Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2019 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

6 minutes ago, Woody said:

Cheers fella....i was soo brickin it to be honest with being against you.

Cant believe i won ๐Ÿ˜†

@Nucleusย that score was insane....we need a chat ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Had I lost two more and you won a couple of the ones you lost it would have been pretty level pegging! Not much in yours and mine considering the points scoring really :)ย 

8 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Had I lost two more and you won a couple of the ones you lost it would have been pretty level pegging! Not much in yours and mine considering the points scoring really :)ย 

You did brilliant mate. I can just picture Sam's face when he saw your score ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

1 hour ago, 1759 said:

Did anybody get a few lads in who were going to turn 22 during the season? Iย only got one and he was turning 22 in January but I never got that far. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Yeah I had 2 or 3. Kept their age on my squad details page and demoted them when they turned 22. Promoted them back at the end for screenshots.ย 

I know it would cost me big time, but I still prefer that over buying a new phoneย :laugh:. After starting with the wrong choice of tactic, trying to tweak it and about a 7 loss streak (with the best score being a 3-1 defeat) this was me:

Spoiler

tenor.gif.01e45a6c8717d10892aa876f06cf2c8b.gif

Congrats to the others for completing the challenge ;)ย some great score in there :)

Week 4 - Challenge

Wall Of Glass

Over the years goals from goalkeepers have been few and far between, with the likes of Paul Robinson, Mart Poom and a bizarre one from Asmir Begovic occurring in more recent times. In terms of drama though there's no competition as to the biggest goal ever scored by the most unlikely of scorers.

It was the final day of the 98/99 season and there was a straight fight between Carlisle and Scarborough as to who retained their status as a football league club. Carlisle were at home to Plymouth whilst Scarborough were playing Peterborough.

It looked for all the world that it was going to be the Cumbrians who were going down, as the final whistle went at Scarborough who hadย drawn 1-1 against Posh. It was the same scoreline at Carlisle and with only a minute to go the Scarborough fans were on the pitch at their ground already celebrating their survival. But in the dying seconds, with one of the last kicks of the match journeyman on loan goalkeeper Jimmy Glass popped up with the above goal which is one of the most famous in English Football history.

Just 8 years after this Scarborough folded as a club and the general consensus is the same would have happened to Carlisle if that goal had not happened.

The Challenge

Simple challenge this week, turn an on loan goalkeeper into a goalscoring hero.

You can choose to takeover at any of the clubs Jimmy Glass played a professional game for. The available teams are listed in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

Premier League

• Bournemouth

Championship

• Brentford

League One

• Portsmouth
  • ย Oxford United

League Two

• Swindon
  • Carlisle
  • Crawley

Conference South

• Dulwich Hamlet

Once you have taken over at the club, you must immediatelyย demote yourย highest value 3 playersย on the first day you take over at the club, never to be used again.

ย Then you will sign your Jimmy Glass.ย Sign a goalkeeper, but he must be on loan, as Glass was by Carlisle at the time. No other transfers are allowed.

You will play half of the league season of the club you choose to manage.

Points System

League Points + Goal Difference

5 points for every goal your loaned in goalkeeper scores

Clarifications

• You can take over at any of the clubs in the spoiler.
  • ย Demote 3 highest value players in the squad.
  • Sign a goalkeeper on loan. He can play anywhere on the pitch.
  • No other transfers are allowed.
  • You play half the games in the league of the club you've chosen to manage.
  • No cup games count towards points
  • No coaching badges.

Deadline - Monday, 4th March 11:59PM GMTย 

Rules and Screenshots Required

Spoiler
  • Enhanced๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟย match engine only
  • Own tactics only
  • No coaching badge๏ปฟs
  • No unlockables, IGE or outside software
  • SI approved databases on๏ปฟly
  • No holidaying or reloading๏ปฟ๏ปฟ
  • Evidence via screenshots will be required
  • Failure to meet the deadline will equal 0 points - no extensions
  • If you fall under any suspicion you will be๏ปฟย asked๏ปฟย to submit your save for inspection. Failure to do so will result in immediate ejection from the competition.
  • Tiebreaker is league points๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ
  • And the most important rule - have funย ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ:)

Screenshots Required

• 3 players demoted and squad value list
  • ย Attributes page of your loaned goalkeeper
  • League table
  • Manager profile
  • Full fixture list
  • Squad list in order of appearances
  • Transfers page

ย 

Hi Sam, the 3 high value players you have to demote - I presume it doesnโ€™t matter ifย they are players already on loan at your chosen club orย club owned players? Just the 3 highest value regardless.ย 

Looking forward to this even if I am up against nucleus ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

14 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Hi Sam, the 3 high value players you have to demote - I presume it doesnโ€™t matter ifย they are players already on loan at your chosen club orย club owned players? Just the 3 highest value regardless.ย 

Looking forward to this even if I am up against nucleus ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

Just the highest valued regardless, so the loan(s) will have to be terminated :)

24 minutes ago, Woody said:

@Nucleusย just wondering as its become quite the running theme of these challenges.

Do you come 1st in life as well as the Vibe challenges?ย ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Iโ€™ve only come first once! ๐Ÿ˜ก

But yes, yes I do ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜‚

10 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Iโ€™ve only come first once! ๐Ÿ˜ก

But yes, yes I do ๐Ÿ˜ข๐Ÿ˜‚

It happens to us all at some point. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Anyone picking Portsmouth just remember Jamal Lowe is a wanker and you wonโ€™t go far wrong.

๐Ÿ˜†

21 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Anyone picking Portsmouth just remember Jamal Lowe is a wanker and you wonโ€™t go far wrong.

Heโ€™s also a cracking player! ๐Ÿ˜›

20 minutes ago, samhardy said:

You all might want to sit down for this...

@Woodyย has submitted already :O

Heโ€™sย strayed away from the โ€œwoodyย methodโ€ this week ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Sorry to say it @Woodyย but Iโ€™m predicting a -1 for you this week because of that.