Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Winter Update

34 minutes ago, Snip said:

Can someone summarise for me? There's too much stress on here. The fitness thing is still shit isn't it? 

There’s a massive divide, I’m personally on the shit side of things.😀

Edited by 1759
1 hour ago, Snip said:

Can someone summarise for me? There's too much stress on here. The fitness thing is still shit isn't it? 

Yes it is

The fitness stuff isn't an issue if

1. You have fitness coaches (I always have anyway, that's logical)

2. You don't use any high energy roles

3. You don't use high energy settings 

4. You use non intensive training 

5. You don't use kids or old players 

6. If you don't like tactical subs 

7. You like big squads

8. You're happy to treat FMM as % candy crush

If you're happy to ignore this half of the game the other half might be okay. Unfortunately I don't feel a feature is good when it limits what i can do or when I have to jump through hoops to play it. 

Everyone I have seen who's okay with this update, or playing it at least has had to make changes because certain options are broken now. Like the high press, I've seen various people say they turned that off, that might not be much to some but as someone who enjoys the tactics but finds them limiting as is that's annoying. 

Seriously I wouldn't be surprised if this feature only exists to fix the engine as the engine has issues with high pressing with numbers. 

I've said numerous times Ash that you make fair points, BUT, I think you do leap to slightly excessive conclusions (IMHO).

For example, i push up and press all over and overload if needed. But not all the time. So those options aren't removed, you just have to choose your moments, and you can't exploit them as previously (agree with what you say re: match engine).

To get boring and real-life, one of my favourite bees teams was under Martin Allen in 2006 (maybe, god, that long ago?). We were 2nd or 3rd all season before running out of steam and losing in the playoffs. And see, that was MA - he played every bloody game like a cup final. So when they really really mattered, we didn't have another level to step up to.

I don't think you need a big squad either. Just two for every position. That's pretty normal though, right? You can always get an injury. But check my Torquay squad in that example again - it's only about 21 players. My own stupid fault, I've left myself a bit short in defence, but still, it's hardly excessive.

5 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

To get boring and real-life, one of my favourite bees teams was under Martin Allen in 2006 (maybe, god, that long ago?). We were 2nd or 3rd all season before running out of steam and losing in the playoffs. And see, that was MA - he played every bloody game like a cup final. So when they really really mattered, we didn't have another level to step up to.

This stuff happened previously though that's my point, the situation was fine. Previously between January-March you'd hit a rough period knowing you'd ran some players into the ground, no different to Klopp and Liverpool in recent years.

That makes sense, it has a sense of realism even and imo this new approach has gone OTT. We've gone from an awkward few months to having a awkward moment every 3 games. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

For example, i push up and press all over and overload if needed. But not all the time. So those options aren't removed, you just have to choose your moments, and you can't exploit them as previously (agree with what you say re: match engine).

For one we don't even have the information to "pick our moments", unless you mean shit I'm losing let's throw the kitchen sink at everyone. And the way the game works being forced into these changes of changing the press is a joke. Every time you make a change the game calculates a new result or sequence of events, it's a dangerous game to start predicting on a 1-0 lead if your current script is a win and would a change alter that result I agree but it's a factor. 

I just don't like SI or the game forcing my hand, I've said for years I don't feel like I have any input on FMM , I'm just reading from SI's script and this update impacts my tactics, my staff, who I play and how I play. Signings are the only area I feel I have an impact and even that is limited by the new training/reputation system. 

I don't think that previous fitness system was good but I also think the same for the new one

They went from from 0 to 100 really fast and two wrongs do not make a right

There are teams out there that play high pressing whole season and use roles that demand a lot of stamina, this update annulled that, I can see why playing in lower leagues should tire your players out and force you to rotate but it should not be the case for the top dogs

When you play CL games you want your subs to be tactical and now you will be forced to sub off players only because they are "dead" 

You can avoid that by having 2 even squads to rotate but that is not realistic and no top dogs use that approach

1 hour ago, Mr Tree said:

Can't argue, all fair enough 👏

That's my biggest problem with FMM for the last few years tbh, I feel like with each new feature we're losing more and more control of how we play. 

Comparing the PSP tactics to mobile is laughable, back in the day we had total control but now SI roll out the dough and we pick which cookie cutters to make biscuits with. I know people are tired of me saying it but even on the PSP we had some tactical control for set pieces and now we have next to nothing. I understand simplifying it as I am one who thinks FMM should be a mobile game but we're so limited now and that's why 90% of tactics look similar, especially when certain roles are clearly superior to others or don't work. For years we had to put up with DMC's being absolutely useless, that's a massive chunk of tactics taken away from us due to a poor engine. 

Personally I loved taking average players to weak leagues and unleashing havoc which while still possible that approach has been hit by this new reputation system, sure training was OP and I see why it was tweaked but personally I think that system only exists to stop China being a broken mess. Anyway I'm still iffy on this new training, I like it but it's a time sink that puts me off bothering with it on shorter saves. It's also led to countless times where I've signed a player with potential for him to instantly peak and not be the player I hoped he'd be, yeah realistic but equally frustrating and especially if you're on a budget. I've found instead of developing players you're simply better off growing financial muscles. 

And now I'm limited in how I even use my players, I'm sure some of you find that fun but these SI made restrictions suck the life out of the game for me. It's just another area where I feel SI are dictating every aspect of how I play FMM with this update impacting everything. It impacts my roles, my settings, my staff, the players I use/target and their development so a game I already felt was restrictive has got even worse. Honestly just add a seasonal holiday option with my tactics set and that's how I feel the game is now, it's mundane as all I feel I'm doing is clicking SI's check lists and pressing continue. 

These aren't new feelings as I've had them for years yet something about 2019 spoke to me and I really started to love the game again, like really love it again. Then out of nowhere SI decide to interfere. 

That's another issue though as this update has no right being a mid gen update, personally something that game changing is unacceptable, especially with how long the current bug thread is. Yet I bet you this was snuck in as an update instead of a key feature of 2020 out of fear! They knew this response was coming and if 2020 released with a feature being "a new conditioning approach" I guarantee you 90% of the fan base would hesitate and wonder, with good reason imo. This is now not the game they sold us, this isn't a bug fix it's a brand new feature snuck in which is just lacking respect for the fan base. 

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

That's my biggest problem with FMM for the last few years tbh, I feel like with each new feature we're losing more and more control of how we play. 

Comparing the PSP tactics to mobile is laughable, back in the day we had total control but now SI roll out the dough and we pick which cookie cutters to make biscuits with. I know people are tired of me saying it but even on the PSP we had some tactical control for set pieces and now we have next to nothing. I understand simplifying it as I am one who thinks FMM should be a mobile game but we're so limited now and that's why 90% of tactics look similar, especially when certain roles are clearly superior to others or don't work. For years we had to put up with DMC's being absolutely useless, that's a massive chunk of tactics taken away from us due to a poor engine. 

Personally I loved taking average players to weak leagues and unleashing havoc which while still possible that approach has been hit by this new reputation system, sure training was OP and I see why it was tweaked but personally I think that system only exists to stop China being a broken mess. Anyway I'm still iffy on this new training, I like it but it's a time sink that puts me off bothering with it on shorter saves. It's also led to countless times where I've signed a player with potential for him to instantly peak and not be the player I hoped he'd be, yeah realistic but equally frustrating and especially if you're on a budget. I've found instead of developing players you're simply better off growing financial muscles. 

And now I'm limited in how I even use my players, I'm sure some of you find that fun but these SI made restrictions suck the life out of the game for me. It's just another area where I feel SI are dictating every aspect of how I play FMM with this update impacting everything. It impacts my roles, my settings, my staff, the players I use/target and their development so a game I already felt was restrictive has got even worse. Honestly just add a seasonal holiday option with my tactics set and that's how I feel the game is now, it's mundane as all I feel I'm doing is clicking SI's check lists and pressing continue. 

These aren't new feelings as I've had them for years yet something about 2019 spoke to me and I really started to love the game again, like really love it again. Then out of nowhere SI decide to interfere. 

That's another issue though as this update has no right being a mid gen update, personally something that game changing is unacceptable, especially with how long the current bug thread is. Yet I bet you this was snuck in as an update instead of a key feature of 2020 out of fear! They knew this response was coming and if 2020 released with a feature being "a new conditioning approach" I guarantee you 90% of the fan base would hesitate and wonder, with good reason imo. This is now not the game they sold us, this isn't a bug fix it's a brand new feature snuck in which is just lacking respect for the fan base. 

Fantastic post!

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Okay, so I'm not 100% with you on everything you've said but this part above; this part was and still is one of the biggest issues I have with the game. 

Recently, I tried to make a 'out there' goal heavy tactic that I could use for 1k and 2k challenges. But guess what? The only way to hit those kinda numbers is to go with 4-2-3-1s or 4-3-2-1s. I tried literally everything for an entire day. I even tried to focus on a IF as my main outlet, but nope that role also been severely nerfed it seems(I hadn't used IFs since the update and am slightly shocked on how useless they are now). 

You're right, tactics are cookie cutter... And they have been for a couple years(at least) now. 

Edited by RPA123456
16 minutes ago, RPA123456 said:

Okay, so I'm not 100% with you on everything you've said

And that's cool, I'm opinionated and I like talking about this stuff, I'm not here to try convince people one way or the other and I always try to understand other people's position. Yeah I tease and I joke and I'm sure I come across as an ass more often than intend but I always try to be fair. My opinions are my opinions like everyone else's are their own, that's why I feel @Foxy's What's The Point Of FMM article was so important as FMM means different things to different people, that's a beauty and a curse though 😂

21 minutes ago, RPA123456 said:

You're right, tactics are cookie cutter... And they have been for a couple years(at least) now. 

They've been like this since this system was implemented but I'd say 2015 and the EME made this extremely clear, I remember some truly wacky formations I used on 2013 and 2014 but over the years the creativity and options have gone. 

With EME your options are going stupidly top heavy or going variants of 4321/4231, that's it. That's the tactical masterclass of FMM. Ever tried a flat 442? Don't bother 😂

Let's not forget the somewhat detailed player instructions are pretty new. 

That's why this crap about conditioning, team talks, half time talks, the media, training and various other fluff frustrate me as the game has glaring issues in its most important aspect, the tactics. 

When Foxy said the game is about the tactics, the transfers and matches I 100% believe that should be the case yet the game is getting further away from those principles imo. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

You should be a writer 😉

Everything that needed to be said and couldnt be any truer! Brilliant.

2 hours ago, Ashez said:

😍😍😍😍

Make Ash intergalactic giga emperor, I will be director of the universe and the surrounding environment, we will join forces and make FMM great again 

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

You say that but if you look at Man City presently they have a match on the 3rd, 6th, 9th and 14th - this is just the 'Semi-Final' stage for the FA Cup and if they manage to get through that for all competitions then their congestion will be immense towards the end.

In real-life the Semi-final dates are 4/30 and 7/5 (so  its off by one day in your game) - Man City have a match scheduled on the 4th May already. They already have one game 'in hand' and because of their impending FA Cup Semi-Final they will have another to schedule before the end of the season - they already have matches every 3-4 days in April so its unlikely they will squeeze on in then ... which leads me to think that they may well slot into May, meaning the fixture list you're seeing is fairly plausible ... if somewhat hard going for the teams involved in it.

(this is also why its INCREDIBLY rare that a team can pull off a treble or quadruple both in the game and irl)

PS - If you rotate players in the run up to it you'll probably find they weather it reasonably well, make sure you substitute players who you want to play in the majority of those matches before the end of the match, having a bit of a rest towards the end of a match can make a huge difference in terms of recovery for players (although in all honesty I'd probably rest most of my team for the CL semi-final ... and likely regret it if we got stomped ;) ).

I’m guessing this “conditioning” fix/test is here to stay? 

What’s happened to tactical substitutions? Can’t make them anymore, all three subs are now locked because of this absolute mess. I have a BBM and two Wingbacks in my team, I know from the get go that these are now the ones I’m going to have to substitute no matter how good or bad the game is going.

I’m holding back a little here tbh due to my staff commitments but with all due respect I’m a fan of the game first and foremost and the game in its current state is an absolute mess

That entire thread is essential reading before any thoughts of there being a final update. 

If only this conditioning mess didn't take place and you guys could be working on 2020 already instead of breaking/fixing 2019.

No I won't tell you to stop playing your wingbacks - but you might want to give one of them a game off now and again, most of the big teams do some sort of rotation during the season to try and ensure during 'heavy' fixture periods that players get rest, you can see this most commonly during League Cup matches or matches against smaller sides where someone might be left out of the squad entirely or start on the bench.

I'm guessing from your comments that your tactic is fairly intensive - can I ask whether you're using committed tackling and pressing? ...

(also I'd be happy to take a save just before your tumultuous run of games and play it through to see how 'bad' things are for you - but in all honesty I'd expect some tired legs out there, anyone in the 90's is definitely playable, 80's will take a bit of a performance hit but still be alright if they're good enough (and if they're not that great why aren't you rotating them?).

To give a real life example (stats etc. taken from BBC website) demonstrating that some rotation (and most vitally early subs) is commonly done in real-life if there is fixture congestion.

(and no I don't want to make the game into a chore - but equally it should feel realistic and challenging imho and if you're in all competitions in the way Man City are in real-life then having to consider rotating a little is to be expected imho, the game tries to make this relatively simple you can save two distinct squad selections down and load one up, simply remove/add a specific player or two or if you're really lazy just clear and ask your assistant to pick your squad, tweaking it afterwards ... none of these options should take more than 15-30 seconds in my experience)

Man City squad before their last Champions League second Leg:

Spoiler
  • 31Ederson
  • 2WalkerBooked at 6mins
  • 4Kompany
  • 30Otamendi
  • 35Zinchenko
  • 20Bernardo Silva
  • 8Gündogan
  • 21Silva
  • 26Mahrez (Subbed)
  • 10Agüero (Subbed
  • 7Sterling (subbed)

Substitutes

• 3Danilo
  • 14Laporte
  • 18Delph
  • 19Sané
  • 33Gabriel Jesus
  • 47Foden
  • 49Muric

Their squad for the second leg itself when they won 7-0 ..

Spoiler
  • 31Ederson
  • 2Walker
  • 3Danilo
  • 14Laporte
  • 35Zinchenko
  • 20Bernardo Silva
  • 8Gündogan
  • 21Silva 
  • 7Sterling
  • 10Agüero (subbed)
  • 19Sané

Substitutes

• 5Stones
  • 18Delph
  • 26Mahrez
  • 33Gabriel Jesus
  • 47Foden
  • 49Muric
  • 77Humphreys-Grant
Edited by Marc Vaughan
37 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

realistic

Fun should come first

37 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

challenging

Artificial and cheap difficulty. 

38 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

none of these options should take more than 15-30 seconds in my experience)

15 seconds x 60 games = 15 mins

30 seconds x 60 = 30min

15 mins x 30 seasons = 7.5 hours

30 mins x 30 seasons = 15 Hours 

Yet again I find the community unhappy yet we're told to suck it up, how can so many people be wrong? Oh well, i got a good 2 months out the game being fun. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Fun should come first

I always try and ensure that the game is fun to play - however for many people part of that fun comes from it being reasonably realistic ... 

I'm hardly 'telling people to suck it up' - I'm trying to communicate my thoughts and the reasoning behind the decisions which have been made and to tweak things to a stage where the maximum amount of people can enjoy the game.

I realise it may be you aren't at present - however your statistics imply is that you will need to 'rotate' for every single match, in practice during my play I only really need to rotate in extreme circumstances, basically where I have games in quick succession .. now if you're Man City this might happen more frequently than some clubs, but for me its not 'every' match and before Christmas I rarely have to rotate my squad more than minimally (normally I'll play kids in Cup matches). 

If you are finding things different to this please let me know and throw me a save game or two to examine.

PS - I've played probably 100+ seasons in the game with this years version including one start -> finish 30 seasons, two bottom division to top division and various 'test cases' but obviously there are millions of possibly styles of play and teams so I'm happy to take feedback and saves where possible.

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I always try and ensure that the game is fun to play - however for many people part of that fun comes from it being reasonably realistic ... 

I'm hardly 'telling people to suck it up' - I'm trying to communicate my thoughts and the reasoning behind the decisions which have been made and to tweak things to a stage where the maximum amount of people can enjoy the game.

I realise it may be you aren't at present - however your statistics imply is that you will need to 'rotate' for every single match, in practice during my play I only really need to rotate in extreme circumstances, basically where I have games in quick succession .. now if you're Man City this might happen more frequently than some clubs, but for me its not 'every' match and before Christmas I rarely have to rotate my squad more than minimally (normally I'll play kids in Cup matches). 

If you are finding things different to this please let me know and throw me a save game or two to examine.

PS - I've played probably 100+ seasons in the game with this years version including one start -> finish 30 seasons, two bottom division to top division and various 'test cases' but obviously there are millions of possibly styles of play and teams so I'm happy to take feedback and saves where possible.

Come on fellas, you gotta admit that Marc does make some valid points here. 

It ain't easy being a dev... 

3 hours ago, RPA123456 said:

Come on fellas, you gotta admit that Marc does make some valid points here. 

It ain't easy being a dev... 

He does make some good points and fair play for replying. 

The reason we moved from pc to mobile is for that reason of fun. The pc version was overflooded and for me lost its fun factor appeal as the mobile version took us all back to the cm01/02 days. 

Its not about lets ramp up the conditioning to make it harder, its more tactical input we need.

Dont get me wrong i dont want it turned into the OME, i mean last year the fitness on that was terrible but it is a tad OTT.

While it's true that fitness got turned all the way from 0 to a 100, IMO fitness right now is closer to a nice balanced 50 than it is to the OTT 100 it was just after the winter update. 

I will admit that fitness in its current form is a tad annoying and can be tweaked to be much better though. 

8 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Exactly.

added 0 minutes later
9 hours ago, Ashez said:

Yet again I find the community unhappy yet we're told to suck it up, how can so many people be wrong? Oh well, i got a good 2 months out the game being fun. 

I'm in the Community and I'm not unhappy. Please remember that you don't speak for all FMM Players.

Edited by Lillywhite Dean
1 minute ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Exactly.

added 0 minutes later

I'm in the Community and I'm not unhappy. You don't speak for everyone.

The majority are unhappy though mate. Thats what @Ashez is getting.

Unfortunately I’ve missed @Marc Vaughan. I appreciate you coming on here and I was just wanting to ask you about younger players conditioning and try to get an understanding of how it’s supposed to work and your ideas behind it?

It seems to me that all young players are massively hindered from a fitness perspective. Stamina plays a very small part and generally you ain’t going to be able to get even the likes of Mbappe on the pitch for a great deal of time until he’s about 22. 

Just getting a bit monotonous the fact that I only have to look at the age of a player in my squad and if he’s below 22 then I know he won’t be playing much when is it really true irl that all youngsters are hindered like this?

I've stayed out of this so far as I haven't played with the newer versions - until now...

I do think the old version may have been slightly too easy, but the newer version (10.2.2) is over the top in my opinion. As @1759 says, it's brutal on young players. They keep getting a Needs a rest message on the training screen (you can only see it if you go to that screen). You can rest them for 2 weeks, then play them for one game and it comes back. 

Also, I've seen some weird things, like a goalkeeper (Craig Gordon) with a condition of 100% having the Needs a rest message... Really? Yes, he's not young, but that's just weird, as goalkeepers can pretty much play every game.

Edit: Anyway, it probably makes sense to nerf younger players a bit (as playing them is a a surefire path to success), but this feels like the wrong approach and too heavy handed. It definitely makes it harder to play with the constant rotating, especially as I need to check 3 screens before each game: Training for the new Needs a rest, Selection for the actual condition percentage (it's more important than ever to only play players at 100%) and General Info for their morale... At least put all of that on one screen. Or pop up a warning before proceeding to the game (Craig Gordon needs a rest). etc

Edited by Scratch
22 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Or pop up a warning before proceeding to the game (Craig Gordon needs a rest). etc

Not that I'll play this years game again, but this is a really good idea.

Club I am in charge of is still small and I am not that far into the save so regens are still not showing up but if its true what you guys are saying, young players developing will require a new approach, unhealthy I am afraid..as developing them was one of the most enjoyable parts of the game for lot of us 

9 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

This is what I said yesterday, I dunno if you saw it but it's my feelings on FMM

Spoiler

Screenshot_2019-04-03-11-46-57.thumb.png.d8ecf68054bc94f08a48a49b2549883e.png

I'm happy for aspects of realism yet realism just seems an excuse to suck the fun out of the game, especially when other areas need work. 

9 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Admittedly that was a tad harsh, I was on 5% battery and rushing 😂. Anyway I've seen this sort of situation before over the years be it the stamina bug, the DMC bug, the EME blinding people or various other changes where people weren't happy. All we're usually trying to do is communicate our thoughts and visions for the game yet our input feels like it doesn't count. The game's your baby i can completely understand that but passion for it is there from alot of us.

Tbh I am just disappointed I really liked the game again and now all my old feelings are back which were why I took a step back from the game and community. 

4 hours ago, RPA123456 said:

While it's true that fitness got turned all the way from 0 to a 100, IMO fitness right now is closer to a nice balanced 50 than it is to the OTT 100 it was just after the winter update. 

I will admit that fitness in its current form is a tad annoying and can be tweaked to be much better though. 

I think that's all we're saying, no-one is saying to remove it or make it how it was but to tone it down a bit more, there will be a sweet spot we just need SI to want to find it. People aren't happy with it's current state, not with its inclusion is my take.