Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Winter Update

9 minutes ago, Rob said:

I find people’s concepts of what the game should be more interesting than the conditioning debate. A lot of us are completely opposite, which is kinda fascinating.

Agreed, the discussion is all about learning and not changing people's minds. We're all passionate regardless so it's ace. 

Just had a long soak in the bath trying to think about this with more of an unbiased view and I came to the conclusion that SI are in a lose lose situation here. No matter what they do they are going to annoy one camp or another and having read various threads since the winter update I think only one thing is certain ...and that’s that none of us totally agree on the way forward.

So that got me thinking about realistic options for SI to solve this going forward. It got me thinking about why don’t SI develop a system where we can pick and choose what updates to apply. Like a simple activate or deactivate list with all the different upgrades and changes to the game that we can pick and choose before starting a new save. We already have the option with the summer/winter transfer updates. Obviously all bug fixes and stuff would just go through the normal channels but actual game upgrades and changes would be on this new list. It would have such a positive impact on the game that everyone could enjoy, no more splitting the community and it would even add another dimension to the challenges on here. No more worries about future upgrades spoiling how you have fun in the game. If you don’t like something you can just start a new save with ‘winter 2019 conditioning downgrade’ turned off 😂😜

The only downside I could see would be how long it would take to develop but it be would be something that would be carried forward into ever future edition and would really make your game stand out amongst your competition. 

Anyway, just writing some thoughts. Not sure if it’s as great an idea as my brain is trying to convince me so any thoughts would be great.

4 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Just had a long soak in the bath trying to think about this with more of an unbiased view and I came to the conclusion that SI are in a lose lose situation here. No matter what they do they are going to annoy one camp or another and having read various threads since the winter update I think only one thing is certain ...and that’s that none of us totally agree on the way forward.

So that got me thinking about realistic options for SI to solve this going forward. It got me thinking about why don’t SI develop a system where we can pick and choose what updates to apply. Like a simple activate or deactivate list with all the different upgrades and changes to the game that we can pick and choose before starting a new save. We already have the option with the summer/winter transfer updates. Obviously all bug fixes and stuff would just go through the normal channels but actual game upgrades and changes would be on this new list. It would have such a positive impact on the game that everyone could enjoy, no more splitting the community and it would even add another dimension to the challenges on here. No more worries about future upgrades spoiling how you have fun in the game. If you don’t like something you can just start a new save with ‘winter 2019 conditioning downgrade’ turned off 😂😜

The only downside I could see would be how long it would take to develop but it be would be something that would be carried forward into ever future edition and would really make your game stand out amongst your competition. 

Anyway, just writing some thoughts. Not sure if it’s as great an idea as my brain is trying to convince me so any thoughts would be great.

Won’t happen. The more variation they have the more bugs there’ll be. It’s as simple as that imo

This is the last thing I will say on this for now I promise.😀

Since this update came out we only seem to be talking about rotation and subs being made IRL as a result of player conditioning when really how many are actually because of player conditioning? How many are actually changes made for tactical reasons?

As an example Sturridge is still at Liverpool although maybe not for much longer but he’s often on the subs bench. Now his pace and legs have kind of gone a bit unfortunately for him but he is there because you could bring him on late in a game and he could do something different and maybe get you a goal. 

I think maybe this update has forgotten that rotation and subs can actually be made for a reason other than player conditioning.

6 minutes ago, 1759 said:

This is the last thing I will say on this for now I promise.😀

Since this update came out we only seem to be talking about rotation and subs being made IRL as a result of player conditioning when really how many are actually because of player conditioning? How many are actually changes made for tactical reasons?

As an example Sturridge is still at Liverpool although maybe not for much longer but he’s often on the subs bench. Now his pace and legs have kind of gone a bit unfortunately for him but he is there because you could bring him on late in a game and he could do something different and maybe get you a goal. 

I think maybe this update has forgotten that rotation and subs can actually be made for a reason other than player conditioning.

Exactly this! No longer can we sub because we’re chasing a game and we want to try a different approach. You now know full well that all subs are locked in place to replace your tired players

14 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Won’t happen. The more variation they have the more bugs there’ll be. It’s as simple as that imo

I’m pretty clueless when it comes to coding so I’ll take your word for it 👍

28 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

AdChoices
ADVERTISING

The ability to uninstall a shit update would be my preference! 😆

Or how about giving some description of what the update will do. Like "major change in conditioning" or something like that. I would have read that and said NO THANKS!

42 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

no more splitting the community 

It would be though as we'd all be playing differently, it's a decent idea but not practical, what if they wasted time on features no-one activated etc. 

15 minutes ago, Woody said:

The ability to uninstall a shit update would be my preference! 😆

100% never happening as then they'd not know issues would they. Unfortunately we're testers for every change they make. A few if us tend to hold of on updating which tbh is selfish yet wtf should we work for SI 😂

13 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Or how about giving some description of what the update will do. Like "major change in conditioning" or something like that. I would have read that and said NO THANKS!

Again that's not what they want, they need the feedback as the game is clearly tested poorly behind the scenes. 

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

It would be though as we'd all be playing differently, it's a decent idea but not practical, what if they wasted time on features no-one activated etc. 

100% never happening as then they'd not know issues would they. Unfortunately we're testers for every change they make. A few if us tend to hold of on updating which tbh is selfish yet wtf should we work for SI 😂

Again that's not what they want, they need the feedback as the game is clearly tested poorly behind the scenes. 

I know mate. Wish i'd realised auto update was still on.

Aint now though!

17 hours ago, samhardy said:

Up there with the most "interesting" ways to start a long post I have to say 😂

Haha yeah sorry. I forget sometimes how sentences like that will always trigger repressed homosexuals. 

Edited by LenTheWelsh

Yeah stuff this update, I won't be playing until the stupidness of this is fixed. 

Both my CBs hitting 60% after 4 games? Does 0% mean they're dead? If so they're basically half way there 😂. I heavily rotated after game 2 to be safe and then for game 4 I had hardly anyone 😂, not to mention the performance drop off and injuries. 

Consistency will be impossible, small squads are dead, favouring players is dead, the fun is dead, BBMs are dead, this training made old players suck as is but now they're worthless, like how did this happen 😂

Bring on 2020, I can't wait to see what bizarre feature they pull out the hat to ruin the game next, a triangle ball perhaps? 

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Yeah stuff this update, I won't be playing until the stupidness of this is fixed. 

Both my CBs hitting 60% after 4 games? Does 0% mean they're dead? If so they're basically half way there 😂. I heavily rotated after game 2 to be safe and then for game 4 I had hardly anyone 😂, not to mention the performance drop off and injuries. 

Consistency will be impossible, small squads are dead, favouring players is dead, the fun is dead, BBMs are dead, this training made old players suck as is but now they're worthless, like how did this happen 😂

Bring on 2020, I can't wait to see what bizarre feature they pull out the hat to ruin the game next, a triangle ball perhaps? 

I'm getting more injuries as well now because of it. lost 2 players to 3 months+ and i have at least 5 out on 2 or more weeks.

It's anarchy i tell ya!!

Just ran the latest update before I came on here.

Looking forward to going back to gaming mode and seeing how things have improved 👍 

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Just ran the latest update before I came on here.

Terrible news. The game is dead now. I’m sorry for your loss 😔

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

Directly after my 4th game - both CB's (who played every minute up to that point) are marked:

795880082_Screenshot_20190330-150306_FM2019Mobile.thumb.jpg.acbe0f899c3ee867471ee14f9ec9b767.jpg

And I had a midweek game and then a game the following Saturday, and this was the worst of my squad before the Saturday game:

1773240404_Screenshot_20190330-151022_FM2019Mobile.thumb.jpg.cf22117b3f75b515e36903b616faafea.jpg

I rested the three lads with different colouring, cos I have the squad for it so might as well keep them fresh, only three (and one of them is generally a reserve anyway).

@Marc Vaughan - there does seem to be some evidence of people having markedly different experiences here, and obviously for some of those it's leading to a significant drop in enjoyment. Any ideas as to what the problem is?

Edited by Mr Tree
5 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Does anybody know if there’s much chance of another update or is this probably going to be it until FMM 20?

They usually make it reasonably clear if it's the last update, I can't see them leaving it like this tbh. 

22 minutes ago, Ashez said:

They usually make it reasonably clear if it's the last update, I can't see them leaving it like this tbh. 

I sincerely hope so. Ive got a 2nd season of my TT to post but im not sure if i want to carry on as things stand.

7 minutes ago, Woody said:

I sincerely hope so. Ive got a 2nd season of my TT to post but im not sure if i want to carry on as things stand.

I'm 6 or 7 seasons into my career and I'm terrified to play it, things started to look shakey as is but this BS will kill it :(

Just now, Ashez said:

I'm 6 or 7 seasons into my career and I'm terrified to play it, things started to look shakey as is but this BS will kill it :(

Exactly. This is what we meant by its sapped the fun out of the game.

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Exactly. This is what we meant by its sapped the fun out of the game.

Even if I was willing I'm between windows with a small squad so I'd screw the save one way or another either way. 

It seems we're not the only ones complaining about fitness levels post update. I was reading through the reviews on Playstore and absolutely LOADS of people are complaining about the fitness issues. Here's one screenshot.

1264605992_Screenshot_20190330-214639_GooglePlayStore.thumb.jpg.f3582f5c49410a0a46344a95aa26c814.jpg

It's good in one way that so many other people feel the same but i doubt the SI will listen and change things back...

Edited by DutchTony