Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges The Amateur Challenge

BatiGoal

The Amateur Challenge

This challenge was first created and played by @Ashez in 2012 at a time that the game only counted a single amateur team (Queen's Park). Now seven versions later in FMM19 the number of amateur teams has increased to 9. So we thought an update was in order to give the community another reason to play this game. The objective of the challenge is simple to understand yet not so simple to execute. You're starting out as an unknown manager and need to build your amateur club's reputation as you go as well your own. Pick one of the available nine amateur teams, that'll be in either Scotland, Wales or Portugal - see below, and climb up the ranks all the way up to the nation's top division to become the very best - win the league. 

AC2019b.thumb.PNG.a6e950b307cd9e0bc5ad6fd9a955afd9.PNG

Rules:

• Starting Reputation: Unknown
  • Coaching Badges: None
  • Unlockables: None
  • Reloading: No
  • Have fun 😎 
Edited by BatiGoal

Nice. I’m guessing it would be harder to complete with Cardiff Met and Maçao due to the half star reputation. Decent options for a long term career either way :) 

I might very simply have a go at this as I have fond memories of doing the lower leagues on last years game. 😀

Am I right in thinking that you can just pick one of the teams and don’t have to start unemployed and wait for one to become available?

@BatiGoal apologies, I assumed that you have to raise the team reputation to complete the challenge! So in fact, Cardiff met University is probably the easiest save of the lot. My bad for skimming through stuff lol

2 hours ago, 1759 said:

Am I right in thinking that you can just pick one of the teams and don’t have to start unemployed and wait for one to become available?

You're right, just pick one of them. 

2 hours ago, Nucleus said:

@BatiGoal apologies, I assumed that you have to raise the team reputation to complete the challenge! So in fact, Cardiff met University is probably the easiest save of the lot. My bad for skimming through stuff lol

Doing a Sam on me 🤪🤣 That was the initial idea actually, but in the end chose not to overcomplicate things. Best to keep things simple here and just crown any amateur team champions of its nation.