Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2019 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

So what type of challenge do you guys want? Brutal or fun?

Personally I don’t think the winter update should decide the winner of this event so anything that isn’t effected too much by any conditioning issues tbh.

2 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Personally I don’t think the winter update should decide the winner of this event so anything that isn’t effected too much by any conditioning issues tbh.

Rock, paper, scissors it is then. 

Squad based √

Great write up Sam and thanks for all your hard work! Look forward to the play offs, really enjoyed these last few weeks and the different challenges. 

If Sam hadn’t have mentioned that I misread the rules i guarantee you someone else would have done the same as I did 😂

Yeah great write up Sam 👍 been lurking through most of this thread and it’s been brilliant. Congrats and good luck in the play offs lads 👍

44 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Wow.......Thank God I didn't enter as my guaranteed play-off place would have meant we'd have missed out on this drama!

@Nucleus The Challenge starts at the reading!!!!!!!! Golden rule!!!!

So what type of challenge do you guys want? Brutal or fun?

@smoggy90 @Foxy @1759 @samhardy

For this round I can be nice and give you a reward, or guarantee you work for that final glory! 😛

Welcome as our new host!

I vote for fun although all the challenges so far have been that including the brutal Chinese youngster one.😀

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

Week 7 - Results

Well here we go. We've finally arrived at the conclusion of the VPL league season. Foxy is the only person guaranteed qualification and we know that Tony is already out but all other 5 managers are still battling for play-off places, even if it would take something remarkable for Smoggy or Nuke to miss out.

I'm going for a completely different style in the results post this week because like I said last night this has been hands down the most stunning and exciting week of results I've ever seen and I don't think that would come across if I just did the regular match reports.

Here's how the table was looking going in to this week of fixtures:

Hide contents

League table Wk6.png

And here's the final round of fixtures:

Hide contents

Fixtures wk7.png

It's become a bizarre trend on vibe recently to leave a soundtrack at the start of a post to give the readers something to listen to so here's my attempt with the first song from the best debut album of the 21st century :)Disclaimer: This may or may not have a second meaning of winding up a particular fellow participant.

And I've rambled enough now so here are the results...

The first to submit this week was... of course Welshman @Nucleus. I make that 6 out of the 7 weeks that has occurred but let's get straight into it. He's against Ian this week, and all he had to do was avoid the lowest score of the week and he's home and hosed. According to Nuke, in this thread he "smashed it". I can confirm he did indeed smash it, shame he didn't read the rules though and played his defenders out of position! Not the time to be making schoolboy errors like this. He finished 2nd in the league with Sydney and got 16 clean sheets but his original score of 200 was almost cut completely in half as he finished with 110. A mistake but surely it won't matter with the position he's in in the league but potentially he's now going to get a much tougher semi final.

• Nucleus - 110

Next result in belonged to Nuke's opponent @1759. Ian knew he needed a bit of a miracle coming into this week and that even a win might not have been enough. All he could do was plough in a good score and hope for the best. Ian also went for Sydney but managed to read the challenge post and had a good run at things. He won the league and got a decent amount of clean sheets as well, racking up 99 bonus points and finishing with a total of 176! Now things could be getting interesting as that will surely be enough to get the win against Nuke but he needs his score to be the highest or his opponent's to the lowest too which looks unlikely at this stage.

• 1759 - 176
  • Nucleus - 110

@Mr Tree came in next and this was the only match against Foxy that had no play-off permutations but Foxy was still wanting top spot and in Tree's own words he "wanted to avoid 3-0". He went for Melbourne Victory and won the league easily picking up 70 points from combined league and goal difference. He also managed a healthy 52 bonus points which splits the first two managers to submit, that means Tree definitely won't have the worst score this week and I'll wager that we now have a concerned Welshman scrolling down this screen.

• 1759 - 176
  • Mr Tree - 122
  • Nucleus - 110

So it's now confirmed that Ian has beaten Nuke but as previously mentioned that won't be enough if I beat Woody and someone comes in lower/higher than Nuke's/his scores. A brief breakaway though to the top of the table now as @Foxy submitted next and a win would be enough to claim top spot due to his win over Smoggy earlier in the campaign. Like his opponent, Foxy also went for Melbourne Victory and earned 12 more points from the league than Tree. He also outscored the Irish Ilex on bonus points as well to take his score up to 160 which is decent enough and higher than Tree's, but does this let Smoggy back in at the top as if no-one splits Foxy and Tree then Smoggy will top the league with a win!

• 1759 - 176
  • Foxy - 160
  • Mr Tree - 122
  • Nucleus - 110

Into the key match of this week now which is myself v Woody. A win for me would see me qualify and now we know Ian beat Nuke, the only way for Woody to qualify would be to secure a bonus point win. I went for Sydney too trying to rack up a lot of clean sheets and take the game away from my opponent and after the first 5 games with 3 clean sheets I was thinking here we fucking go. Unfortunately it "fell off a cliff" to use an Ian phrase and I started conceding a lot of late goals and drawing too many matches. My final total finished just short of Ian!! 174 was my final total and this concerned me a lot as I knew that Woody has the capability of beating that and at this point I feared for my place in the playoffs.

• 1759 - 176
  • samhardy - 174
  • Foxy - 160
  • Mr Tree - 122
  • Nucleus - 110

If I was concerned at this point it was nothing compared to what Nuke would have been feeling as this was the first time where of the week where I even considered the possibility he could go out. But in yet another twist @smoggy90 came to the rescue of Nuke, continuing his fantastic season with a smashing total of 202. 94 points from league and GD and a huge 13 clean sheets sent him top of the pile and now he's arguably the favourite to win the league as nobody has split Foxy and Tree yet. Huge sigh of relief for Nucleus though as he now just needs one of Woody or Tony to finish below him and he's though. All Ian's hard work could be coming undone and the potential miracle could be off here. It was already pretty much certain but this score secured Smoggy's place in the playoffs.

• smoggy90 - 202
  • 1759 - 176
  • samhardy  - 174
  • Foxy - 160
  • Mr Tree - 122
  • Nucleus - 110

Now onto @DutchTony who has had nothing short of a nightmare VPL but I think everyone apart from Smoggy and Nuke are hoping he puts in a good showing here. He went for Sydney here and... Tony was another one who absolutely smashed it!! An outstanding performance from him to finish off the season, winning the league with 17 clean sheets!! That put him on 223 and would have put him top of the pile. But he also didn't read the rules and a gut-wrenching turn of events he lost over 100 points 😱. What did he finish on?

The disastrous mistake took off 104 points... That means he finishes on 119!! Nuke is now in major fucking trouble, Ian is now very much in with a chance of pulling off one of the biggest miracles I've ever seen in vibe competitions and Smoggy is starting to think of topping the table! And this was meant to be such a straightforward week for the favourites :O

• smoggy90 - 202
  • 1759 - 176
  • samhardy - 174
  • Foxy - 160
  • Mr Tree - 122
  • DutchTony - 119
  • Nucleus - 110

So, as I mentioned last night everything went down the final result. 7 weeks of competition, 28 H2H's, 56 submissions sorry 54, and everything and I mean the title and the playoffs came down to what @Woody scored. He certainly kept me waiting, just an hour and half were left on the clock when he submitted. Here's a reminder of the permutations:

IF Woody scores less than 110 - Myself and Nucleus are through. Smoggy wins the league phase.

IF Woody scores between 110-122 - Myself and Ian are through. Smoggy wins the league phase.

IF Woody scores between 122-160 - Myself and Ian are through. Foxy wins the league phase.

IF Woody scores between 160-201 - Myself and Ian are through. Smoggy wins the league phase.

IF Woody scores over 202 - Woody and Ian are through. Smoggy wins the league phase.

He went for Western Sydney Wanderers so it's not just all about clean sheets for Woody. 52 league points and an 18 GD makes 70, putting Nuke on the brink and unfortunately for Woody it doesn't look like it'll be enough for him.

And it wasn't. He added 64 bonus points giving him 134, meaning in another twist Foxy steals the top spot from Smoggy at the last hurdle! I also qualify with a win over Woody. And...

It can finally be confirmed that in one of the biggest shocks in vibe history, one of the favourites for this title Nuke is OUT! Absolutely incredible stuff here as an Ian shaped knife is plunged into the back of the Welshman, and after being on -1 point after 2 weeks Ian has pulled off an absolute miracle and we will be seeing him in the playoffs of this competition!

After looking dead and buried last week that marching band of Ian's have risen from the dead and started playing again.

Full list of scores and results

Reveal hidden contents

smoggy90 - 202
1759 - 176
samhardy - 174
Foxy - 160
Woody - 134
Mr Tree - 122
DutchTony - 119
Nucleus - 110

Nucleus 0-3 1759

samhardy 2-1 Woody

DutchTony 0-3 smoggy90

Foxy 2-1 Mr Tree

And this is how the final table looks. Absolutely incredible as Nucleus effectively knocks himself out by losing a point, Foxy wins the league and Ian makes the playoffs alongside me. Woody finishes 6th.

League table Wk7.png

Final Thoughts

I would like to thank everybody who has taken part in this year's competition, it's been the closest vibe event I can remember and the fact that it went down to the last result further supports that. It has been a joy to run the event as been made as easy as possible by all the participants.

Due to the fact I have qualified for the playoffs @Ashez has kindly agreed to take over for the semis and the final so I can concentrate on playing it.

The semis will be posted by the Shrewsbury Spearman on Monday coming up. Here's how the second phase looks:

Playoffs Semi.png

wow 

I've really enjoyed this. Thanks for having me guys (literally having me on toast every week 😆)

Thanks @samhardy I cant imagine the amount of work you put in every week.

Good luck to the remaining semi finalists. I'll be watching with interest 😊

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

If Sam hadn’t have mentioned that I misread the rules i guarantee you someone else would have done the same as I did 😂

Doesn't look like you're any better at reading results posts. Someone else did do the same thing 😂

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the write up but it was the results that made it possible as I think all 8 of us could have played the challenge 100 times and that set of results would only happen once!

Looking forward to the playoffs now. As difficult as possible please @Ashez as I'm best when grinding out those results ;)

6 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I'm glad everyone enjoyed the write up but it was the results that made it possible as I think all 8 of us could have played the challenge 100 times and that set of results would only happen once!

You’re damn right! I never make the same mistake twice 😂

As I mentioned a few times I’ve been keeping a record of the overall scores throughout as that would be used in case of a draw in the H2H tiebreak.

Might as well share the *albeit fairly meaningless* numbers here. This is all points accumulated over the 7 weeks.

Just now, samhardy said:

As I mentioned a few times I’ve been keeping a record of the overall scores throughout as that would be used in case of a draw in the H2H tiebreak.

Might as well share the *albeit fairly meaningless* numbers here. This is all points accumulated over the 7 weeks.

Well after last years VPL ive not improved on my performances 😁

Yeah this really shows how I’ve shithoused my way through tbh. 

I’ve had good weeks and bad weeks but I’ve found that the challenges where I could pick whatever system I wanted I’ve generally done well in (hopefully @Ashez is not viewing this😀).

Sorry again to @Nucleus who is by far the better player and is truly unlucky not to be in the play offs. 

2 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Yeah this really shows how I’ve shithoused my way through tbh. 

I’ve had good weeks and bad weeks but I’ve found that the challenges where I could pick whatever system I wanted I’ve generally done well in (hopefully @Ashez is not viewing this😀).

Sorry again to @Nucleus who is by far the better player and is truly unlucky not to be in the play offs. 

No apologies needed mate. You ended up in the playoffs and fully deserve to be there :) 

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

😂😂😂😂

We'll Sam's not about so I dunno when to post it.....I'll aim for around 5. 

He’s still trying to work out how the Stockton Pirlo didn’t score his penalty.

10 minutes ago, 1759 said:

I think we should give Sam a bit of leeway today after yesterday’s horrible result at Wembley.

Love the pun, cracking way to kick him while he's down

The Vibe Premier League Semi Finals

Playoffs Semi.png

Hello and welcome to the semi finals of another successful Vibe Premier League! In today's post @Foxy, @1759, @smoggy90 and @samhardy will find out what stands in their way in their quest to become Champion. 

Personally I think you've done well to get this far as such I like to treat the semi final as a treat by going for a fun over difficult challenge, however if you happen to reach the final expect a shock to the system. 

One of my favourite aspects of the Vibe Premier League is how it's tied to games played and not seasons, I find this really helps to get those creative juices flowing. So with thanks to @Nucleus let's reveal what you lads will be playing 

The City Football Group

City_Football_Group_logo.png

The City Football Group is a growing force within the footballing landscape as not only are they pushing Manchester City to titles within England they're also hoovering up clubs around the world. 

In this challenge you'll be playing 10 league games at four of these clubs being Manchester City, New York City FC, Melbourne City FC and Girona for a total of 40 league games. Your league points and goal difference from each stage will be +/- to confirm your score. 

However there is a twist and that's in each of these stages you must sign and use one member of your spine from a nationality representing the Arab Nation Cup, this player will be your only transfer in each stage. 

xJIJgc0.jpg

In one stage it must be a GK, in an other it must be a CB, the next a CM (no DMC/AMC line) and finally a striker. 

Example 

Manchester City - GK - Algeria
New York City - CB - Egypt
Melbourne City FC - CM - Morocco
Girona - Striker - Yemen

However the combination is entirely up to you guys, the freedom is yours but you can only use a nationality once. 

Bonus Points 

Your GK & CBs will be looking for Clean Sheets
Your midfielder will be after assists
Your striker will be hunting goals

You'll get 1 point for each which will be added to your club points. 

Any questions?

Deadline - Monday, 8th April 11.59pm GMT

Please send your results in a PM addressed to @Nucleus and myself, feel free to send them after each stage if you so wish. 

Rules

Spoiler

Enhanced match engine only
Own tactics only
No coaching badges
No unlockables, IGE or outside software
SI approved databases only
No holidaying or reloading
Evidence via screenshots will be required
Failure to meet the deadline will equal 0 points - no extensions
If you fall under any suspicion you will be asked to submit your save for inspection. Failure to do so will result in immediate ejection from the competition.
Tiebreaker is league points
And the most important rule - have fun 

Screenshots Required

Spoiler

League table x 4
Manager profile x 4
Tactic Squad list in order of appearances x 4
Transfers page x 4
Full fixture list x 4
Stats of your four bonus players 
Screenshots showing any games your bonus player didn't play in.

13 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Lovely challenge this, so simple but so many different ways to approach it.

I’ll mull it over now whilst I tackle the ironing.

That's what I was after so I'm glad it came across :D. 

The multi save approach of the VPL is my favourite part of it so I knew I wanted to use that, but by doing that you get the danger of creating loads of work transfer wise too so that needed to be simple. 

I was also concerned about the recent update so I didn't want to do anything that would be a nightmare to play lol. 

Plus I love when people play these saves differently so I wanted to give you guys freedom and not be too restrictive

Should be an interesting round considering the many approaches you could take 😁 

You should have seen the original plan 😂