Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Article Opinion: What Is The Point of FMM?

16 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

People are drawn to FMM because it's a football strategy game. Strategy games are, by their design, challenging.

Again, that is your opinion. I’m drawn to FMM as it helps me unwind and is not too realistic or difficult. A lot of people on here are the same.

11 minutes ago, Rob said:

Again, that is your opinion. I’m drawn to FMM as it helps me unwind and is not too realistic or difficult. A lot of people on here are the same.

FMM is a strategy game. It has been designed to be a strategy game. That isn't opinion, that's fact.

Strategy games can help you unwind and they can vary in their difficulty but like a puzzle, it offers the player a challenge.

11 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

FMM is a strategy game. It has been designed to be a strategy game. That isn't opinion, that's fact.

Strategy games can help you unwind and they can vary in their difficulty but like a puzzle, it offers the player a challenge.

Stop stating opinion as fact and then trying to reinforce it by stating it again. As a means of debate it fails miserably and makes you look dictatorial. Read some of the other people in this thread for examples of well-balanced and reasoned debate.

Yet there are hundreds of people each year that moan the game is too difficult for them, admittedly if you know what you're doing the game can be pretty easy but realism doesn't change that, realism makes you realise FMM is intended as a casual game so it should be accessible to everyone, that's exactly why it's made for phones to make it as accessible as possible. You also can't escape the fact one of the main reasons Vibe is here is to help lost players and our tactics forums blow up every single year. 

That's why instead of bitching and moaning I try to come up with casual friendly solutions to issues I think the game has, like keeping the current roles but by having customising options, or my detailed theory of how to handle set pieces in the game. Personal I think the new training system went a tad too hard-core as that's some big system for casual fans but that's my opinion. 

FMM is built to be a gateway to the other titles in the series, that’s where the diffficulty spikes. I very much doubt that a poor FMM player would fancy his chances on FMT or FM, therefore FMM is challenging for said player. Then you have a good FMM player who is looking for more difficulty, he probably fancies his chances on the other titles in the series, so what does he do? He goes out and buys them! Imagine that! He’s happy, and SI are super happy because they’ve just gained a new player on a more expensive title in the series. 

Thats my logic behind it anyway 😂

4 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

FMM is built to be a gateway to the other titles in the series, that’s where the diffficulty spikes. I very much doubt that a poor FMM player would fancy his chances on FMT or FM, therefore FMM is challenging for said player. Then you have a good FMM player who is looking for more difficulty, he probably fancies his chances on the other titles in the series, so what does he do? He goes out and buys them! Imagine that! He’s happy, and SI are super happy because they’ve just gained a new player on a more expensive title in the series. 

Thats my logic behind it anyway 😂

It also works in reverse with players like @Foxy wanting to downgrade the experience. 

The one single appeal of FMT to me is I wonder how I'd get on, that's the one draw! So it's fair to say the approach works lol. 

5 minutes ago, Ashez said:

It also works in reverse with players like @Foxy wanting to downgrade the experience. 

The one single appeal of FMT to me is I wonder how I'd get on, that's the one draw! So it's fair to say the approach works lol. 

Agreed :) 

Yes that’s exactly what I felt. I hadn’t played the full version since 2010 I believe so i fancied taking my chances after learning so much from FMM!

Those people that dive in to the full game with no experience are mental tbh!

6 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

that’s where the diffficulty spikes

I don’t 100% agree on FMT and FM upping the difficulty so much as they just up the detail.

Just like with FMM once you know what you are doing in terms of tactics and transfers they aren’t that hard to do well in. Many in the PC community have made huge complaints about the ME this year for various reasons and there are plenty of exploits in terms of tactics and set pieces that can be used if that’s what you want to do.

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

I don’t 100% agree on FMT and FM upping the difficulty so much as they just up the detail.

Just like with FMM once you know what you are doing in terms of tactics and transfers they aren’t that hard to do well in. Many in the PC community have made huge complaints about the ME this year for various reasons and there are plenty of exploits in terms of tactics and set pieces that can be used if that’s what you want to do.

Tbf I've been put off or intimidated with certain RPGs that just throw systems and details at you so I would say overwhelming is a type of difficulty. 

47 minutes ago, Rob said:

Stop stating opinion as fact and then trying to reinforce it by stating it again. As a means of debate it fails miserably and makes you look dictatorial. Read some of the other people in this thread for examples of well-balanced and reasoned debate.

FMM is clearly a strategy game. I don't know why you would have such an issue with this.

And just because you disagree with me, that doesn't automatically make me dictatorial.

Best we just leave it as agree to disagree.

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Tbf I've been put off or intimidated with certain RPGs that just throw systems and details at you so I would say overwhelming is a type of difficulty. 

I can see that and especially after years of FMH/FMM but it never felt that way when you just updated the game each year as the detail has been increased in increments over the years.

What drew me into FMM when I downloaded it as a bit I fun on a holiday was the stripped down nature of the game and it made me realise just how bloated the PC version was. 

I would actually say I play FMM in a pretty similar way to PC as it’s squad building that I enjoy the most and that is so much quicker on FMM.

The Vibe challenges and the creativity that has brought out in me at times has been a massive bonus to the whole experience.

2 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

FMM is clearly a strategy game. I don't know why you would have such an issue with this.

And just because you disagree with me, that doesn't automatically make me dictatorial.

Best we just leave it as agree to disagree.

If I’m not mistaken, strategy games too have different levels of difficulty? Or are you assuming that just because it’s a “strategy” game it has to be difficult? 

I think of it as a puzzle game more than a strategy game tbh

4 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

If I’m not mistaken, strategy games too have different levels of difficulty? Or are you assuming that just because it’s a “strategy” game it has to be difficult? 

I think of it as a puzzle game more than a strategy game tbh

Yes exactly. I agree with you. I made the same point in an earlier post.

Edited by Lillywhite Dean

When I last played the full FM game which I think was 2016 there were a good few flaws in the ME and most successful tactics involved most goals coming from crosses to the far post from your full back/wing back resulting in a tap in for the opposite winger.

I wouldn’t call myself a very good player on FMM and I did fine FM, ok not as much success quickly but I always got there in the end and once you strip both games back they’re largely just based on player attributes at end of the day. 

On 13/03/2019 at 03:47, Marc Vaughan said:

FMM has always been to find the sort of level of detail and balance we've had in the earlier days of our games, feeling realistic but fast and more fun arguably than our current PC products.

I quote the big man himself. This to me sums up what FMM should be. Realistic and fun.

Edited by Lillywhite Dean
1 minute ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I quote the big man himself. This to me sums up what FMM should be. Realistic and fun.

The early CM games were similar to FMM though that they were pretty easy and full of unrealistic exploit tactics. The classic ones being man marking the GK resulting in a shit ton of goals for your striker or the near unbeatable Diablo (I think it was called) tactic. 

16 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

As he said, he wants to get back there which means it hasn’t been at that state for a while. It is that state, where it isn’t too realistic, that a lot of us enjoy. We don’t want it to ‘return’ to what it supposedly once was.

We can talk about realism all we want, but I’m fairly sure realism disappears even before we load the game when we all acknowledge we aren’t actually real life football managers.

added 0 minutes later
11 minutes ago, Foxy said:

The early CM games were similar to FMM though that they were pretty easy and full of unrealistic exploit tactics. The classic ones being man marking the GK resulting in a shit ton of goals for your striker or the near unbeatable Diablo (I think it was called) tactic. 

Diablo! Now THAT is a tactic. If someone could create a modern day version of that...

Edited by Rob
3 minutes ago, Rob said:

when we all acknowledge was aren’t actually real life football managers.

Speak for yourself! 😛

8 minutes ago, Rob said:

We can talk about realism all we want, but I’m fairly sure realism disappears even before we load the game when we all acknowledge was aren’t actually real life football managers.

I know and when it comes to team talks and press conferences I always wondered how it was supposed to be classed as anything remotely realistic. How can you replicate the experience of doing a team talk or a press conference whilst sitting wherever with your device. 

Anyway I better back off now as I’m going off the original topic.

2 minutes ago, 1759 said:

I know and when it comes to team talks and press conferences I always wondered how it was supposed to be classed as anything remotely realistic. How can you replicate the experience of doing a team talk or a press conference whilst sitting wherever with your device. 

Anyway I better back off now as I’m going off the original topic.

Totally agree, and you aren’t going off-topic. This topic is about opinions, of which we all have differing and it is fascinating to read them (regardless of whether some are more dictatorial than others).

8 minutes ago, Rob said:

We can talk about realism all we want, but I’m fairly sure realism disappears even before we load the game when we all acknowledge was aren’t actually real life football managers.

Of course we're not real life football managers, just as WoW players know they aren't really elves or orcs. But we play these games because it's the closest we're ever going to get to that world.

2 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Of course we're not real life football managers, just as WoW players know they aren't really elves or orcs. But we play these games because it's the closest we're ever going to get to that world.

Wouldn’t FMT bring you closer than FMM though?

3 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Wouldn’t FMT bring you closer than FMM though?

Maybe. Probably yes. I used to play FMT but I prefer playing on my mobile device as it's easier to transport on my commute. I also like the speedy nature of progressing through the seasons on FMM compared to FMT 

13 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I coached ladsndads under 10's for 2 years....is that close enough? 😊

7 minutes ago, Woody said:

I coached ladsndads under 10's for 2 years....is that close enough? 😊

Did you wear a tracksuit or were you suited and booted 😂

13 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Maybe. Probably yes. I used to play FMT but I prefer playing on my mobile device as it's easier to transport on my commute. I also like the speedy nature of progressing through the seasons on FMM compared to FMT 

Sounds like you need your very own version placed in between FMM & FMT 😜

2 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

I would honestly love that. If I win the euro millions rollover, I'm buying SI 😉

16 minutes ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Spot on. Or different settings.

12 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I would honestly love that. If I win the euro millions rollover, I'm buying SI 😉

Please don't buy a ticket 😛😂