Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Winter Update

18 minutes ago, Foxy said:

@Woody are you playing it on your Kindle Fire? 

Speaking with @Ashez and it seems the Kindle version is behind on hotfixes compared to iOS and Android.

Maybe the SI lads could shed some light on this @Marc Vaughan @Sebastian Szlenkier @Angelos Antoniades

Yes mate i am but i have play store running on mine.

Edited by Woody

Ofc challenges can still be done but the years of previous challenges are now null and void. Wipe the records and start again shall we. Yeah why not eh.... it’s only something people have spent weeks, months and even years working for passionately over FMM’s history. All of this just to change something that really wasn’t a priority imho.

Also, since when has FMM been about realism? Since when would a player craving realism over playability choose FMM over FMT? Still pickles my brain this one.

If FMM is the only option for you as you can’t afford game/device to play game then I’m really sorry but welcome to a capitalist society with a class system. There’s plenty I cant afford to do but you don’t see me trying to change the affordable options into the ones I can’t afford whilst sticking two fingers up to the people who buy the least affordable option because it’s the one they find the most fun.

imagine FMM19 with FMM18’s player conditioning and player development. Imagine how much fun that would have been. Even with the argument that FMM18’s player development was too OTT then imagine that again but with player development just slightly scaled down. Then imagine that instead of this conditioning BS SI actually put some work into the crappy match engine. We’re starting to get towards a proper 5 star game then. Instead, go load and play the total bollocks that’s FMM19. Cry whilst you fondly remember the fun saves of the past then turn the game off before you smash your devise up into bits.

Edited by LenTheWelsh
Typos. I make so many when I’ve having a rant 😂
9 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Also, since when has FMM been about realism? Since when would a player craving realism over playability choose FMM over FMT? Still pickles my brain this one.

Since always.

image.thumb.png.b15067ba12f9f879c4064f15efdc46bb.png

1 minute ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Since always.

image.thumb.png.b15067ba12f9f879c4064f15efdc46bb.png

If you consider FMM/H since it’s first launch in any way realistic then you and me have very differing views. These publishers can put whatever bullshit synopsis they want about the game tbh but given the way they’ve developed it over the last few years I don’t have a massive amount of faith in anything they do anymore tbh.

Theres so much wrong with this game that isn’t even vaguely realistic and you’ve not mentioned them yet you keep using this ‘realistic’ stick to beat us with in these conditioning threads. This isn’t more realistic now it’s just forcing us to have to think about it. How is it realistic for a player to get fatigue in Oct/nov or your GK to need a rest in December. Realism my hairy testicles. 

1 minute ago, LenTheWelsh said:

If you consider FMM/H since it’s first launch in any way realistic then you and me have very differing views. These publishers can put whatever bullshit synopsis they want about the game tbh but given the way they’ve developed it over the last few years I don’t have a massive amount of faith in anything they do anymore tbh.

Nailed it. Just because it says realistic doesn’t mean it ever has been. 

10 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Taken from the 2013 Handheld game.

image.png.48a971f551edb4cf4149f739675945a3.png

You will deal with real-life situations. There it is in black and white. Player conditioning is a real-life situation.

10 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Theres so much wrong with this game that isn’t even vaguely realistic and you’ve not mentioned them yet.

I'm mentioning player conditioning because it was mentioned earlier on in this thread and its an issue that I have an opinion on. But I'm also aware there are other issues with the game.

Edited by Lillywhite Dean
3 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

You will deal with real-life situations. There it is in black and white. Player conditioning is a real-life situation.

I'm mentioning player conditioning because it was mentioned earlier on in this thread and its an issue that I have an opinion on. But I'm also aware there are other issues with the game.

We aren't trying to get rid of conditioning. Your taking this too far the issue is that its OTT!

I didn't realise there was another update out within the last week. I have now updated again to 10.2.2. I started a new game as you never really know if updates affect current saves, and the fitness issue has been further improved. It's obviously not perfect like pre winter update, but it's another step in the right direction. None of my players are stuck at 95% or 93%  like before, and i don't have to rotate my entire team like before. I played as Liverpool and I'm on Android for the record.

26 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Like I said previously, they can shove that BS synopsis up their behinds. Anyone who thinks this game is in any way realistic is, in my totally honest opinion, seriously fucking stupid. Not very polite I know but fuck it ✌️

Edited by LenTheWelsh
5 minutes ago, Woody said:

We aren't trying to get rid of conditioning. Your taking this too far the issue is that its OTT!

I'm not taking this too far. LenTheWelsh (and a few others) are arguing that FMM isn't supposed to be realistic but I disagree. And rather than me go on a lengthy rant about why I disagree, I'm using examples of official SI information to support my side of the realism argument.

From the original FMH

Sports Interactive have modified their genre defining football management game to purposely suit the PSP. Football Manager 2006 retains all of the hallmark realism and excellence, but is specifically designed to be a more immediate pick up and play experience.

For anyone who loves football, Football ManagerT2006 offers a dream come true. Using a new state of the art game interface and management infrastructure, Football Manager 2006 accurately simulates the trials and tribulations of a real football manager. Experience the pressure as you rise through the ranks, reach the heady heights of the Premiership and try your luck in Europe.

Key 

Lost their way here 

Realism and excellence in the same sentence relating to SI? Which is the lie?

Cracking joke that 

44 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Ofc challenges can still be done but the years of previous challenges are now null and void. Wipe the records and start again shall we. Yeah why not eh.... it’s only something people have spent weeks, months and even years working for passionately over FMM’s history. 

What does this mean? Genuinely don't know, wasn't here last year. Is the idea that people are judging challenge attempts in FMM19 against previous versions? I ask because that's how it reads but I've not seen anyone doing that. 

7 minutes ago, samhardy said:

@LenTheWelsh don’t use that word please. A lot of people will find it very offensive and that’s the definition of taking things too far.

I’ve removed it from the post.

Yeah my bad sorry guys ✌️

@samhardy maybe this thread has been ranted out.

We arnt all going to see the same thing. Its clear there is an issue whether you see it or not and we are either going to have to put up with it for the time being and see if another fix comes along or trot off into the sunset and wait for FMM20.

4 minutes ago, Woody said:

@samhardy maybe this thread has been ranted out.

We arnt all going to see the same thing. Its clear there is an issue whether you see it or not and we are either going to have to put up with it for the time being and see if another fix comes along or trot off into the sunset and wait for FMM20.

I don’t mind the discussion, in fact I quite enjoy reading it as I’m sure many others do. It’s just as I said the other night it’s going round and round in circles and I feel as if I’ve read today’s debate 3 or 4 times already.

I’m not going to close the thread but if it goes too far again OR continues to be extremely repetitive and pointless then I will.

36 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Like I said previously, they can shove that BS synopsis up their behinds. Anyone who thinks this game is in any way realistic is, in my totally honest opinion, seriously fucking stupid. Not very polite I know but fuck it ✌️

I am with @Lillywhite Dean on this.

Of course the game was far from realistic when it started as it's still very far from that; even the first championship manager wasn't realistic and every year the goal was to try and improve it so it could get as realistic as possible and even if it would never be 100% realistic, however, I think it should be the same with the mobile game.

50 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

I didn't realise there was another update out within the last week. I have now updated again to 10.2.2. I started a new game as you never really know if updates affect current saves, and the fitness issue has been further improved. It's obviously not perfect like pre winter update, but it's another step in the right direction. None of my players are stuck at 95% or 93%  like before, and i don't have to rotate my entire team like before. I played as Liverpool and I'm on Android for the record.

That being said - I haven't used anyone under 20 yet...

7 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

That being said - I haven't used anyone under 20 yet...

Yeah I’ve played half a season on it and I think peak aged players recover pretty well but I’m finding that youngsters just don’t. Of course it could be argued that younger players maybe shouldn’t but to put all of them in the same bracket is lazy as plenty of young players manage to play loads of games fine. Not got anyone older than 31 so can’t comment on older players yet.

2 hours ago, Foxy said:

@Woody are you playing it on your Kindle Fire? 

Speaking with @Ashez and it seems the Kindle version is behind on hotfixes compared to iOS and Android.

Maybe the SI lads could shed some light on this @Marc Vaughan @Sebastian Szlenkier @Angelos Antoniades

Hey guys, the update is still waiting in the queue on the Amazon store but it should be up soon. Apologies for the delay compared to iOS and Android

Hello, why are you all ranting and raving about the fact that it is either NOT realistic or it IS realistic, who cares, do you get satisfaction playing FMM19 18 17 16 etc etc, if so then just play the goddam game

If not, go play the Playstation or Xbox and kill someone on COD or the new kids craze Fortnite, otherwise shut up and keep this site to friendly FOOTBALL banter, where as that gone, we are loosing the reason why this site exists, well my opinion anyway, but I'm older than an old thing, I watched Oldham playing in the 70's when they was good, so what do I know

I think all the glitches, changes and updates, eventually get ironed out and prove to set different challenges, which is what this game needs. because come on, it's the easiest thing to play after 3 or 4 seasons, you can get any team, any country to the top and dominate for the next 20+ seasons, anybody

yes I could easily not read this, but actually stop wasting time writing your babble and play the game with the enjoyment it deserves and give the credit to those who provide us with the opportunity to play it, wow

1 hour ago, Cockers2505 said:

Hello, why are you all ranting and raving about the fact that it is either NOT realistic or it IS realistic, who cares, do you get satisfaction playing FMM19 18 17 16 etc etc, if so then just play the goddam game

If not, go play the Playstation or Xbox and kill someone on COD or the new kids craze Fortnite, otherwise shut up and keep this site to friendly FOOTBALL banter, where as that gone, we are loosing the reason why this site exists, well my opinion anyway, but I'm older than an old thing, I watched Oldham playing in the 70's when they was good, so what do I know

I think all the glitches, changes and updates, eventually get ironed out and prove to set different challenges, which is what this game needs. because come on, it's the easiest thing to play after 3 or 4 seasons, you can get any team, any country to the top and dominate for the next 20+ seasons, anybody

yes I could easily not read this, but actually stop wasting time writing your babble and play the game with the enjoyment it deserves and give the credit to those who provide us with the opportunity to play it, wow

You are totally right. Pointless trying to fight for something I love. I remember how the pc version of FM went for me in that I kept buying it for 3 seasons after I stopped playing it in the hope they’d make it playable again for me. I can see FMM now taking that same path and I’m not going to do the same and keep buying it. I’ve already got 2018 re downloaded and I’m gonna buy the editor and download all the up to date teams for it and just stick to that. At least there’s some fun to be had then 👍 

11 minutes ago, sharaziuk said:

Hi, can someone direct me to FMMVibe? I seem to have taken a wrong turn and ended up here in Parliament... 

Yes it does seem to have a resemblance but I’d like to think that most of us just want try and make the game the best we can make it for the majority even if we do disagree on plenty of stuff. Whereas there’s plenty in parliament who seem to be only concerned with themselves and not at all bothered about the general population but that’s a discussion for another time.

22 hours ago, Woody said:

I'm loving this debate. Yes it has got a bit out of hand at times but its a debate worth tackling.

The fact that your forced to make changes is ridiculous, changes should be made on the manages wishes not because half of your 1st eleven is unfit. How do you get team cohesion when you cant play the same 11 at least a few games in a row. Its not right.

Who cares if players are getting to maximum fitness too quickly that isnt what FMM is about...its about fun and expressing yourself tactically not swapping players out every game.

If your want uber realism then play the pc version.

I wanted to wade in earlier but I don’t think I could word my post any better than the above.

I’ll offer my $0.02 anyway. Even when I didn’t necessarily HAVE to rotate my team I still chose to rotate a lot of the time before the Winter Update. I gave different members of my squad the necessary playing time they deserve, including giving youngsters their rightful opportunities. It was nice to have the power of choice rather than be forced to make decisions that were unrealistic and slowed down the gameplay.

It’s my personal opinion that anyone who’s banging the ‘the game is too easy’ drum is subconsciously playing using metas as opposed to enjoying the game for what it is; a simplified version of an in-depth & detailed strategy RPG. If you want higher difficulty in FMM then push for tactical and AI improvements that push boundaries as opposed to updates such as conditioning which don’t serve to make the game either more realistic or fun to play. Loosen up and play to have fun as opposed to having to constantly & relentlessly win. 

4 minutes ago, Jack said:

you want higher difficulty in FMM then push for tactical and AI improvements that push boundaries as opposed to updates such as conditioning which don’t serve to make the game either more realistic or fun to play.

100% spot on!

Guys, this is what we need to focus on. 

Don't make the game harder for us, make it easier for the A.I.

That's how you make this game's difficulty realistic. 

Edited by RPA123456

I know this is a bit off topic but,

If you want to make the game more of a challenge use Athletic Bilbao. That way you can’t run around buying up all the best regens. Their signing policy means you are totally reliant on your tactical and man management and training skills.

This is the easiest option to make this game harder.

10 minutes ago, macmole said:

I know this is a bit off topic but,

If you want to make the game more of a challenge use Athletic Bilbao. That way you can’t run around buying up all the best regens. Their signing policy means you are totally reliant on your tactical and man management and training skills.

This is the easiest option to make this game harder.

That's not really necessary however. What's stopping me from signing only Northern Irish players while playing in Northern Ireland? Or Signing only Scottish players and then winning the CL and World Cup with them?

We always had the choice of making the game more difficult, they shouldn't have forced it like this... 

2 hours ago, RPA123456 said:

That's not really necessary however. What's stopping me from signing only Northern Irish players while playing in Northern Ireland? Or Signing only Scottish players and then winning the CL and World Cup with them?

We always had the choice of making the game more difficult, they shouldn't have forced it like this... 

Unfortunately it appears too many people are too weak to restrain themselves. Like I personally don't use regens for the first 10 odd years, they're easy to avoid.