Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fun/Games 2019 Vibe Premier League

samhardy

5 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Here is the food by popular demand.Β 

05F48C1F-961A-4A1C-84F0-D53C1E33F1D1.thumb.jpeg.f8ff1d2d67eab526266cd37fab8bd72d.jpeg

All a bit plain really but nice all the same. πŸ˜€

The meat to veg ratio is way off. Start again, and this time do it properly πŸ˜›

Spoiler

Looks good mate πŸ˜‰

Β 

46 minutes ago, 1759 said:

05F48C1F-961A-4A1C-84F0-D53C1E33F1D1.thumb.jpeg.f8ff1d2d67eab526266cd37fab8bd72d.jpeg

Ooooo nice! Got some good CLEAN protein in there, some greens, a good amount of carbs.

Yeah I'm feeling that...

Now get down the gym and putΒ those carbs to work!! πŸ’ͺ πŸ‘Š

Just now, DutchTony said:

Ooooo nice! Got some good CLEAN protein in there, some greens, a good amount of carbs.

Yeah I'm feeling that...

Now get down the gym and putΒ those carbs to work!! πŸ’ͺ πŸ‘Š

Nah, I’m sat watching the darts. πŸ˜‚

1 hour ago, 1759 said:

Oh god that's food poisoning within minutes for me. Fucking hate those green bastards on the side as well.

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

Oh god that's food poisoning within minutes for me. Fucking hate those green bastards on the side as well.

All it’s lacking is some Yorkshire puddings but I couldn’t be bothered making them and had no ready made ones in the freezer. πŸ˜€

10 hours ago, samhardy said:

Unfortunately not for @Woody as he's been sent back to the start for an illegal tactic.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

6 hours ago, Rob said:

Oh dear, Woody has Woodyed it!

Β 

4 hours ago, Nucleus said:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I had a right wingback in the DM strata....it was just a slight misunderstanding.

38 minutes ago, Woody said:

Β 

I had a right wingback in the DM strata....it was just a slight misunderstanding.

I was going to do that. Then I thought it might be a wise idea to see if the formation was allowed. So you know what I did? I messaged Sam before commencing πŸ˜›

54 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I was going to do that. Then I thought it might be a wise idea to see if the formation was allowed. So you know what I did? I messaged Sam before commencing πŸ˜›

Β 

46 minutes ago, samhardy said:

In fact I can confirm that the only person who didn’t check with me before starting was... Well it was @WoodyΒ :P

Yes yes alright....i assumed wrong as usual πŸ˜•

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

Are you always late for work too @Titjes? This really isn’t good enough and I think you should be summoned to a Vibe disciplinary meeting with @samhardyΒ himself! πŸ˜›

I actually have the screenshots ready for a few days,Β just didnt have te time to send them yetΒ :laugh: Doing it now ;)

Edited by Titjes

Week 2 - Results

Firstly thanks to everyone for the quick submissions this week meaning here I am with the results a day early! It's only week 2 and the table is very much still taking shape which makes it even more crucial to get some points on the board early. One thing to get off my chest: I teased everyone with the idea of not going with Bayern and I was genuinely shocked at how many people fell for it as considering they have the best Austrian player and massive transfer funds they were surely the best choice... Or did someone else know better? :O

Titjes v Woody

Spoiler

Both these two got off to the best possible start last week with 3 points in the bag but will there be a 100% record maintained or will there be a draw fought out? I don't think there's anyone expecting anything other than a tight affair here.

Woody decided it would be a good idea to ignore the advice of checking his tactic was ok first and ploughed through his season finishing with an *albeit irrelvant* total of 68 only to be sent right back to the starting line. He was the first to go against Bayern, electing for Schalke as his team. After 17 games Woody was top of the Bundesliga though, justifying his choice as he had 42 points coupled with a 20 GD which totalledΒ 62.Β A solid enough score but that relatively low GD may come back to haunt him. 31 goals conceded was the main downfall.

Tits went with Bayern (sensible not boring :P) which enabled him to essentially build an Austrian dream team. He was unbeaten after 17 games, drawing 3 of those which gave him 45 points and a narrow 3 point lead over his opponent at this stage. I mentioned Woody's GD though and whether it would be a big factor and unfortunately for him it was the biggest factor here. Tits scored 3 less than Woody over the 17 games but let in 13 fewer. So, 45 points and a 30 GD equals a total ofΒ 75Β and despite the close nature of the scores, taking the other results into account it was enough for Titjes to take all 3 points here and maintain his perfect start to this VPL. Disappointment for Woody but an encouraging performance nonetheless.

Result - Titjes 2-1 Woody

1759 v samhardy

Spoiler

Both myself and 1759 took damaging losses on the opening weekend and this was the next chance for us to get off the mark this season.

I went for Bayern as my choice of team, as I expected the whole of the league to, and was able to build a very capable team especially in the two centre halves and 3 strikers. It was a dream start with a 6-0 win over Hoffenheim on the opening day and I continued along nicely until hitting a bit of a rough patch halfway through. Surprisingly I was happy with my defence throughout this challenge, managing to only concede 12 goals throughout the 17 games with my 2 DMC's no doubt contributing to that. I drew 2 and lost 2 of the 17 games, finishing with 41 points in the league and with 52 goals scored in the league that made my points total add up toΒ 81.

Over to 1759 now and he elected for RB Leipzig as his choice of team. Unfortunately he was responsible for this week's "nightmare" performance. The tactic was similar to mine on paper but he had a very small squad, maybe down to the lack of financial muscle in comparison but things never really seemed to get going as he slumped to a 10th place birth in the league. Goal scoring wasn't an issue with a nice 37 but unfortunately the ball just couldn't stay out of the net, conceding 36. 21 points and a GD of just 1 totalledΒ 22Β and sadly that was the lowest total of the week.

I had targeted 90 points before starting and was disappointed to fall short of that, I was second finished this week and expected other managers to surpass my total but was pleasantly surprised to find out that infact my 81 was enough to take the bonus point this week.

Result - 1759 0-3 samhardy

Nucleus v DutchTony

Spoiler

On paper this was a mismatch, if the first week was anything to go by that is. You get the feeling that there's a lot more up Tony's sleeve though and there's no doubt that this would still be a tough test for Nuke who was involved in the match of the first week.

Nuke was first to submit again and went for Schalke as his team. After a rejected tactic before starting he adjusted quickly and led his team comfortably to 1st place in the league with a lovely 47 points, only dropping points in two games in the league, both being draws. This was 12 clear of second place but it was the goals scored that stood out here, a monumental 68 goals in 17 games! Unfortunately he couldn't defend as usual letting in a huge 38 which was all that stood between him and a gargantuan total this week. This performance proves that maybe Bayern weren't the only shrewd choice! Final total wasΒ 77.

Onto Tony now and despite the "banter" that was going on between these two trying to get each other to go with Nurnburg it was Bayern who he eventually settled on. 55 goals scored by Tony which is an excellent return, don't think we'll be seeing any negative scores this week although like his opponent he let in a huge amount of goals in 36. This means that at this stage it was Nuke who held a 30 points to 19 advantage. Tony unfortunately struggled a bit in the league results wise, second place is nothing to be sniffed at but 3 draws and 3 defeats were too much to trouble his opponent this week. Not a bad performance at all with a total of 55Β but the goal difference was too low and there were too many slip ups in the league.

Result - Nucleus 3-1 DutchTony

smoggy90 v Foxy

Spoiler

All eyes were on this fixture for week two as last week's top performer Foxy took on Smoggy who was looking to build on his opening week win.

The Gloucestershire Gladiator or the Double G as he will now be known didn't quite live up to expectations this week but it was still a very decent display. Bayern was his team of choice and 44 points were accumulated in 17 games with only the one defeat. Foxy was another one with a tight defence (for this challenge anyway) only letting in 20, which opened the door for another big score if he could bag a lot of goals but unfortunately that only totalled up to 44 as well. 24 GD to add to the league points totalled his score up toΒ 68Β which was a drop from last week. Could his opponent take advantage of it?

Smoggy went for by far the most exotic choice of team this week in Augsburg, due to a fair amount of Austrians already up front including Gregoritsch up front. The only issue here was the lack of pulling power or transfer budget allowing high calibre players to come in. Like last week, Smoggy was taking a risk here however unlike last week it didn't bear fruits. Not that he did badly with Augsburg, far from it in fact, 52 goals scored is impressive but 39 goals conceded ate into that a lot and too much inconsistency league wise saw him drop far too many points, the final total was justΒ 42Β meaning it was Foxy who took maximum points here to continue his outstanding start to 2019 and marched up to 2nd in the table.

Result - smoggy90 0-2 Foxy

Here's the scorelist in full:

Spoiler

samhardy - 81
Nucleus - 77ο»Ώ
Titjes - 75
Foxy - 68
Woody - 62
DutchTony - 55
smoggy90 - 42ο»Ώ
1759 - 22

And now time to look at the table! Remember if level on points it goes on H2H, and if they haven't played or it's a 3-way tie then I'm keeping track of total scores for everyone combined throughout the competition.

Bonus point to myself this week and unfortunately @1759Β joins @DutchTonyΒ on negative points. Plenty of time to go though with still 5 weeks left. @TitjesΒ still leads the way with the only perfect record left in the event, followed by @Foxy, @NucleusΒ and myself who make up the top 4. @WoodyΒ and @smoggy90Β drop after fasting defeat for the first time.

League table wk2.png

I'm doing great and a bit lucky it seems, even though I got lower scores then others :)Β I like this format of playing for the league :)Β 

Now let's hope I don't crash and burnΒ :laugh:

Β 

That bonus point evades me once again!! 😑

Stunning score that Sam, well done.

Unlucky @DutchTony, cracking score considering your absolutely calamitous f**k up in week one πŸ˜›

@TitjesΒ going for gold! πŸ˜‚

The novice in me took note of the Bayern comment πŸ˜‚Β enjoyed it with Augsburg and thought I could post a decent score but man those two defenders killed me. Fair play to the ones with a decent defensive record πŸ‘

I knew my low GD was going to hurt me in this one so I’m pleased I got the win this week.

Top score @samhardyΒ and looking good at the top of the table there @Titjes. I hope you don’t look behind you and see the likes of @Nucleus, Sam and myself breathing down your neck and start to feel the pressure πŸ˜‰

@DutchTonyΒ nice comeback from last week fella πŸ‘πŸ»Β and @1759Β the only way is up so keep your pecker up just like @Woody does.

9 minutes ago, Foxy said:

I knew my low GD was going to hurt me in this one so I’m pleased I got the win this week.

Top score @samhardyΒ and looking good at the top of the table there @Titjes. I hope you don’t look behind you and see the likes of @Nucleus, Sam and myself breathing down your neck and start to feel the pressure πŸ˜‰

@DutchTonyΒ nice comeback from last week fella πŸ‘πŸ»Β and @1759Β the only way is up so keep your pecker up just like @Woody does.

He's right ya know πŸ˜‰