Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nucleus

Nucleus Presents: FMM19: Free Transfers XI

720BD88C-0AFC-43F4-AAEA-7DB4EA1D7191.jpeg.e9375da255d552780433ea6ddb9cdc2a.jpeg

FMM19: Free Transfers XI

Forget your Neymar’s, forget your Pogba’s and forget your Mbappe’s. We all occasionally love splashing the cash on the games very best superstars, or promising wonderkids, but the real thrill of this beautiful game we call FMM comes from unearthing that reject, or rough diamond that we believe can produce the goods at a fraction of the price. That’s why in this list, I’ve conjured up a squad of rejects that can all be bought for absolutely nothing. 

All of the players in the below list are available on a free transfer at the start of a new save. The leagues I loaded were England, France, Germany & Spain which gave me a whopping 22,000 player database. Of that 22,000 database, 1,272 players were free agents and thus my search began.

I started by applying a few filters for attributes favourable in certain positions, so for my goalkeeper search I filtered a minimum of 13 in Kicking, Handling, Aerial & Reflexes. For my Central Defender search I filtered a minimum of 13 in Positioning, Tackling & Aerial, and so on with the other positions with some key attributes.

Now then, let’s have a look at the team and why I picked them.

GK - Bastian Lerch (Germany)

FBE7C01D-41B9-4367-83A9-85CF1F9E39BB.thumb.jpeg.ec623d0b9d050bb7139b4b82698a4cb8.jpeg

In goal we have German stopper Bastian Lerch, at 22 years of age this man has years ahead of him as a top goalkeeper. Some of you may look at his page and be put off by the abundance of orange and red stats, but look past those and you can see he has 15 in Handling, Kicking, Reflexes & Decisions along with a 13 in Aerial ability. At 22 years old this lad will no doubt improve with some game time and training and is a decent keeper at Championship/League One level in my opinion.

RB: Denis Diekmeier (Germany) 

4653136E-7892-4FE2-AA04-BECEA76C5E8F.thumb.jpeg.f4a6892a7fdea9e860f8b5e178953c85.jpeg

Now this lad looks good. Well rounded stats across the board along with green numbers in Pace, Stamina & Crossing means this guy is a very solid Wing Back. I’d go as far as to say this guy could do a decent job at Premiership level. At 28 years old there might still be room for improvement too. A real bargain.

LB: Khaled Mesfin (Germany)

23421467-0E81-4C94-9837-B09E1C7BEF08.thumb.jpeg.d5a626cbdd32b98dd3b30960b32e4c3f.jpeg

Now this lad doesn’t look as good as his RB counterpart, but he’s still got more than average attributes in key areas including Stamina (16), Pace (13), Crossing (12) & Dribbling (12). Being 26 this lad is approaching his peak years so you should see some slight improvement after game time and training.

CB: Remi Streete (England)

943DF665-D8F0-45F4-982B-CB2B105BC82B.thumb.jpeg.028804359bf954550a5c5f7fe481eb71.jpeg

This man was around last year as a free agent too, that’s why i was surprised to see him still without a club. He was a lower league tank last year. I had him in one of my lower league saves and Man Utd approached to buy him! He’s got Pace (13), he can Tackle (14) and he can head the ball well (15) along with more than decent mental attributes. This makes him a quality defender and one you should be looking to pick up straight away.

CB: Phillip Wollscheid (Germany)

2BAF740B-E867-48B5-AC2D-61C5541A177E.thumb.jpeg.85bde5d1a3c8a326311edc21804e8389.jpeg

Heading back to the German theme I had going on now as we delve into the talents of Phillip Wollscheid. At 29 years old this man is at or near his peak so don’t expect too much growth, but with his attributes you won’t need much. Aerial (18), Tackling (14), Decisions (14), Positioning (16) & Strength (15) make this man a mean Central Defender. He can be a leader at the back too with his more than decent 13 in Leadership. Rock at the back.

CM: Didier Ndong (Gabon)

73F1C454-CD5E-44AE-9C44-67C79203E452.thumb.jpeg.c676cb966977fb730b7a83d7f0ca33b9.jpeg

The former Sunderland midfielder looks a real steal with his abundance of well rounded attributes. His only let down is his shooting (9) but everything else is well above the 10 mark which makes this man very versatile as he could play a number of midfield roles. Personally I’d make use of his Aggression (15) & Strength (14) by playing him as a BWM.

CM: Jan Kirchhoff (Germany)

2FA0D79C-E0FF-4789-8D8E-2826E002A120.thumb.jpeg.244265cc9d92cc8d0eee5ea057d67069.jpeg

Lining up with him in midfield is another former Sunderland man. Jam Kirchhoff made this list last year, and his history of being injury prone may make this a bad deal, personally I’d take a chance on him and stick him on a low intensity training. He can play anywhere between CB/DM/CM so he’s versatile, and his attributes speak for themselves.

RM: Jerome Kiesewetter (American)

3964CC82-B551-4967-B817-5C9DD4EB9488.thumb.jpeg.56c45b147e51ead435cefd619a09c80c.jpeg

American winger Kiesewetter’s Pace(15) and Aggression (15) alone should make him stand out, think of him as a very fast tank. You don’t want him running at you on the flanks especially as his arsenal comes equipped with Crossing (12) and Dribbling (12) & Movement (12). You can sign this lad from anywhere in the Vanarama North/South up to the Championship and expect a half decent job from him. Plenty of room to grow too in my opinions as he’s only 25.

LM: Sercan Sarerer (Turkey)

61C2FC6A-3B51-44CE-B77A-1CB4AB1B4C5E.thumb.png.99ca419ddcce2ac94699c7938fd512ce.png

This former Stuttgart and Fortuna Düsseldorf winger finds himself without a club this season. You should really be looking to pick him up as his fantastic attributes make him a deadly player to have on the flank. Crossing (15), Dribbling (15), Shooting (13), Movement (13) & Pace (15) make this man deadly in any given role. He can play on both wings but I’d personally have him on the left as an Inside Forward to utilise his selfishness!

AM: Samir Nasri (France)

FF6092C7-7A36-4B53-8564-A56D060807DE.thumb.jpeg.b0ab9d88e15f2d21df180982df61f1b9.jpeg

There was only going to be one man to fill this position, and you need to snap him up quick as by the time the winter update rolls out he’ll be at West Ham who have signed him in real life. Passing (16), Technique (17), Creativity (15) & Movement (16) make him stand out from the crowd as probably this squads best player. The majority of you would probably opt to play him as an Advanced Playmaker, but I believe he’s more well suited to an Attacking Midfield role due to his low teamwork not really allowing him to shine as a pure creator. Whichever role you give him, there’s no doubting that Samir Nasri is a bargain.

ST: Lacina Traoré (Ivory Coast)

3C1A89B4-DEFA-4537-AEEA-9978F1B6EAFF.thumb.jpeg.75a1e60ad278d310a4a93c7bc3379bc9.jpeg

The Target Man is overpowered this year, so why not grab a fantastic one for absolutely free. Traoré has Aerial ability (16), Shooting (15), Movement (13) & Strength (16). The ideal Target man, plus he’s not too shy on Pace (12) which makes him a deadly striker in this years game.

The Team:

F6DE1A62-9D91-4EFB-9BB8-5B8160247B84.jpeg.ea7ab175967962ed396adf2dc2d9b236.jpeg

That completes the list. I hope you’ve enjoyed the guide whilst also finding it helpful. If there’s any interest I may pluck this team into the Premiership to see how they get on as a little experiment into their qualities. 

Credit must go to @Foxy for the header image.

Thanks for reading, and please remember to leave a comment :) 

9 hours ago, Gerechtigaids said:

Dennis Diekmeier could do a good job under the management of Roy Keane definitely.

Come again? 

6 hours ago, DutchTony said:

Jan Kirchhoff is a no brainier for me. I bought him a few years ago and he performed very well. On a free - all day long!

Fantastic attributes. What was his injury record like? If you remember 😂

46 minutes ago, Guppy McFicklestein said:

PL experiment would be great. Another good pickup is Corie Andrews who has terrible looking overall ratings but improves rapidly. Had him in VNL through Championship and he's a beast

I’ve started a save :) I’ll post a separate career thread and link it back in the OP on here. 

I remember using Corie Andrews last year, his pace stands out if I remember correctly?

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

I’ve started a save :) I’ll post a separate career thread and link it back in the OP on here. 

I remember using Corie Andrews last year, his pace stands out if I remember correctly?

I want to say it starts at 17

Looking forward to seeing the team in action. Remi Streete brings back memories of my first lower league save from last year with the mighty Blyth Spartans. Him in defence, Rodgers in midfield and Andrews up top with Billy O’Brien in goal. What a spine all the way up to the Championship and even prem as squad players! 😀

4 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Fantastic attributes. What was his injury record like? If you remember 😂

Yes funnily enough i do remember his injury record from a few years ago.

He got injured 3 times.

First he was out for 7 days with diarrhoea. Then he was out for a month because his head fell off. Then he retired due to contracting the ebola virus.

Was a good player when fit though 😀

Yeah I got Kirchhoff in my Dynamo Dresden save. Good for the first season, then ditched him, but certainly a useful centre-mid.

I noticed that the guy (sorry I forget who) that recently posted a Montrose save also picked up Gary Irvine at the start, as did I for Albion Rovers. Probably a bit low for you but a dynamite veteran full-back at that level :D

I think for half a season under Big Sam Kirchoff was the best, certainly the most "complete" central midfielder I've ever seen at the SoL. Shame his injury record is so bad as he'd be a top player with a bit more luck on that front.

Nice article!

3 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I think for half a season under Big Sam Kirchoff was the best, certainly the most "complete" central midfielder I've ever seen at the SoL. Shame his injury record is so bad as he'd be a top player with a bit more luck on that front.

Nice article!

Was he solely used as a CM there? Or did you see him play in defence too at some point? I’m just curious as to where he got his green position in defence from

Cheers :) 

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

Was he solely used as a CM there? Or did you see him play in defence too at some point? I’m just curious as to where he got his green position in defence from

No, he was the more defensive of the midfield 3 which contained Cattermole and M'Vila. Just had everything you would want in a defensive midfielder for half a season. He played centre half for Bayern I think.

14 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

10 minutes ago, samhardy said:

No, he was the more defensive of the midfield 3 which contained Cattermole and M'Vila. Just had everything you would want in a defensive midfielder for half a season. He played centre half for Bayern I think.

I’m sure the last I had heard of him he had signed for a team in India.

2 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Not sure about that but the last I heard he signed for Bolton after a trial so I just kind of assumed he was still there. Too lazy to research but if he’s a free agent on FMM then he could be anywhere!

3 minutes ago, Foxy said:

1 minute ago, samhardy said:

Not sure about that but the last I heard he signed for Bolton after a trial so I just kind of assumed he was still there. Too lazy to research but if he’s a free agent on FMM then he could be anywhere!

He’s in the German second division according to his wiki. So I’m guessing after the update he won’t be a free agent.

20 hours ago, Guppy McFicklestein said:

PL experiment would be great. Another good pickup is Corie Andrews who has terrible looking overall ratings but improves rapidly. Had him in VNL through Championship and he's a beast

I have fond memories of Corie Andrews. He was the core of my final career of last year.

3 hours ago, AndersJ said:

Lacina surely is a very solid striker! Both in Germany, France and in the average Premier League side.

He sure is! Thanks for reading the article :)  

11 minutes ago, Helmstuber said:

Would be fun to see a career using all these players :D

Someone up to the challenge?

I’ve done a one season save :) it’ll be posted in the week at some point, I’ll link it in the OP 

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

I’ve done a one season save :) it’ll be posted in the week at some point, I’ll link it in the OP 

Nice, I´m looking forward to see your progress :)