Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Winter Update

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2019-04-03-11-46-57.thumb.png.d8ecf68054bc94f08a48a49b2549883e.png

I'm happy for aspects of realism yet realism just seems an excuse to suck the fun out of the game, especially when other areas need work. 

Can you expand on this because I don't understand what you mean. Why would the developers look for a reason to the suck the fun out of FMM and then label it as 'realism' as an excuse for doing so?

14 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Can you expand on this because I don't understand what you mean. Why would the developers look for a reason to the suck the fun out of FMM and then label it as 'realism' as an excuse for doing so?

Perhaps because it is a unintended side effect of adding more realism to the game. In case you haven't noticed, not everything in real life is fun... 

Anyway guys, like Foxy said. This is a thread for bugs. Let's keep it that way eh? 

6 minutes ago, RPA123456 said:

Perhaps because it is a unintended side effect of adding more realism to the game. In case you haven't noticed, not everything in real life is fun... 

Anyway guys, like Foxy said. This is a thread for bugs. Let's keep it that way eh? 

An unintended side effect and an excuse to suck the fun out of the game are completely different things. The former applies accident whilst the latter implies deliberate. 

And you should know by now that I believe real life is fun!

But yes, this is a bugs thread so agree that we should just keep it that way.

2 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Scott Brown, everyone... Stamina of 15. Plays 2 games in a row, then has one off. Needs a rest.

1966712203_Screenshot_20190403-214224_FM2019Mobile.jpg.72deb915f0f3100ad18a8d6d66fc5676.jpg

1458427408_Screenshot_20190403-214241_FM2019Mobile.jpg.dcc11eb4b7fd6cd3f50a697c9f9831c4.jpg

1872133655_Screenshot_20190403-214235_FM2019Mobile.jpg.124f366fbd396169cbcbba421cee09b3.jpg

Shocking. The club captain needing a break after two games in a league where you’d seriously consider him a top top player. Realism at it’s finest there

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

Shocking. The club captain needing a break after two games in a league where you’d seriously consider him a top top player. Realism at it’s finest there

Yeah. Craig Gordon. Goalie. 100% condition. Played 3 games in a row. Needs a rest... I can go on. Young players and old players cop it bad... 

This 1KC got off to a great start (mid-December), but I'm seriously considering rolling back to the the pre-winter update version and starting over. It's just too frustrating. I wouldn't mind if it was milder and mostly affected young players. But this is too much.

Not sure you can "roll back"?

But I think Marc mentioned previously people taking that text a bit too seriously. I'm sure IRL a lot of players could do with a rest, but it doesn't mean they can't perform. They'll have international weeks, end of season break, etc.

Seriously, I never look at that myself.

7 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Yeah. Craig Gordon. Goalie. 100% condition. Played 3 games in a row. Needs a rest... I can go on. Young players and old players cop it bad... 

This 1KC got off to a great start (mid-December), but I'm seriously considering rolling back to the the pre-winter update version and starting over. It's just too frustrating. I wouldn't mind if it was milder and mostly affected young players. But this is too much.

There’s no way to roll it back to a previous update. Unless of course you have the vanilla version downloaded on another device.

Yeah older players have been hit hard in this version from day one. I have an example right, if I were to play one season with Juventus centred around Ronaldo, I can guarantee you that his attributes will have plummeted by the end of the first season, now I bet you when FMM20 comes around that his attributes won’t have declined as rapidly, if at all! They need to find another way to implement when a player declines, and how rapidly he declines. At the moment it’s a simple case of a switch getting flipped as soon as they turn 33/34/35 and boom, the player dies :( 

added 0 minutes later
3 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

But I think Marc mentioned previously people taking that text a bit too seriously. I'm sure IRL a lot of players could do with a rest, but it doesn't mean they can't perform. They'll have international weeks, end of season break, etc.

Why would you not take that text seriously? It wasn’t there prior to the winter update so surely it’s tied to it in some way?

17 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Scott Brown, everyone... Stamina of 15. Plays 2 games in a row, then has one off. Needs a rest.

1966712203_Screenshot_20190403-214224_FM2019Mobile.jpg.72deb915f0f3100ad18a8d6d66fc5676.jpg

1458427408_Screenshot_20190403-214241_FM2019Mobile.jpg.dcc11eb4b7fd6cd3f50a697c9f9831c4.jpg

1872133655_Screenshot_20190403-214235_FM2019Mobile.jpg.124f366fbd396169cbcbba421cee09b3.jpg

His condition rating is 99% so he is fit to play. The whole "needs a rest" could be explained with a bit of context i.e. has he just come back from injury, or has he played a large number of games so far this season.

I also see that his training schedule is intensive and the coach has pointed out that his Brown hasn't been training well lately. He might need a rest because you're working him too hard in training.

2 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

I backed up the app using the Android Assistant app, so I can certainly put the old version of the app back - but that's just the app. Not sure how it will play with the data, ie if the database structure updated, it might be screwed... 

Thanks for the info. Maybe I will push on ahead and just ignore the messages. But the condition is lower than before as well. Things don't seem right...

3 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

His condition rating is 99% so he is fit to play. The whole "needs a rest" could be explained with a bit of context i.e. has he just come back from injury, or has he played a large number of games so far this season.

I also see that his training schedule is intensive and the coach has pointed out that his Brown hasn't been training well lately. He might need a rest because you're working him too hard in training.

Good pickup - I'd forgotten he was on Intensive. At some point he asked for it... The "hasn't been training well lately" seems to show up for all my players in need of a rest. He hasn't been injured. He hasn't played a lot as you can see in the form screenshot. 

Interestingly, I have some players that show both "Needs a rest" and "Wants a heavier training schedule" on the Training screen...

3 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Why would you not take that text seriously? It wasn’t there prior to the winter update so surely it’s tied to it in some way?

Well, my simple answer is "because I never check it", hence I don't take it seriously :)

So I wouldn't know if it wasn't there before, although ofc I'm occasionally on that screen and thought that type of thing was there before.

anyway, I believe Marc was worried people were taking that a bit too literally, like "needs a rest SO REST HIM NOW". It's not that. It's more like "could do with some time off when you get chance". why not keep playing him and see what happens? I've not noticed the performance drop-off.

I've said it all before though, it's like shouting into the wind :( scratch also mentioned above having to play everyone at 100% - I think this is a misunderstanding. You're used to playing like that, so acting like it's a disaster that you can't. But they can perform perfectly well in the 90's...

9 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

There’s no way to roll it back to a previous update. Unless of course you have the vanilla version downloaded on another device.

I have a backup of the app, but not sure it will work with any changes to the database structure.

9 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Yeah older players have been hit hard in this version from day one. I have an example right, if I were to play one season with Juventus centred around Ronaldo, I can guarantee you that his attributes will have plummeted by the end of the first season, now I bet you when FMM20 comes around that his attributes won’t have declined as rapidly, if at all! They need to find another way to implement when a player declines, and how rapidly he declines. At the moment it’s a simple case of a switch getting flipped as soon as they turn 33/34/35 and boom, the player dies :( 

Yeah, player decline has always been dodgy. Hope they can get a more accurate model. Having them needing a rest isn't the way though! 🙂

2 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Good pickup - I'd forgotten he was on Intensive. At some point he asked for it... The "hasn't been training well lately" seems to show up for all my players in need of a rest. He hasn't been injured. He hasn't played a lot as you can see in the form screenshot. 

Interestingly, I have some players that show both "Needs a rest" and "Wants a heavier training schedule" on the Training screen...

I frankly found the training irritating, so just let my assistant do it. There do seem to some contradictory messages, some more that can be done by SI...

1 minute ago, Mr Tree said:

I've said it all before though, it's like shouting into the wind :( scratch also mentioned above having to play everyone at 100% - I think this is a misunderstanding. You're used to playing like that, so acting like it's a disaster that you can't. But they can perform perfectly well in the 90's...

In my experience the team is more likely to win if everyone is at 100% and my 1KC striker is more like to get 3 or 4 goals if they are both 100% and fresh (ie given a break midway through the season). Not something I can prove, just what I've seen.

I can play my striker at 92% if we have soft opposition and he might grab a couple. Give him a couple of weeks off and he would be more likely to get 3 or 4.

3 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

I frankly found the training irritating, so just let my assistant do it. There do seem to some contradictory messages, some more that can be done by SI...

I actually love it! The chance to shape a player and watch them power up... I don't over do it - I just check the focus area every time a player has a bump to see if I need to change it. Doesn't take long... But yeah contradictory messages should probably be fixed up...

4 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

I’m the same on this whereby I often just leave it alone. I do retrain players to new positions if they are not fully green in the position I intend to play them though. I find it seems to be facilities that makes the biggest difference in player development and the time investment of going through every player one by one just doesn’t seems worth it for me.

9 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Oh yeah, forgot to say: With the pre-winter version I could play closing down all over in every game, but I can't now because their condition drains way too low and can't recover... So it's not just a text thing. There is actual behavioural changes in the game. I guess you could argue that having a condition of 64% is just a text thing too, but... well at that point the whole thing is just a text thing and I may well pack it in... 

2 minutes ago, 1759 said:

I’m the same on this whereby I often just leave it alone. I do retrain players to new positions if they are not fully green in the position I intend to play them though. I find it seems to be facilities that makes the biggest difference in player development and the time investment of going through every player one by one just doesn’t seems worth it for me.

Yep, exactly (I retrain positions too). 

No doubt you can push them further if you take the time (else what's the point!), but like you say, I can't be bothered, they do well enough :)

45 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

An unintended side effect and an excuse to suck the fun out of the game are completely different things. The former applies accident whilst the latter implies deliberate. 

And you should know by now that I believe real life is fun!

But yes, this is a bugs thread so agree that we should just keep it that way.

Admittedly it was a poor turn of phrase, I did mean it's an unintentional side effect, yet when something is deliberately put in you could argue either way. By implementing real life systems you limit the game element. Especially when some people believe this type of stuff is fun, I'm just in the other camp, I'm sure it was added to be fun but it's a chore. 

26 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

I find myself ignoring alot of the extra stuff like coach reports, scouts, traits and occasionally the training tbf. Admittedly I like the fact they're somewhat optional but it's not really a good look is it? This is what I'm saying by we don't have the information to play the game, even the developer says this stuff is iffy 😂. Never mind stats or in match information to make informed decisions

26 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Yeah older players have been hit hard in this version from day one. I have an example right, if I were to play one season with Juventus centred around Ronaldo, I can guarantee you that his attributes will have plummeted by the end of the first season, now I bet you when FMM20 comes around that his attributes won’t have declined as rapidly, if at all! They need to find another way to implement when a player declines, and how rapidly he declines. At the moment it’s a simple case of a switch getting flipped as soon as they turn 33/34/35 and boom, the player dies 

This new training hit old/experienced players hard and the new conditioning hits kids hard....Like who are we meant to use? 😂

19 minutes ago, Scratch said:

That's FMM 😂

18 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

I agree with this in theory but not practice. 100% or around 90% is fine to start a game, but when they start hitting 60-70% in match which does result in fatigue based errors you're in trouble. Especially with tactical substitutions or multiple 90% fit players starting. Like I said on my practice save both my CBs hit 60-65% after 4 matches which resulted in an error for one and them then being unavailable for the next two games. 

My tactic has 2 intense roles and it became routine to replace them every match which left me one sub for another position rotation or a tactical switch. If I've multiple players hitting low percentages that's out the window. 

I'm all for the tactical game but having to constantly edit roles and instructions throughout a match is a chore. That time soon adds up on a game that's getting longer and longer to play as is, matches take a while, tactic testing is a nightmare, transfers can take a while, setting up training takes an age, condition checking players takes an age, squad rotation can take up to half hour a season, then all the pre match and HT loading screens, the tactical loading screens, the pointless highlights and I could go on and on. 

FMM is getting less streamlined and more bloated by the update. 

20 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

frankly found the training irritating, so just let my assistant do it. There do seem to some contradictory messages, some more that can be done by SI...

I agree with this point yet this is 100% an issue! It's a new feature people are picking not to use which isn't a good thing at all! This is the type of stuff I've been going on about! This is the type of stuff that needs addressing before adding new features and tbh this relates with the conditioning issues massively. 

11 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Oh yeah, forgot to say: With the pre-winter version I could play closing down all over in every game, but I can't now because their condition drains way too low and can't recover... So it's not just a text thing. There is actual behavioural changes in the game. I guess you could argue that having a condition of 64% is just a text thing too, but... well at that point the whole thing is just a text thing and I may well pack it in... 

Like I said SI are dictating how we play. 

Tried rolling back and have 10.1.3 again, but the save games aren't compatible, so I'll have to start over if I stay with 10.1.3... Dilemma!

I’ve been playing FMM18 and I can’t believe how much more fun it is. Baffles me why I used to get so frustrated with that game. Literally the only thing from FMM19 I’m missing is the training set up (but player progression is infinitely more fun) and the user interface looks slightly dated. It motivated me to crank up my old pc aswell so I can download all the facepacks etc and the summer 18 transfer update. Does anyone know if I can download a new custom interface anywhere?

Ive come to point with FMM19 where I think it’s just pointless even discussing it anymore. Things won’t get changed and I’ve lost all faith in the developing of the game and certain parts of its community. I’m starting to wonder what people’s agendas are for arguing on a daily basis about something they are happy with. It goes against basic human psychological traits so I’m genuinely starting to question what those hidden agendas are. 

6 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

I've come to point with FMM19 where I think it’s just pointless even discussing it anymore. Things won’t get changed and I’ve lost all faith in the developing of the game and certain parts of its community. I’m starting to wonder what people’s agendas are for arguing on a daily basis about something they are happy with. It goes against basic human psychological traits so I’m genuinely starting to question what those hidden agendas are. 

While I do admit that the whole discussion is starting to sound repetitive and pointless, I don't think its entirely useless yet. 

And there are no hidden agendas here, you might be getting slightly paranoid here... We are only debating and arguing back and forth because we are genuinely not 100% happy with the game in it's current state. 

2 minutes ago, RPA123456 said:

While I do admit that the whole discussion is starting to sound repetitive and pointless, I don't think its entirely useless yet. 

And there are no hidden agendas here, you might be getting slightly paranoid here... We are only debating and arguing back and forth because we are genuinely not 100% happy with the game in it's current state. 

I understand people who, like me, hate the current update arguing. That’s a very normal human behaviour but people who are happy usually don’t spend their time arguing with people about their happiness, they accept they are happy and move on. What I’m saying is the same 2-3 people coming on here on a daily basis to argue about how happy they are and about how there isn’t a problem just doesn’t seem genuine to me. It’s not a natural thing to do.  As humans we just get on and accept the status quo not continually argue about it unless ofc there are hidden agendas involved.

7 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

I understand people who, like me, hate the current update arguing. That’s a very normal human behaviour but people who are happy usually don’t spend their time arguing with people about their happiness, they accept they are happy and move on. What I’m saying is the same 2-3 people coming on here on a daily basis to argue about how happy they are and about how there isn’t a problem just doesn’t seem genuine to me. It’s not a natural thing to do.  As humans we just get on and accept the status quo not continually argue about it unless ofc there are hidden agendas involved.

They just want to be heard as they don't want it changed back I assume. 

Edited by Ashez
13 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Nah I just don't want to be voiceless. Because if people like me, Mr Tree and Dean don't speak out then SI will just think that everyone 100% hates the update. While in reality the actual split between people who like the update vs those who don't like it is more like 30-70(hell even that number might not be accurate because we don't know what the people who haven't commented think about this whole thing). 

Imagine if there weren't people like me. SI would come on here and just see that everyone hates the update... 

1 minute ago, RPA123456 said:

Nah I just don't want to be voiceless. Because if people like me, Mr Tree and Dean don't speak out then SI will just think that everyone 100% hates the update. While in reality the actual split between people who like the update vs those who don't like it is more like 30-70(hell even that number might not be accurate because we don't know what the people who haven't commented think about this whole thing). 

Imagine if there weren't people like me. SI would come on here and just see that everyone hates the update... 

That was the point I was trying to get across :). You need to speak up so SI have the counter view point. With you lot however SI is on your side so we're the ones battling 😂

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Harry Kane. The guy is a machine when it comes to training (even training when he has time off) but I have often felt he should be rested (or rotated) more. The scenario above could be an example of this. This is just a theory I have but maybe in FMM, this means you have a player who wants to improve and push themselves to the limit but is also risking their fitness. The "needs a rest" could be a coaching judgement whereas the "wants a heavier training schedule" is a player request.

It would be interesting to know what personality type they have i.e. are they a professional type?

46 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

I’m starting to wonder what people’s agendas are for arguing on a daily basis about something they are happy with. It goes against basic human psychological traits so I’m genuinely starting to question what those hidden agendas are.

This is a forum and I'm here to debate. There are no hidden agendas. We aren't here to ruin your life! 

6 minutes ago, RPA123456 said:

Nah I just don't want to be voiceless. Because if people like me, Mr Tree and Dean don't speak out then SI will just think that everyone 100% hates the update.

Exactly.

22 minutes ago, Ashez said:

This as well.

The thing is @LenTheWelsh, there are members of Vibe who, when voicing their opinion, seem to be expressing it in a way that suggests they speak for the whole community - or even every FMM player.

9 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

The thing is @LenTheWelsh, there are members of Vibe who, when voicing their opinion, seem to be expressing it in a way that suggests they speak for the whole community - or even every FMM player.

What a daft statement.

If you decided to read any opinion like that that's on you, anyone who shares their opinion is sharing their opinion. You even say that yourself yet apparently they speak for everyone at the same time?

Anyone can post their opinion, that text box is there for anyone willing to have their say, that's the entire point. Some speak louder than others and some people attract more support but that's the nature of a debate.

@Lillywhite Dean I’ve been following a lot of your issues with FMM that you have posted to the SI forum over the years and I think this conditioning thing is the first time I’ve not agreed with tbf and I totally understand your interest in it as, like Ive said previously, it’s something you’ve been pushing for for a while so ofc you have a vested interest in this. 

14 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I agree with this aswell. I’ve been making an effort recently to make sure what I write is clearly just my opinion.

Why doesn’t one of the mods make a pinned thread with a poll to see where we’re at in terms of numbers for and against. Maybe use the straw poll site instead of an imbedded poll to get a bigger vote (as so many vibe users lurk as guests). Strawpoll.com is a good one to use as it’s pretty decent at stopping multiple votes from the same IP address.