Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Article Opinion: What Is The Point of FMM?

20 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

Did you wear a tracksuit or were you suited and booted ๐Ÿ˜‚

Tracksuit a la Tony Pulis ๐Ÿ˜†

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

The early CM games were similar to FMM though that they were pretty easy and full of unrealistic exploit tactics. The classic onesย being man marking the GK resulting in a shit ton of goals for your striker or the near unbeatable Diablo (I think it was called) tactic.ย 

Ahhh the Diablo. The single CM with the long arrow pointing all the way to the goal.

Absolutely priceless memories ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Anyone have a link to this Diablo?ย 

@Robย challenge has me intrigued so while I have no idea what it is if @Foxydoes it might be a laugh ๐Ÿ˜›

Loads of google picks of it Ash.

It was a 4-1-3-2ย  with wide midfielders....its wierd bcus im looking into it too ๐Ÿ˜†

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

Anyone have a link to this Diablo?ย 

@Robย challenge has me intrigued so while I have no idea what it is if @Foxydoes it might be a laugh ๐Ÿ˜›

It was a 4132 formation. The central midfielder had a forward run arrow to go between both strikers and it was a massive bug in the game that he wouldnโ€™t be picked up by the opposition. People were scoring 100+ goals a season with the CM ๐Ÿ˜‚

20 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

I would honestly love that. If I win the euro millions rollover, I'm buying SI ๐Ÿ˜‰

Iโ€™d rather you buy the Mighty Spursย and sign us a player instead.

6 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

A11D3C31-FEEA-4757-B229-2B607409F673.jpeg.dd51d1d89d6e4c9d5690b0577d453e07.jpeg

Everything I've seen from it suggests you need a good DMC....That's done then ๐Ÿ˜‚

Can't find much info on how it played though, just wide and ultra attacking

2 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Everything I've seen from it suggests you need a good DMC....That's done then ๐Ÿ˜‚

Can't find much info on how it played though, just wide and ultra attacking

It required the strikers to drift wide, pulling the cbโ€™s with them. An instruction we can no longer implement. It would require a new CM role which we donโ€™t have too. B2B wouldnโ€™t be any good for this and itโ€™s the closest role we have to imitate this in the slightest!ย 

15 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

It required the strikers to drift wide, pulling the cbโ€™s with them. An instruction we can no longer implement. It would require a new CM role which we donโ€™t have too. B2B wouldnโ€™t be any good for this and itโ€™s the closest role we have to imitate this in the slightest!ย 

We'll see, hasn't caught my interest as much as I hoped tbf but I disagree with your assessment ๐Ÿ˜›

11 minutes ago, samhardy said:

That would be a piece of cake to replicate on PSP. The image has actually brought me crushing depression tbh.

That was my first thought

Edited by Ashez
3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

We'll see, hasn't caught my interest as much as I hoped tbf but I disagree with your assessment ๐Ÿ˜›

That was my first thought

End of the day it wasnโ€™t the best tactic ever created. It simply exploited a game breaking bug ๐Ÿ˜‚ I personally like to think thereโ€™s always a way to โ€œbreakโ€ the game in one way or the other

15 minutes ago, samhardy said:

That would be a piece of cake to replicate on PSP. The image has actually brought me crushing depression tbh.

It would have probably worked a treat on the PSP as well as I bet it was the same ME as the late 90โ€™s early 00โ€™sย CMโ€™s that the Diablo worked so well on.

1 hour ago, Foxy said:

It would have probably worked a treat on the PSP as well as I bet it was the same ME as the late 90โ€™s early 00โ€™sย CMโ€™s that the Diablo worked so well on.

The PSP was the same match engine which was evolved into the OME which is still within the FMM game (in case any of you are old enough to remember it was an evolution of the original CM3 one), the EME in FMM is one of the earlier FM match engines with some refinements to make it nippierย ...

Just now, Marc Vaughan said:

The PSP was the same match engine which was evolved into the OME which is still within the FMM game (in case any of you are old enough to remember it was an evolution of the original CM3 one), the EME in FMM is one of the earlier FM match engines with some refinements to make it nippierย ...

Everyone runs to look up old FM exploits ๐Ÿ˜‚

Cultured article @Foxyย yes and I also think we need more player roles just like laptop version and better transition plays.

ย โ˜ ๏ธthis emoji is a mistake

I was just reading this article about how FM has evolved over the years and got more and more realistic and at least in the writers view less and less fun.

https://www.otbfootball.net/the-simulated-world-of-football-management/

One paragraph really stuck out for me and I think sums up why I moved from playing PC to Mobile. I also think it is very relevant to the current debates that have been going on.

I, like many of you, have probably bought the latest releases of Football Manager, but are they fun? To me, they are not. Allow me to explain, in trying to create what they see as being the perfect Football Manager Simulator; they have forgotten about one crucial thing. It is a game.

ย 

13 minutes ago, Foxy said:

I was just reading this article about how FM has evolved over the years and got more and more realistic and at least in the writers view less and less fun.

https://www.otbfootball.net/the-simulated-world-of-football-management/

One paragraph really stuck out for me and I think sums up why I moved from playing PC to Mobile. I also think it is very relevant to the current debates that have been going on.

I, like many of you, have probably bought the latest releases of Football Manager, but are they fun? To me, they are not. Allow me to explain, in trying to create what they see as being the perfect Football Manager Simulator; they have forgotten about one crucial thing. It is a game.

ย 

Wow i can relate to that so much, if you changed CM to FMH I'd even wonder if I wrote it ๐Ÿ˜‚. He hit the nail completely on the head! FMM has even suffered with the exact same bloody issues!

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Wow i can relate to that so much, if you changed CM to FMH I'd even wonder if I wrote it ๐Ÿ˜‚. He hit the nail completely on the head! FMM has even suffered with the exact same bloody issues!

Letโ€™s pick another paragraph.

To me he has perfectly summed up what FMM is and should be here. There is a place for the full fat game if thatโ€™s how you get you kicks but this paragraph for me sums up what I was trying to say in this article.

Where do we go from here? Letโ€™s start at the very basics, these are games โ€“ and games are meant to be fun. Focus the game on the enjoyment feature, build around the already expansive database โ€“ and improve the match engine. The game should be simple. Pick a team, select formation, select style of play, instruct players and off you go โ€“ go back to the days of 5-10 matches in an hour and a non-rip off transfer market. Make the game enjoyable again.

Just now, Foxy said:

Letโ€™s pick another paragraph.

To me he has perfectly summed up what FMM is and should be here. There is a place for the full fat game if thatโ€™s how you get you kicks but this paragraph for me sums up what I was trying to say in this article.

Where do we go from here? Letโ€™s start at the very basics, these are games โ€“ and games are meant to be fun. Focus the game on the enjoyment feature, build around the already expansive database โ€“ and improve the match engine. The game should be simple. Pick a team, select formation, select style of play, instruct players and off you go โ€“ go back to the days of 5-10 matches in an hour and a non-rip off transfer market. Make the game enjoyable again.

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

I enjoyed the 3D match engine rant alot, that's basically my views towards the EME and the issues it's brought with it. Why do we need feature rich dots when the tactics are meh..

On 12/03/2019 at 04:32, Foxy said:

I personally think FMM can be broken into 3 elements, transfers, tactic and matches๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ.

This is a recurring topic that seemingly only the minority of FMM players side with. Judging from FMM's evolutionary path the main focus is being laid on the countless side aspects of the game either because the 3 core aspects you mentioned are "good enough" as is or because it's what the deciding majority cries for.ย 

Nothing wrong with adding these extras per se but if it goes at the expense of the core aspectsย squad management/transfers, tactics, matchย then clearly the developers' vision for the game got corrupt somewhere along the way. Whether those decisions were made from a business perspective or not, neglecting the core aspects will sooner or later affect the success and future of the game.

Anyways, I've said my piece before and I'm not here to repeat myself year after year. I'll enjoy the game one way or another since there's imo no worthy competitor available and I'll make the most of the features I value most in FMM. The excitement of upcoming transfer windows for squad reinforments, new or upgraded tactics and the matchdays themselves, along with the many excellent challenges available on this site, forever nurture that itch I got for the game.ย 

I was a gamer long before it butย I started in FMM2014. Used to play FIFA before.ย Still do now for online but in terms of FM, Iย loved the game straight away, how you could build a team, develop youth, play games tactically, rather than just spam pace like fifa, it felt the most similar you could get to irl football