Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2019 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

5 hours ago, Foxy said:

I hear that due to the issues with FMM post update the final will be played on Prodarts 2018 so you haven’t got a chance!

I'm better at that too!

6 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Is that right is it 🤔

08234B05-BA98-4259-99A1-0480B18463FA.thumb.jpeg.1fc7346a7bf003bcac70746900b1c9e5.jpeg

We've been through this multiple times.

In the deciding set

A) I got 30 second adverts after every leg instead of the usual 5 second ones which interrupted my flow completely and no option to skip them.

B) The game lagged at a crucial moment making me score 45 with three beautifully thrown arrows.

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

We've been through this multiple times.

In the deciding set

A) I got 30 second adverts after every leg instead of the usual 5 second ones which interrupted my flow completely and no option to skip them.

B) The game lagged at a crucial moment making me score 45 with three beautifully thrown arrows.

F2A76697-1D9F-4616-9D9A-8D6A7910B1A8.gif.ca9a66cdbd79a42bb9dc222284288bee.gif

Finalist Interviews

Tomorrow is the 2019 VPL Final reveal so it makes sense that we spend tonight interviewing our contestants! Unfortunately this side attraction wasn't in my original contract so I apologise for the rushed appearance, in fact in my plans today was the big reveal but we decided to give our finalists one final day off from the stress a VPL final can bring.

@samhardy

1. What type of challenge are you hoping to see in the final? 

As tough as possible please sir as the "who gets sacked the latest" are the type of challenges I thrive in. Foxy will be gone by Christmas and I'll be shithousing my 1-0 wins and laughing all the way to the bank through to April.

2. Who's your pick for the VPL's most promising new comer?

@smoggy90 definitely, I think he was the player of the tournament full stop and was one result away from winning the league phase, BUT I loved the way Ian aka @1759 went about his business after a "Tony-esque" start. Never gave up and 4 wins from 5 to make the playoffs. Fantastic.

3. How do you think SI staff would perform in these events?

Well we all know they don't test the game so playing it might be a bit of a stretch. Can I say @Jack Joyce? Does he still count? The only SI member to ever "get" vibe. If you're reading this JJ then you're welcome back at any point!!

4. Why are you so scared to update? Does a potentially tainted VPL win keep you up at night?

Excuse me? I was hoping to see praise here about being the only one intelligent enough to turn auto updates off... but no. Jealous comments. A title will be a title and that is what it'll be!

5. Who'd win in a bar fight, Sexy Sue or Colin Sale?

Best question of the lot and one that has taken some real thought. Colin would come in with a dangerous uppercut early doors but rumour has it Sue has some "weapons" that would deflect the blow with ease. This would stun Colin into silence and to finish off Sue would clock a pool cue round his head. Sue by knockout.

@Foxy

1. Are there any type of challenges you'd hope not to see in tomorrow's final reveal?

Yes I would rather it wasn’t played in the Portuguese 2nd division and involve a lot of Chinese youngsters!

2. Which member had the most disappointing VPL tournament in your opinion?

Thats a tough question 🤔.... if only someone had managed to knock themselves out by not reading the rules......

3. If your opponent @samhardy was a flower, what flower would he be?

He would be a part composted Rose as although he has had his glory days he is all dried up now.

4. What's this of a Darts edition of the VPL coming soon?

I don’t think it will take off as for some reason @samhardy doesn’t like when I keep smashing those sweet 9 darters.

5. If you had to take 4 footballers into the Darkest Dungeon who would you pick?

I would have Akinfenwa at the front for his brute strength, then next I would go for the all round abilities of Dean Whitehead, I would want someone with the ability to hit the target from distance and some flair next so Joey Beuchamp is third, at the back I would need someone who can heal the lads in front so I would go for former Barnet striker Jon Nurse.

Now over to ThePreviousPatch Bookmakers sponsored by  @samhardy for all those betting odds! Remember when the updating stops being fun STOP

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

I’m still waiting for you to do them ;)

You didn’t tell me to post them as well! You only asked for the odds 😂 I’ll do it tonight then no matter if it’s post challenge reveal or not I suppose

9 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

You didn’t tell me to post them as well! You only asked for the odds 😂 I’ll do it tonight then no matter if it’s post challenge reveal or not I suppose

Challenge is ready to go, dunno when it'll be posted though. Before LFC is my prediction

48 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Challenge is ready to go, dunno when it'll be posted though. Before LFC is my prediction

Sweet, bookmaker odds will soon follow :) 

The Vibe Premier League Final

9B524617-2A79-4D6D-9628-1B9444E76207.png

Wrestlemania may have been this past weekend but the real showcase of the immortals will be taking place right here on Vibe! After a brutal qualification process we find ourselves with @samhardy and @Foxy battling it out for the trophy and the bragging rights only winning a Vibe event can grant you. Across this very tournament and others in a similar vein like the Challenge Cup we've seen members establish themselves as heroes in the eyes of many, and I can guarantee you the winner of this round will deserve such praise. I took my foot off the difficulty peddle in the semi final which saw these two experienced heads breeze into the final but it's now time to put the peddle firmly to the metal! 

The Challenge Reveal

I knew the difficulty needed to match the calibre of player in the final so I reached into the darkest corners of the dungeon....I mean Vibe and took inspiration from two of the hardest challenges I've personally played. This is a final after all and I wanted this challenge to test our finalists decision making, creativity, squad management, financial management and above all else their desire to win! 

Remember "The No Transfer Window Unlockable" must be active. 

Part 1 - Picking The Club 

The first element of this challenge is basically up to our competitors as they can pick any European top division club they like, as long as they aren't involved in Champions League or Europa League football (including qualifiers) or have a full reserve team. In other words the choice is yours as long as you pick a side who is only fighting on the domestic front with space in the reserves. 

Part 2 - The Transfer Window 

The summer transfer window is once again completely in the hands of our finalists as they have free reign to do as they please, the only condition however is no loan signings are allowed within the squad, so anyone already on loan at your selected club must be sent back to his parent club while you can't make any loan signings. Otherwise you can buy, sell, trade and do as you like but your squad must be ready by the start of August, after this date no normal transfers are allowed and you'll be making no normal signings in January. Finally this is a first team squad only challenge so no filling of the reserves. 

Part 3 - Once Every Month Ends 

Once the month ends you'll need to sort your playing staff by their Average Rating, upon doing this you'll have two tasks to undertake. 

1. Your highest rated player must be demoted and sold asap. You will be getting no replacement for this player. 
2. You lowest rated player to actually feature and have a rating will be demoted and sold. However with this player you will be able to buy a direct replacement with the catch that he can only cost 10% of the price you sell him for. So if your worst performer sells for £10m you can sign his replacement for £1m (no loan signings or trades). That's not all however as you have one week to handle this situation so by the 7th you'll need the replacement tied down, if you're unable to achieve this in the time frame a free agent can be signed with direct replacements being the priority (if the demoted player is later sold void his fee). The player in question can be offered to clubs before the 1st of each month but only after the last match of the previous month. 

If the average rating is a tie it's up to the competitor to decide which player leaves. For part two if the player in question is injured and unable to pass a medical in the required time frame I'll allow the next lowest rated player to take his place. 

This challenge will see 2 players leave every month for 10 months with 1 player coming in, this means 20 players will be leaving with 10 coming in so your squad building and management skills will need to be on point. 

That reveals my Selling Them Fastly and Averaging Out Challenge! Thank you @Nucleusfor helping out and testing the concept

The Points System 

The points system will be a basic head to head as we'll have no bonus points this round with the focus being on league points and a singular point for each cup round passed. That's correct, goal difference will not be a contributing factor this round. 

Any questions?

Deadline - 16th April 11.59 PM

Rules

Spoiler

Enhanced match engine only
Own tactics only
No coaching badges
No unlockables, IGE or outside software - Apart from no transfer windows
SI approved databases only
No holidaying or reloading
Evidence via screenshots will be required
Failure to meet the deadline will equal 0 points - no extensions
If you fall under any suspicion you will be asked to submit your save for inspection. Failure to do so will result in immediate ejection from the competition.
No abusing the host!!!! @samhardy!!!
And the most important rule - have fun 

Screenshots

Spoiler

League table
Manager profile
Tactic Squad list in order of appearances

Squad August 1st and end of season

Transfers page
Full fixture list

Best of luck! 

Edited by Ashez

Great challenge for the final this.👏

I said last week that I might do the challenge anyway for fun even though I’m out but having seen it and thought about it......

Nah I’ll give it a miss!😂

but good luck finalists.👍

Here we go then! The Vibe Premier League Final. The Showcase of the Immortals, The Grandest Stage of them All, and any other copyrighted nickname you can think of.

68C58CA9-E840-47DD-B317-BADE8E1A778D.png.ed4c3c7c2420dc2d9a1dcee2d4155957.png

@Foxy vs @samhardy, arguably the second and third best managers on this site take each other on in what will surely prove to be another Vibe classic.

League phase champion and current Challenge Cup Champion @Foxy aims to cement his place as the top manager of 2019 and is without a shadow of a doubt the favourite to take the crown this week to add another impressive accolade onto his already impressive CV.

He will have to take on Vibe’s resident hooligan and Mr.Shithousery himself, @samhardy. An up and down campaign from the black cat sees him start as the underdog, but don’t ever dismiss his chances. Last year’s VPL runner up and the former Challenge Cup Champion has the know how and general shithousery to get over the line in these kind of events.

Finally, let’s have a look at the odds

:) 
8 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Some stingy fucking odds there.

Come to FoxBet lads and we will offer you much better odds than those 😛

But do you have Acca Insurance though? Or inplay bet boosters? 

No? Thought as much. Crooks

2 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

But do you have Acca Insurance though? Or inplay bet boosters? 

No? Thought as much. Crooks

No but we do have a “we break thumbs” guarantee on all winning bets. 

5 hours ago, Foxy said:

All nice and complicated.

Looks a fun challenge that will take as long to plan as play.

I'm glad you like it 😛

5 hours ago, Woody said:

Oh dear. Good luck finalists, this will be a fun conclusion. 

I'm intrigued in the approaches most of all!

4 hours ago, 1759 said:

Great challenge for the final this.👏

I said last week that I might do the challenge anyway for fun even though I’m out but having seen it and thought about it......

Nah I’ll give it a miss!😂

but good luck finalists.👍

If this is a little rich for your blood I'd highly recommend the standard versions of Selling Them Slowly and Averaging Out as both are excellent. 

4 hours ago, Rob said:

Great challenge. Annoying as hell, but great 👍

It'll be tense that's for sure!

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

Foxy is the favourite to beat me at FMM. Christ that's a new low 😂

I'm more than happy with that challenge.

Good