Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Article Opinion: What Is The Point of FMM?

Hi all. I know this is quite an old article but I've only recently signed up to the forum and have been busy reading the various forum posts. Thought I would add how I see FMM.

I own both FM19 and FMM19. I enjoy playing both, but for different reasons.

FM19 is intense. The detail in the game is ridiculous! I need a good 2 hours spare to even contemplate playing it, and that usually sees me advance a week or so (e.g. a couple of matches). Progress is slow but it doesn't bother me (although sometimes I wish I could just skip everything and play the next game).

FMM19 on the other hand is my goto game in every other situation - ha! I love the ease of playing game after game in quick succession. It has just the right level of detail to feel you have a football management sim in your hands but still allows you to make good progress through a season. And yes I also love the 'level up' RPG style player development! I'll happily play it for 2 hours at a time. It doesn't make my brain ache like FM19 does either!

Finally, with a wife, 2 year old son and crazy dog to deal with, I still easily find time to play FMM19, but my FM19 playtime requires a bit more pre-planning.

I'll be buying FMM20 for my iPad (FMM19 is on my Samsung phone) but I will probably not buy another 'full fat' version just because I've barely scratched the surface of FM19.

Maybe one day I'll even attempt one of the many challenges that get posted!

4 hours ago, omen_peter said:

Maybe one day I'll even attempt one of the many challenges that get posted

Looking foward to that

12 hours ago, omen_peter said:

Hi all. I know this is quite an old article but I've only recently signed up to the forum and have been busy reading the various forum posts. Thought I would add how I see FMM.

I own both FM19 and FMM19. I enjoy playing both, but for different reasons.

FM19 is intense. The detail in the game is ridiculous! I need a good 2 hours spare to even contemplate playing it, and that usually sees me advance a week or so (e.g. a couple of matches). Progress is slow but it doesn't bother me (although sometimes I wish I could just skip everything and play the next game).

FMM19 on the other hand is my goto game in every other situation - ha! I love the ease of playing game after game in quick succession. It has just the right level of detail to feel you have a football management sim in your hands but still allows you to make good progress through a season. And yes I also love the 'level up' RPG style player development! I'll happily play it for 2 hours at a time. It doesn't make my brain ache like FM19 does either!

Finally, with a wife, 2 year old son and crazy dog to deal with, I still easily find time to play FMM19, but my FM19 playtime requires a bit more pre-planning.

I'll be buying FMM20 for my iPad (FMM19 is on my Samsung phone) but I will probably not buy another 'full fat' version just because I've barely scratched the surface of FM19.

Maybe one day I'll even attempt one of the many challenges that get posted!

I can relate to lots you're saying. I don't dislike the fat version per se, I did enjoy playing it my way back in the day, but my life is simply too busy now. I can't have a proper sit down without being disturbed within minutes, so FMM is absolutely ideal to play on the go. 

exactly - Peter nails it for me. i actually fell out of love with the full-fat series because it became too damn complicated - people demanding more and more realism leading to the inevitable conclusion that a season would take a year to play ;)

love FMM for the ability to load up within a minute and bang out a few quick games - fills time perfectly :)

18 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

exactly - Peter nails it for me. i actually fell out of love with the full-fat series because it became too damn complicated - people demanding more and more realism leading to the inevitable conclusion that a season would take a year to play ;)

love FMM for the ability to load up within a minute and bang out a few quick games - fills time perfectly :)

Exactly the case for me. First of all, i don't have a lappie that can actually run the full phat version normally and second in my nation, it costs hell of a lot so i had never played it. I am actually only two years into the series with my baptism starting with FMM 18. After i discovered this wonderful community, then i decided to buy FMM 18 and that's how it all began.