FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
samhardy

Fun/Games 2019 Vibe Premier League

4 minutes ago, Woody said:

Its total gobshite now....its actually worse than the OME was last year!

Have you started?

· Posted (edited)

Not yet no but ive tested the update and im not looking forward to now.

Starting tonight.

Edited by Woody

My results went in last night. 

Its always nice when you have a tactic already for a challenge and no guess work is needed but whether it will have done me much good this week I don’t know 🤷‍♂️ 

20 minutes ago, Foxy said:

My results went in last night. 

Its always nice when you have a tactic already for a challenge and no guess work is needed but whether it will have done me much good this week I don’t know 🤷‍♂️ 

Is that your gegenpress variant?

5 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Is that your gegenpress variant?

Thanks for asking as I love a shameless plug of my old content.

Its my Hand of Adonis tactic that I used in the Inter CB save although it needed a few tweaks.

2 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Thanks for asking as I love a shameless plug of my old content.

Its my Hand of Adonis tactic that I used in the Inter CB save although it needed a few tweaks.

Nothing wrong with a shameless plug 😛 I thought I remembered you sharing a top heavy tactic recently, must have been this 

Just now, Nucleus said:

Nothing wrong with a shameless plug 😛 I thought I remembered you sharing a top heavy tactic recently, must have been this 

Like the item it’s named after it is eye wateringly heavy at both ends 😬

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

Like the item it’s named after it is eye wateringly heavy at both ends 😬

I honestly thought it was something from Greek mythology. I’ve just googled it and now I can’t unsee

9777460E-D6BB-4976-B42B-C59CFBC4AA5B.gif.f4312183de7d09ece3b7be0a71428633.gif

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Finished my season. Didn't get a great deal of consistency going but still satisfied with how it went.

Probably done way better than me and @Nucleus.

I wont be suprised if i get sacked 😂

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

About 14 hours till the deadline @Titjes @Woody

Got a couple 'o' games left bud. Will have to you when i get in from work.

I wish i could say the best things come to those who wait but in my case thats not true 😆

Update

Unfortunately due to personal reasons @Titjes has had to pull out of the tournament.

I have tried to ensure that this affects the other 7 participants in as little way as possible. There was no way I was going to scrap all the results against Tits as that would punish the people who have got points against him due to no fault of their own.

The next option was to just award his remaining two opponents 3-0 forfeit victories but that didn’t seem fair either so instead @Mr Tree has kindly agreed to stand in and play the remaining fixtures Tits had remaining.

He won’t gain anything in regards to the table, but his opponents will receive any points they earn against him in the last two matches. He will be guaranteed a spot in next year’s VPL should he wish to be included.

I feel this is the best way to deal with it as it means everyone can just carry on as normal in the last two weeks without losing any points.

All the results from week 5 will be up this afternoon :)

10 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Welcome to the party @Mr Tree 🙂

I think I’m against you this week so I look forward to taking you on.

Oh dear - is this going to be much different from a 3-0 forfeit victory in the end 🙈

1 minute ago, Mr Tree said:

Oh dear - is this going to be much different from a 3-0 forfeit victory in the end 🙈

It’s actually @Nucleus you face this week, followed by @Foxy. Could have been easier 😂

Just now, samhardy said:

It’s actually @Nucleus you face this week, followed by @Foxy. Could have been easier 😂

Considering I had to redo the fixture graphics you would think I would have known that 🤦‍♂️

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

My above comment has been edited to rectify my kindness

Lucky I've got nothing better to do (looks confusedly at distressed 20-month-old wandering around the living room)

Thanks fellas, and echo the sentiments that hopefully these personal reasons are nothing too serious for you, @Titjes

In the meantime, as his substitute, please just think of me as Mr Tits :)

Just now, Mr Tree said:

In the meantime, as his substitute, please just think of me as Mr Tits

I already did but that might say more about me than you 🤔

Week 5 - Results

Another week down and unfortunately this week brings a casualty as Tits has left the competition. As previously mentioned though this doesn't affect any other participants so nothing has really changed as we delve into week 5's results. It was a fascinating challenge which contained update controversy so let's see how everyone got on.

smoggy90 v samhardy

Spoiler

I took on the arduous challenge of table-topping Smoggy this week with my play-off hopes hanging by a thread a little bit, but for my opponent you would have thought he just needs to stay solid in the remaining 3 weeks including this one and he will be taking part in the playoffs after a fantastic start to this competition.

My back 6 were Digne, Upamecano, Nainggolan, Danilo, Ederson and Elvedi and I had a good league campaign, finishing behind only the two Madrid clubs in 3rd although if it wasn't for a lack of consistency then I could have really challenged them. A 5-0 win at Bilbao followed by a 2-0 home loss to Alaves is the type of inconsistency I'm talking about but I still finished with 80 league points and a GD of 36. I made it to the Q/F of both the Champions League and Spanish Cup losing out to Juventus and Sevilla respectively and the aforementioned 5-0 was one of 4 wins by 4 goals or more. This gave me a score of 161 which I was very happy with.

Smoggy used 3 of the same players as me in his back 6 which consisted of Dier, Upamecano, Nainggolan, Draxler, Ederson and Emerson. And straight into the drama as like myself he finished in 3rd place, behind both Madrid clubs with just one more league point than me! It was tight in the GD stakes as well as Smoggy's was 32, which means from the league alone I had an advantage of just 4 points. But it swung again as the table topper went all the way and won the Copa Del Rey, not much in the CL but this time it was him who took the narrow advantage of 6 points. However there was only one big win from Smoggy compared to my 4 which means the total was 153 so I finished with the higher score, but it was just enough for him to sneak a draw! More on that later but this matchup finishes in an exhilarating draw.

To my delight my score of 161 wasn't beaten by anyone which meant I took the bonus point, I still remain outside the playoffs though however Smoggy remains top and moves one step closer to qualification, which he will secure with just one more win.

Result - smoggy90 3-3 samhardy

Foxy v DutchTony

Spoiler

The "Double G" was hoping for a win this week to boost his play-off credentials after a slow and inconsistent start, meanwhile Tony was looking for any sort of result to break his duck of wins or even draws so far. Was this the week he finally got something to show for his efforts so far?

Well, if he was to then he'd have to put in a monumental effort as Foxy had a very good run at things this week. His back 6 of choice was Dier - Upamecano - Neuer - Diakhaby - Escudero - Egbo and in what's now becoming a pattern he finished in 3rd place, behind the two Madrid clubs with 80 points and the best GD so far of 38. He crashed out of the CL in the group stage though which could have been seen as a blessing in disguise if he hadn't bombed out of the Europa League at the second hurdle as well although he did have a good run to the semis of the Copa Del Rey. As things stood this put Foxy on 138. Now remember Smoggy's total of 153 which just got him a point in the first match? Surely Foxy didn't get 3 big wins to tie the totals :O Well he did!! Both finished with 153 however as a result of Smoggy finishing with 1 more solitary league point which is the tie breaker he finishes above Foxy in the leaderboard and took the draw! Unbelievable! But could this cost The Gloucestershire Gladiator as well?

No. That's the short answer as Tony continued his absolute nightmare and in what is now becoming a common theme he was given the boot before Christmas. Unfortunately there's not much to say here as things never got going for DT, after 14 games he sat in 10th with a negative GD and a final total of 18 would have to be octupled if it was going to challenge Foxy in anyway. Good news though Tony won't be losing a point this week due to Tits pulling out.

Foxy romps up the table after this win and now looks in a good position heading into the run in.

Result - Foxy 2-0 DutchTony

1759 v Titjes

Spoiler

Obviously there was so submission from Tits this week due to him unfortunately pulling out but it would be rude not to touch on another strong performance from 1759 as he secured a 3rd consecutive win, the only player to manage that so far this tournament.

His back 6 was Dier - Upamecano - Navarro - Delaney - Emerson - Ederson and he managed to achieve the best league position out of anyone by ending the season in 2nd. Real Madrid underperformed a bit in his save though as 74 points was enough to take the runners up place, but a GD of 22 out 1759's total up to a respectable 96 at this point. Further points came from 2 big wins and 3 cup rounds passed, I could try and create some drama here but this was the only fixture without any this week so there would be no point.

121 the final score and a comfortable third successive victory for 1759 and that is some achievement after looking dead and buried after the opening 2 weeks.

Result - 1759 2-0 Titjes

Woody v Nucleus

Spoiler

This was the match this week that was affected by "updategate" with both managers downloading it, intentionally or not, and excuses flew around about it affecting their performance but who came out the other side and took the win, or no-one, this week?

Nuke submitted second for the first time this competition so you know straightaway that something was up, especially when you take into account that he was sacked 😂 Glorious stuff. He managed to hang onto his job for 27 league games somehow despite languishing in 9th with 40 league points and a titanic goal difference of 2, it was somewhat saved with 3 cup rounds passed and a big 5-0 win in the Spanish Cup but a final total of 62 is not good for Nuke's standards and surely Woody will jump all over this to take the win.

Now we know all the other scores it's 1759's total of 121 that Woody needs to beat to take the 3 points this week. He went for a back 6 of De Gea - Upamecano - Ndombele - De Bruyne - Emerson - Elvedi and did a lot better than Nuke although that wasn't hard. He finished the season in a nice 5th place with 67 points, which is more than his opponent's total on its own but a low GD of 19 could come back to haunt him. A couple of good runs in the cups as well earned him another 25 points, so Woody sits on 111 with the heavy wins remaining only. He'll need 3 of those to take the win but scenes in this match as well as he only managed one to reach 116 and Woody has Woodyed it! A golden opportunity to beat Nuke has passed him by here, not a bad attempt but a stomach wrenching way to drop 2 points.

In a slight miscarriage of justice this game ends in a draw, however Nuke will be over the moon with this point with Woody not so much. This could make all the difference at the end of the season.

Result - Woody 1-1 Nucleus

Here's the full scorelist for this week. No-one loses a point due to a pull out and I take the bonus point for highest score. One less point for Smoggy/one more for Foxy would have really shook up the top of the table!

Spoiler

samhardy - 161
smoggy90 - 153
Foxy - 153
1759 - 121
Woody - 116
Nucleus - 62
DutchTony - 18
Titjes - N/A

And here's a look at the latest table with just two weeks remaining. @smoggy90 stays top of the table and now looks a certainty to be taking part in the playoffs.  A win for @Foxy moves him up to 2nd, @Nucleus hangs onto 3rd whilst the @1759 marching band continues to play as he ghosts into the top 4. Myself and @Woody make up the chasing pack in an incredibly tight table, but @DutchTony has now mathematically secured last place out of the remaining participants.

League table Wk5.png

Thank fuck that’s over with 😅 That update absolutely killed my chances, but once I’d started I had to continue!

@Woody, considering you were on the same update as me you put in an excellent score mate 👏🏻