Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2019 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

15 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Sorry @Woody, a bit of a shock result this and I didn’t expect it as I thought most would’ve got about 10-15 goals from their keepers which proved not to be the case.

My goalie was in goal for a good portion of this with him on pens and free kicks but I’d put him up front whenever I felt I had the game won or from the start if I thought the opposition was weaker. I think 3 of his goals were raking free kicks from outside the box and he scored just the 1 pen and about 3 or 4 were blasted into orbit. He did get 1 goal from a corner with a near post header.

Well done everyone but especially @smoggy90 with that fantastic result! 😀

Good win mate and deserved. I didnt trust my self to win games by sticking him upfront which ultimately cost me.

Oh well we move onto the next game.

Some huge scores this week though especially from @smoggy90 

16 minutes ago, Woody said:

I didnt trust my self to win games by sticking him upfront which ultimately cost me.

Same here to an extent. My preference is a one striker formation so I didn’t want to risk making that striker my GK! I dabbled with GK’s upfront in the Augusta challenge last year and it was frustrating as f**k!

Great work Sam bringing the challenge to life 👍

But a pox on all your houses for no-one using the superbees 😠

I don't actually remember him ever playing for us :D but I remember the guy as my dad was a palace fan. Amazed he never made a pro appearance there. See, this stuff's educational too :)

11 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Amazed he never made a pro appearance there

The thing is he wasn’t ever very good despite his goal heroics. He only managed to play once for Oxford despite the fact that the squad he was in at the time was one of the worst if not the worst we have ever had and that’s saying something with some of the shite we have had through the years.

If I remember from his autobiography his career was also massively hampered by a gambling addiction.

Really enjoyed seeing the different approaches, there was some solid scores there! 

I'd have gone 433 with the GK the central striker.....3 players in box + runners = more set piece opportunities and you aren't relying on a GK for wins as much with partners. 

14 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Really enjoyed seeing the different approaches, there was some solid scores there! 

I'd have gone 433 with the GK the central striker.....3 players in box + runners = more set piece opportunities and you aren't relying on a GK for wins as much with partners. 

Similar to what I went with. I used two pushed up IF’s with goalie in middle as a DF but some games I pushed one of the IF’s inside next to goalie and changed him to a AF with goalie staying as DF. 

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

I remember from his autobiography his career was also massively hampered by a gambling addiction

Rumours that he’s lumped a grand on Sam to win the VPL

10 hours ago, samhardy said:

Next challenge will be up tomorrow at some point. Here are the fixtures

Fixtures wk5.png

Well might as well give @Nucleus his points now!

Just be gentle mate...im fragile in me old age.

Edited by Woody
5 minutes ago, Woody said:

Well might as well give @Nucleus his points now!

Just be gentle mate...im fragile in me old age.

If my last performance is anything to go by then you’ll be fine 😂

added 0 minutes later

All the best mate 😁

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

If my last performance is anything to go by then you’ll be fine 😂

added 0 minutes later

All the best mate 😁

And you bud. 😊

51 minutes ago, Woody said:

And you bud. 😊

So much reverse psychology going on here. It’s gotten to the mind games portion of the tournament.

Week 5 - Challenge

Dundee United's Amazing Record

So far each challenge has had a fascinating back story to it, and this one is no different. It's also a nice piece of football trivia that I'm sure will be new to a few of you.

dundee-803x600.jpg

Who are the only team in world football to have a 100% win record against the mighty Barcelona? As you may have already guessed from the title, it's none other than Dundee United who currently play their football in Scotland's second tier.

The sides have met in the Europa League twice over two legs. Firstly in the 1966/67 season, when the Terrors won 2-1 at Camp Nou and followed it up with a 2-0 success at Tannadice, and then most famously of all in the Q/F in 1986/87 when another 2-1 win in Barcelona was coupled with a 1-0 success at home.

The Challenge

To celebrate this record @Ashez and myself have come up with this challenge which will last a full season.

There's no choice of team this week, everyone will be taking charge of Barcelona but you won't be able to use any of the players already at the club.

You will then have to come up with a tactic that contains 6 players (including the goalkeeper) in the defensive half of the pitch, and 5 in the attacking half of the pitch. For this, the defensive half is from MC downwards, and attacking half from the AM line upwards. Two examples of tactics you could use would be a 4-1-2-3 or a 3-2-3-2.

Now the twist. The 5 players in the attacking half of the pitch will all have to be signed from Dundee United.

The 6 players in the defensive half can be anyone you want to sign but the first letters of their surnames must spell D-U-N-D-E-E. They don't have to be in any specific order but each one of the 6 have to represent one of the letters that spell Dundee.

In case of injuries you can sign backups. But they all have to be signed from Dundee United.

Note - It's Dundee United in the Scottish Championship, don't make the mistake of signing anyone from Dundee in the SPL! You can check with me on tactics before starting again but it's much more straightforward than the last one.

Points System

League Points + Goal Difference

5 points for each round of cup (domestic + European) passed

5 points for every game won by 4 or more goals (all competitions)

Clarifications

• Take charge of Barca
  • You can't use any of the players that start at Barca. They can be sold, demoted, released whatever just can't play.
  • The tactic must have 6 in the defensive half (MC/ML/MR line count as defensive) and 5 in the attacking half (AMC/L/R and upwards). Check with me if unsure.
  • 5 attackers must be signed from Dundee United and appear as so on the transfers page. 6 in the defensive half can be signed from anyone but each one must represent a letter that spells Dundee.
  • All backup players must be signed from Dundee United.
  • This is a full season challenge and every competitive game counts towards points.
  • Loans are allowed.
  • No coaching badges.

Deadline - Wednesday, 13th March 11:59PM GMT

Rules and Screenshots Required

Spoiler
  • Enhanced match engine only
  • Own tactics only
  • No coaching badges
  • No unlockables, IGE or outside software
  • SI approved databases only
  • No holidaying or reloading
  • Evidence via screenshots will be required
  • Failure to meet the deadline will equal 0 points - no extensions
  • If you fall under any suspicion you will be asked to submit your save for inspection. Failure to do so will result in immediate ejection from the competition.
  • Tiebreaker is league points
  • And the most important rule - have fun :)

Screenshots Required

• Tactic
  • Transfers page
  • Squad list in order of appearances
  • Manager profile
  • League table
  • Full fixture list

Another great challenge, I’m just hoping that I can manage to last the full season after my disastrous full season attempt the other week!😂

There’s no prize for this but can anyone tell me who the only English club to win against Barca at Camp Nou is?

Nice. Like @Foxy i am also getting a little hot under the coller. 😉

12 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Another great challenge, I’m just hoping that I can manage to last the full season after my disastrous full season attempt the other week!😂

There’s no prize for this but can anyone tell me who the only English club to win against Barca at Camp Nou is?

Would it be Liverpool by any chance?

16 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Liverpool when Bellamy and riise had their set-to and Bellamy celebrated with a golf swing 😂😂

Edited by smoggy90
Spelling
7 minutes ago, Woody said:

Would it be Liverpool by any chance?

5 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

That would be Liverpool 

6 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Liverpool when Bellamy and riise had their set-to and Bellamy celebrated with a golf swing 😂😂

Yes all correct but it was an easy one.😁 It’s great how Bellamy and Riise also scored the two goals.

I’m guessing @Nucleus will be up to about November by now!

Just now, 1759 said:

I’m guessing @Nucleus will be up to about November by now!

Nope. Haven’t even opened the game 😛 I’ve got a week off so I’m no rush to start this one. My usual days off are Thursday/Friday and a half day on Wednesday so that’s why I crack on with it usually. I’ll save this one for the weekend. It’s my birthday tomorrow and I’m going out on Friday so they’re out the question 😛