Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2019 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

23 minutes ago, 1759 said:

I enjoyed the challenge so much that I’ve continued mine on until the end of the season! 😁

Opposite for me.

One of my Albanians is out for a month and if i had £1 for every very late goal i conceded I would go down the pub and order myself a double JD.

I might even do that anyway 😏

Just now, DutchTony said:

Opposite for me.

One of my Albanians is out for a month and if i had £1 for every very late goal i conceded I would go down the pub and order myself a double JD.

I might even do that anyway 😏

I didn’t do very well but I was in a position after the 19 games that I felt I wanted to continue just to see what would happen. I’ll tell you what happened after the results come out. 😀

1 hour ago, 1759 said:

I enjoyed the challenge so much that I’ve continued mine on until the end of the season! 😁

This is 100% why I love the VPL, CC and similar events as they force you to play things you typically wouldn't. It really opens your eyes to the endless possibilities this game has and you never know when you'll just click with a save. 

As the time investment in saves increases in FMM I find myself drawn to one season or even half season saves, I've just lost most my interest in anything long term as it's such a slog but careers/events like these are so fresh.

I will be finished sometime today. Not gone as well as i had hoped so far but a strong finish may change that.

This is a fantastic challenge though.

Im all done mate. Im finishing work soon so will get the stuff sent over to ya.

Fell asleep last night otherwise you would of had it by now. 😴

1 minute ago, Woody said:

Submitted guys...

Been a long day at work and before anyone says....i did shit!! 😂

At work?!?! I hope you at least cleaned it up 😛

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

At work?!?! I hope you at least cleaned it up 😛

Ha ha ha....funny! 😉

Nah shit hit the fan at work so had to work late. My performance in the challange wasnt great but i did enjoy it.

Week 1 - Results

The time has finally come to reveal how everyone got on in the opening week of this event. It was an opener that saw the managers head to Southampton with a major Albanian twist to it. Without further ado let's see who has got out of the gates quickly and who has some early thinking to do.

Woody v DutchTony

Spoiler

No-one knew what to expect with this intriguing encounter with debutant DutchTony taking on Woody who was eliminated early after a disastrous campaign last year.

DT submitted first which goes without saying as he was playing Woody but unfortunately the word disastrous rears its ugly head again as that's exactly how to describe his first performance in this competition. 30 points in the league and 11 goals/assists a piece don't sound too bad but it was evident there was a mis-read of the points system going on as whopping 34 goals conceded sent 102 points down the wayside. No-one would recover from that points loss which meant Tony finished with a mammoth -17.

So a position that sees Woody secure at least a draw before even picking up his device but he would be bitterly disappointed to not take the three points from this encounter. It wasn't a very good performance however with only 6 assists where the big points come from in this challenge, just 12 goals as well with 37 league points. The big difference though was a solid 15 goals conceded, if conceded goals weren't a thing then it would've been 85-79 to DT but Woody's good defensive record saw him end with a total of 34. Not the best score but it's more than enough to take the win and that is more important than the performance especially in this competition!

Result - Woody 1-0 DutchTony

smoggy90 v 1759

Spoiler

An exciting match this one as we've seen great careers from both of these recently but this is a 19 game marathon and it'll all be about who settles quicker in this competition.

Both were relatively quick to submit but Smoggy was first and it was a good performance to kick off his campaign. 15 assists is what stands out the most along with 11 goals and just 17 conceded, you get the feeling that anything less than a goal per game is good going in this one. 34 league points isn't too bad either but that particular statistic isn't the most important in this challenge. 50 points overall is extremely fair and the choice of playing a centre back up front as a target man (not the only one to do so) was entertaining.

1759 got off to a dream start in his challenge, it was looking extremely promising after 12 games and this was turning into a titanic tussle however a loss to Fulham saw him implode and fall off a cliff. 19 goals conceded, 10 of which were in the last 6 games however 13 assists and 10 goals pulls back those minus points. However the loss of form meant he needed a huge number of league points to trouble Smoggy but unfortunately that didn't arrive, 27 points taking the final total to 29. Smoggy takes a relatively comfortable win.

Result - smoggy90 2-0 1759

samhardy v Titjes

Spoiler

Here we have managerial genius and last year's runner up in myself taking on Titjes who recovered from a very poor start last campaign to eventually survive elimination and make a real fist of it.

As I stated in the thread a couple of times I was carrying some "rust" and got off to a shambolic start, losing two of my Albanians to injury and imploding to a 4-0 defeat at Leicester in just game 3. I recovered somewhat finishing with a nice 14 in both goals and assists and the defence became tighter but I only secured 33 points in the league and conceded 19 times overall. Final score of 47 and I also employed the centre back TM which evidently didn't bear fruitful.

So a good opportunity for Tits to take something from this opener and the points in the league were tight with the Belgian holding a 2 point advantage at this stage. He conceded a couple less as well with 17 and when the whopping 16 assists came in it was looking very good indeed for him. This meant it only would take 4 goals to surpass my score and secure at least a draw... However he managed 12 which is 24 points to sail past my total and a score of 56 ended up being enough for a *surprising* opening week win for Titjes.

Result - samhardy 1-2 Titjes

Foxy v Nucleus

Spoiler

The match of the round is what this one was being billed as and it didn't disappoint. It could be argued that Foxy is the favourite for this title as the CC champion and last year's semi finalist however Nuke will provide excellent competition for the crown if this was anything to go by.

The Welshman submitted first which I might as well just copy and paste into every results post. His defensive record was excellent with only 11 goals conceded, already on the way to a good score. 39 league points and that coupled with the defence meant he just needed to be solid with the goal and assist count and 14/13 is the definition of that. 73 total and the best score we've seen so far.

Straight into Foxy's results now and it's a fairly poor start with 19 goals conceded! That essentially means to surpass Nuke's score he needs 131 points from other means. The highest number of league points with with 42 and 13 assists pull it back excellently though and the score at this point stood at just 24. This means Foxy needs 16 goals from his Albanians to get a draw against Nuke who surely now will take the bonus point for being the week's highest scorer.

But no!! An incredible 26 goals from the Gloucestershire Gladiator's Albanians mean not only does he get the draw but he ghosts past the total of his opponent as well with 76 to take the bonus point! What an incredible matchup and on another day Nuke could be sitting on 2 points instead of 1.

Result - Foxy 3-3 Nucleus

Here is the scorelist in full:

Spoiler

Foxy - 76
Nucleus - 73
Titjes - 56
smoggy90 - 50
samhardy - 47
Woody - 34
1759 - 29
DutchTony - -17

And here's how the table stands after the first week! If level on points it will go on H2H record, followed by total points accumulated throughout the competition.

Bonus point goes to @Foxy and unfortunately a point deducted from @DutchTony@Titjes leads the way with @smoggy90, @Woody and the Fox completing the top 4, @Nucleus is just outside on 1 point and myself and @1759 are pointless after the first week of fixtures.

League table Wk1.png