Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help How to handle players who are not training well

Hi,

I’ve read through some of the guides on the new training in FMM2019 and there is some good tips there so thanks for that. 

However, I haven’t been able to find any information on what people do when a player is not training hard enough. 

E.g. on the individual players training screen:

”Assistant manager ... indicates that ... hasn’t been training particularly well recently.”

”Assistant manager ... has concerns about ... current attitude to training.”

Does anybody have any advice how to get them training better?

im currently playing as AFC Telford in the Vanorama National League North after starting a career game as unemployed. So the club is only semi-pro and I don’t have much in the way of resources and I’m seen as being an inexperienced manager. 

I haven’t found any options in the player interactions to comment on their poor training. So what do I do?

Discipline them for poor performance? This seems more about match performance than general performance.

Increase their training intensity to try to force them to train harder?

Demote them to the reserves until their attitude improves?

Cut my losses and sell them?

Or just put up with it as I already have a limited squad and no funds to bring in new players?

Any help/advice is much appreciated 👍🏻

My experience of this is, which I’ve got zero idea if I’m right or not but it works for me, a player who has these sorts of messages is either unhappy about something or is an just a pain arse trouble maker. See if he’s happy with his training, is his playing time matching up with his squad status, is he even happy with his squad status. A quick fix sometimes can be offering a new contract or more playing time and if he’s happy with his training and those other two things don’t work then maybe it’s time to just move him on. 

Usually, the players that these messages refer too are troublemakers. Poor personality with horrible hidden stats. I usually cut my losses on them

11 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Usually, the players that these messages refer too are troublemakers. Poor personality with horrible hidden stats. I usually cut my losses on them

I think you may be right, @Nucleus. The players who are showing a poor attitude to training pretty much all have “selfish player” listed in their negatives on the coach report screen. And two of them are unhappy with “has no faith in his manager” as the reason. 

Although one of the players is listed as tired so I’ve put his training intensity down to low for the time being and try to give him a rest from matches too and see if that helps. 

Biggest pain in the arse I ever managed is Isaac Success with a relaxed personality. Literally had to sell that dude after 2 months 😂