. 22 GD as well! Just the one cup round passed but the foot wasn't taken off the gas as his wildcard Fabio Roberto Carlos Santos put in 5 MOTM performances from left back. That took his total to a whopping 116 but 2 defeats by more than a goal brought it down to 106. Somehow I doubted that will make a difference and it didn't. Nuke obliterates the competition to finally claim that bonus point that had proved elusive the first two weeks.

This is the drawback to receiving everyone else's results as the host as when this score came through I knew essentially I was playing for a draw best case scenario. I went for Penafiel as my team using the "safe" tactic to make sure I lasted the season. I was very pleased with my season in the league due to the quality of the players but we dropped some stupid points and the consistency just wasn't there. I only actually finished two places below Woody, in 6th but I had a solitary point more than him. But I was way behind Nuke and my 2 cup rounds passed and 2 MOTM performances were nowhere near enough. Unfortunately 4 pretty heavy losses including a 5-1 to FCP B meant I fell short of securing a draw as well with 65. 

Annoyingly with one more cup win I would have got a draw this week but there was never any chance I was going to get the win!

Result - samhardy 2-3 Nucleus

Here's the scorelist in full for week 3:

Spoiler

Nucleus - 106
Woody - 70
smoggy90 - 68
samhardy - 65
Foxy - 56
1759 - 14
DutchTony - -1
Titjes - N/A

Now time for a look at the table. @Nucleus obviously goes top after his 4-point haul this week whilst @Titjes pays the price for his non-attempt dropping out of the top 4. Impressive performances from @Woody and @smoggy90 lift them up to 2nd and 3rd respectively, @Foxy drops to 4th, I drop to 6th and @1759 pulls clear of @DutchTony who is now rooted to the bottom.

1075284420_LeaguetableWk3.thumb.png.fbc8dc4d0ebc996569058e5a6c3a858a.png

How the hell some of you got them scores I’ll never know. I must be unbelievably super shit lol.

I’m starting to think that possibly there’s a teeny tiny chance i may not win this 😂

Unlucky @DutchTony, I only won cos I was lucky enough to somehow keep the scores down.

I tip my hat to everyone who managed to finish the season. Looking forward to this weeks challenge and hopefully it won’t be as brutal as this!😆

Nice to get the bonus point. I honestly thought my score would be bettered by someone as I wasn’t really troubled in the league until the final couple of months so I thought someone must have gone the whole season without a rough patch. The lads I had to let go in January were a loss and a huge ballache due to all the screenshots!

Well done everyone!

Did anybody get a few lads in who were going to turn 22 during the season? I only got one and he was turning 22 in January but I never got that far. 😂

Edited by 1759
10 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Did anybody get a few lads in who were going to turn 22 during the season? I only got one and he was turning 22 in January but I never got that far. 😂

I had a few! I thought they’d be ok for the season until you questioned it after the challenge release lol. The first one turned 22 in January so I offloaded the rest at the same time

Just now, Nucleus said:

I had a few! I thought they’d be ok for the season until you questioned it after the challenge release lol. The first one turned 22 in January so I offloaded the rest at the same time

Yeah I think I should have got a few more as there were a few slightly better players. I think in hindsight I should’ve went with a weaker team too but I was hoping the better facilities would improve the players really quickly but it was never going to be quick enough lol.

Just now, 1759 said:

Yeah I think I should have got a few more as there were a few slightly better players. I think in hindsight I should’ve went with a weaker team too but I was hoping the better facilities would improve the players really quickly but it was never going to be quick enough lol.

I just went for the team that’s top of the league irl. Turns out they had some decent players to offload too which allowed me to buy pretty much a who’s who of Chinese football lol

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

Fair play @Woody lad that was a great score mate and throughly deserved the  3pts 👏🏻

Great win as well @smoggy90 and nice to see you get your first win as well @1759.

I think I have to play a certain @samhardy next week which could be epic with both our chances of making the playoffs really in the balance.

Cheers fella....i was soo brickin it to be honest with being against you.

Cant believe i won 😆

@Nucleus that score was insane....we need a chat 😂😂😂