Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2019 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

I feel I’ve kind of had a bit of luck with tits pulling out as he was against me this week plus I took advantage when he pulled out of the China challenge. Couple that with the update saga of this week and it’s resulted in a rather close looking table.

Will be interesting and well done everyone, really enjoyable this so far!😀

22 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Thank fuck that’s over with 😅 That update absolutely killed my chances, but once I’d started I had to continue!

@Woody, considering you were on the same update as me you put in an excellent score mate 👏🏻

Cheers bud. To be honest to get a draw against you i cant be too upset 😆

54 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Hey @DutchTony at least you won’t finish bottom now that Tits has pulled out 😛😂

Funny thing is i typed out a very similar post earlier but I deleted before posting in case it came across insensitive as we don’t know why Titjes pulled out. Buuuuut seeing as you posted it... BOOOOOOM i’m not last 🤣 👏 

4 hours ago, samhardy said:

@DutchTony has now mathematically secured last place out of the remaining participants.

This is incorrect, I think? If you or Woody get the lowest score in the last two challenges and DT gets highest score in the last two then that would put him on 6 points and you/woody on 5 😛 

9 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

This is incorrect, I think? If you or Woody get the lowest score in the last two challenges and DT gets highest score in the last two then that would put him on 6 points and you/woody on 5 😛 

I'm always right even when I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, DutchTony said:

@samhardy I have a sneeky suspicion you may be quietly confident this week 😆

I feel as if I've played well in this tournament and somehow I still only have one win to show for it so if that's anything to go by you'll manage to shithouse a 1-1 draw with me this week and end my play-off hopes in the process 😂

13 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I feel as if I've played well in this tournament and somehow I still only have one win to show for it so if that's anything to go by you'll manage to shithouse a 1-1 draw with me this week and end my play-off hopes in the process 😂

I've been keeping my ear close to the ground, and the word on the street is the bookies will open the betting at 100/1 for me to get any points at all this week

You just relax and take it easy. You've got this one in the bag. No problem at all...

#88cupfinal 😏

Week 6 - Challenge

Slow Starters

We arrive at the penultimate week of this year's VPL and it's such a tight table that every result has something riding on it. We're sticking with the inspiration from real football theme however I have been waiting to unleash this one again all tournament long and this is the last opportunity to do so. This is an edited version of one of last year's toughest challenges "Slow Starters" so everyone will have a run for their money this week.

170px-Chievo-verona-logo.png

Last year this challenge was based around Benevento, who had just 0 points after 15 games of the Serie A season, but since they were obviously relegated it's Chievo you will be tasked to improve the fortunes of this year.

The Flying Donkeys had already suffered a nightmare start to the season but it got worse in mid-September when they were handed a points deduction for "accounting irregularities". As things stand today they are rooted to the bottom of the table, with just one solitary win to show for their efforts.

The Challenge

This is actually quite a straightforward one this week, but that doesn't make it easy. Quite the opposite actually. It's a half season challenge, lasting the first 19 games of the Serie A season so plenty of time for Tony to get sacked. You will be managing Chievo but make sure you load Italy only when booting up the save.

You will then create a tactic but there's hardly any restrictions to this. The only requirement is that it contains a goalkeeper, central defender, central midfielder and central striker.

The core of your team will then be built up of 3 of the large number of 15 year olds found on the database when loading Italy only. You can choose 1 of the 4 core positions (GK, DC, MC, ST) to not be affected but the other 3 core positions have to be filled with one of the 15 year olds you sign. For example you choose to use a striker already at the club, you can but then a 15 year old will need to play in goal, at centre back and in centre midfield. They must play every game and you can sign backups if you wish. The rest of the team can consist of any players that are already at the club.

Points System (First 19 League Games)

League Points +/- Goal Difference

Clarifications

• Take control of Chievo and load Italy only.
  • Create a tactic that contains all 4 of the "core positions".
  • Choose one of the "core positions" you don't want to be affected. Buy or play a 15 year old in the other 3 positions for the duration of the challenge.
  • You can use any 15 year olds that are already at the club.
  • No other transfers allowed apart from challenge related ones. You must use players who are already at the club to make up the rest of your team.
  • The players and backups you sign must be 15 at the time of buying but they can turn 16 after you sign them.
  • No starting with the 15 year olds and subbing them off after a minute - if there's any suspicion you'll be asked to submit your save for inspection.
  • Cup games don't count towards points.
  • No coaching badges.
  • Either database

Deadline - Wednesday, 20th March 11:59PM GMT

Rules And Screenshots Required

Spoiler
  • Enhanced match engine only
  • Own tactics only
  • No coaching badges
  • No unlockables, IGE or outside software
  • SI approved databases only
  • No holidaying or reloading
  • Evidence via screenshots will be required
  • Failure to meet the deadline will equal 0 points - no extensions
  • If you fall under any suspicion you will be asked to submit your save for inspection. Failure to do so will result in immediate ejection from the competition.
  • Tiebreaker is league points
  • And the most important rule - have fun :)

Screenshots Required

• Tactic
  • League table
  • Manager profile
  • Attributes of players you sign on the day of signing
  • Stats of players you sign after the challenge
  • Transfers page
  • Squad list in order of appearances
  • Full fixture list

4 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Nice challenge Sam! I only have one target and that’s to avoid the dreaded sack!😀

Just think of the time you will save yourself if you do get sacked as you will have a lot less games to play and you could do something productive with that extra time 😛

Hmm, how to add GIFs... Well, imagine Ron Burgundy saying "I immediately regret this decision" :D

But hey, low expectations, 1-3 and above will be a moral victory!

83A7C2A5-C3E1-4572-88F1-4432C2842729.gif.a8eceeb897e655073a1758a78cf91152.gif

I genuinely believe i wont get sacked this week 😛

That being said the fitness issue wont help matters - especially with the players only being 15...

1 minute ago, DutchTony said:

I genuinely believe i wont get sacked this week 😛

I can't see Chievo's expectations being anything more than avoid relegation so you could be on for staying in the job unless you literally lose every game :P

11 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Just met Willian and got a pic 🙂

Totally irrelevant i know but hey ho...

That’s worth ten bonus points surely?