Jump to content
FMM Vibe
  • Sign Up
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
1759

Hi, I’m 1759

Recommended Posts

Hi Vibe,

I totally missed this thread or I would’ve posted this earlier. Anyway my name is Ian and I currently live in Washington, Tyne & Wear with my partner Susan and our little Pug called Teddy. I originate from Seahouses which is a small fishing village in Northumberland so I always consider myself Northumbrian.

I worked a number of jobs growing up in Seahouses. One as a waiter, another as a kitchen assistant in a rather posh restaurant and then as a fish frier in a local fish and chip shop. I went to university in Leeds to study Multimedia Technilogy and enjoyed most of it and I continued to work at the chip shop during the holidays. I was big into fitness at that time and was rather fit for a few years as I enjoyed boxing training but I actually suffer for it now with a few minor little injuries and niggles. 

When I graduated from University in 2009 my dad who was a fisherman needed somebody to help him on the boat so I helped him for the summer and never really left. We took angling trips out of Seahouses and whilst it was a nice way of life and very enjoyable we could only really sustain it due to the fact my parents had already paid the mortgage off the house.

Anyway my dad became unwell a few years ago and we found out he had lung cancer and it was inoperable and that’s enough on that. I could’ve continued on with the boat on my own but decided I wanted to move to live with my partner Susan in Washington. 

I’m man enough to admit that I struggled for a good while after my dad died and the fact I worked with him and lived with him meant we were very close. Anyway that’s that. We sold the boat and I got a little inheritance and I now live with Susan who is an Advanced Nurse Practitioner. I’m not currently working but I plan to do something soon, probably after the summer.

I first started supporting Liverpool in the early 90’s when I was little and most would now call me a glory hunter but I always so the opposite. Most of my friends at school supported either Liverpool, Man Utd, Leeds, Nottingham Forest etc and then Newcastle found a bit of success under Keegan and they all jumped ship but I stayed with Liverpool. If I was from Newcastle or Sunderland then I’m sure I’d have supported one of those but technically my local team is Berwick Rangers. I still follow both Newcastle and Sunderland as secondary teams and really miss the derby’s.

I played the original Championship Manager games back in the 90’s off and on at friends houses as I didn’t have a computer. I think 2000/01 was the first one I owned and I played it to death. I played CM/FM off and on all the way up to 2009 and then played 2015 and 16 but it wasn’t the same as the time investment was too much for me to enjoy it.

I decided to give the mobile game a go for the 2018 edition and although there were a lot of little bugs I rather enjoyed it. I browsed the site a lot last year and after getting the 2019 game I decided to post a few careers. 

Anyway that’s all from me for now.

Bye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to finally hear more about you mate. You’ve been a valuable member so far this year and I’m very much looking forward to hearing more from you :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to know more about you mate, I'm calling you Ian from now on as it doesn't seem right labelling you as a number :P

I grew up in Penshaw and went to school in Washington so I know it very very well :) Which part?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Nice to finally hear more about you mate. You’ve been a valuable member so far this year and I’m very much looking forward to hearing more from you :) 

Thank you, I really enjoy vibe and it makes the game much more enjoyable with all the challenges and stuff and the community.

11 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Props for sticking with the greatest team ever mate 😎

Yes I have a big love for Liverpool, always did from the get go for some reason and there was no way I was switching.😀

8 minutes ago, samhardy said:

Nice to know more about you mate, I'm calling you Ian from now on as it doesn't seem right labelling you as a number :P

I grew up in Penshaw and went to school in Washington so I know it very very well :) Which part?

Yeah I just picked 1759 when I set my account up, it’s after one of the old Guinness adverts! We live at Lambton but I’m not sure on what area that is tbh. Oxclose and Ayton are nearby also and the Galleries Shopping Centre is about 1 and half miles away. I’ll ask Susan later on when she gets in if you don’t know where I mean.😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to hear a bit more about you fella.

Sorry to hear about your dad that must have been rough, my missus lost here dad 2 years ago and I know how long in takes to come to terms with something like that. Hopefully now you and your partner are living together life is on the up for you 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Great to hear a bit more about you fella.

Sorry to hear about your dad that must have been rough, my missus lost here dad 2 years ago and I know how long in takes to come to terms with something like that. Hopefully now you and your partner are living together life is on the up for you 🙂

Yeah that’s one of the shitty things about life but suppose we just have to get on with things. Largely ok now though and enjoying life with Susan.🙂

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Always nice to hear more about the people behind the account :)

Favourite Liverpool players?

When I first started supporting them it was Fowler and Mcmanaman and even though Barnes wasn’t the same player he was still really slick on the ball and I loved watching him. I remember the two 4-3’s against Newcastle with fondness. Later on obviously Gerrard was the man for a long time but I loved Alonso and Mascherano who were the perfect blend of on the ball quality and bastardliness I think I’ll ever see at Liverpool. Shame Mascherano refused to play at the end to force his move but I forgive him. Suarez was the ultimate player that you love if he plays for you but hate if he’s against you and now I love the front three but especially the big sexy beast at the back in Virgil who I think may be the best defender I’ve ever seen. I think I’m going to really like Fabinho too but it’s not at that stage quite yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, 1759 said:

We live at Lambton but I’m not sure on what area that is tbh. Oxclose and Ayton are nearby also and the Galleries Shopping Centre is about 1 and half miles away. I’ll ask Susan later on when she gets in if you don’t know where I mean.

I know exactly where you mean ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I know exactly where you mean ;)

Yeah I was going to say before I know Penshaw too as we often walk the dog there and at Herrington Park.😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1759 said:

Yeah that’s one of the shitty things about life but suppose we just have to get on with things. Largely ok now though and enjoying life with Susan.🙂

When I first started supporting them it was Fowler and Mcmanaman and even though Barnes wasn’t the same player he was still really slick on the ball and I loved watching him. I remember the two 4-3’s against Newcastle with fondness. Later on obviously Gerrard was the man for a long time but I loved Alonso and Mascherano who were the perfect blend of on the ball quality and bastardliness I think I’ll ever see at Liverpool. Shame Mascherano refused to play at the end to force his move but I forgive him. Suarez was the ultimate player that you love if he plays for you but hate if he’s against you and now I love the front three but especially the big sexy beast at the back in Virgil who I think may be the best defender I’ve ever seen. I think I’m going to really like Fabinho too but it’s not at that stage quite yet.

No Fernando?! 😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ashez said:

No Fernando?! 😮

Oh yes forgot to mention him, largely unplayable for a couple of seasons just a shame injuries hit him hard. I went to a few games at Anfield during those years but most were cup games and I never actually got to see him which was a shame. Most frustrating player has to be Collymore as he had absolutely everything to become an absolute beast. Also Michael Owen is often overlooked mainly due to him going to United but he was fantastic for us tbh. Big Sami Hyypia was quality even if he lacked pace and had a soft spot for Luis Garcia as always fancied him to score in a big game. Some great players we’ve had when I think about it over the years since I started supporting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pleased to meet you.

Its nice to put a name to the number.

Family tragedy's suck ass and i'm sure there are more of us on here that have felt your pain. 

Im sure your dads proud of you.

Welcome to our crazy world mate its going to fun 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 1759 said:

Oh yes forgot to mention him, largely unplayable for a couple of seasons just a shame injuries hit him hard. I went to a few games at Anfield during those years but most were cup games and I never actually got to see him which was a shame. Most frustrating player has to be Collymore as he had absolutely everything to become an absolute beast. Also Michael Owen is often overlooked mainly due to him going to United but he was fantastic for us tbh. Big Sami Hyypia was quality even if he lacked pace and had a soft spot for Luis Garcia as always fancied him to score in a big game. Some great players we’ve had when I think about it over the years since I started supporting. 

I got into football around Rafa, I remember parts before that but nothing super clear tbf. So my favourites were alot of his lads like Agger, Aurelio and the ones you mentioned but Torres was my first and only footballing love, I've never felt the same about anyone as he hurt me so bad lmao, I dunno I could never love Suarez or Salah, amazing players but not Torres. 

This current squad is likely my favourite ever though, it's just brilliant with great talent and decent lads, VVD is immense, Fabinho is the player we needed since Macherano left and arguably looks better, Robbo is a machine even if he never stops a cross, Becker I believe in, then the front three is perfection. Bobby might be my favourite though, he's just unique and top draw. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Woody said:

Pleased to meet you.

Its nice to put a name to the number.

Family tragedy's suck ass and i'm sure there are more of us on here that have felt your pain. 

Im sure your dads proud of you.

Welcome to our crazy world mate its going to fun 😆

Thank you for friend, yes it sucks and I’m sure many have gone through similar stuff. 

It will certainly be fun.😀

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I got into football around Rafa, I remember parts before that but nothing super clear tbf. So my favourites were alot of his lads like Agger, Aurelio and the ones you mentioned but Torres was my first and only footballing love, I've never felt the same about anyone as he hurt me so bad lmao, I dunno I could never love Suarez or Salah, amazing players but not Torres. 

This current squad is likely my favourite ever though, it's just brilliant with great talent and decent lads, VVD is immense, Fabinho is the player we needed since Macherano left and arguably looks better, Robbo is a machine even if he never stops a cross, Becker I believe in, then the front three is perfection. Bobby might be my favourite though, he's just unique and top draw. 

Yes I was the same with Torres and it’s actually hard to believe he was only with us for three and a half years. I know it’s a decent amount of time but it felt a lot longer than that tbh. Aurelio was class and again just a shame he suffered a lot of injuries. I think the current squad is only lacking something in midfield. Maybe a creator or someone like Ox who can dribble the ball forward and I thought Keita was going to be that player but just hasn’t happened for him yet but it might yet as I think he’s a confidence player. Bobby is a class act and Klopp has done really well with him as Brendan couldn’t get anything at all out of him which actually made me think he was shite for a bit. I think the key is that he needs freedom and room and I don’t think he plays well if he’s up top with a ten behind him or as a ten with a nine in front and he’s not as good out wide which is where Brendan often tried to play him iirc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 1759 said:

Hi Vibe,

I totally missed this thread or I would’ve posted this earlier. Anyway my name is Ian and I currently live in Washington, Tyne & Wear with my partner Susan and our little Pug called Teddy. I originate from Seahouses which is a small fishing village in Northumberland so I always consider myself Northumbrian.

I worked a number of jobs growing up in Seahouses. One as a waiter, another as a kitchen assistant in a rather posh restaurant and then as a fish frier in a local fish and chip shop. I went to university in Leeds to study Multimedia Technilogy and enjoyed most of it and I continued to work at the chip shop during the holidays. I was big into fitness at that time and was rather fit for a few years as I enjoyed boxing training but I actually suffer for it now with a few minor little injuries and niggles. 

AdChoices
ADVERTISING

When I graduated from University in 2009 my dad who was a fisherman needed somebody to help him on the boat so I helped him for the summer and never really left. We took angling trips out of Seahouses and whilst it was a nice way of life and very enjoyable we could only really sustain it due to the fact my parents had already paid the mortgage off the house.

Anyway my dad became unwell a few years ago and we found out he had lung cancer and it was inoperable and that’s enough on that. I could’ve continued on with the boat on my own but decided I wanted to move to live with my partner Susan in Washington. 

I’m man enough to admit that I struggled for a good while after my dad died and the fact I worked with him and lived with him meant we were very close. Anyway that’s that. We sold the boat and I got a little inheritance and I now live with Susan who is an Advanced Nurse Practitioner. I’m not currently working but I plan to do something soon, probably after the summer.

I first started supporting Liverpool in the early 90’s when I was little and most would now call me a glory hunter but I always so the opposite. Most of my friends at school supported either Liverpool, Man Utd, Leeds, Nottingham Forest etc and then Newcastle found a bit of success under Keegan and they all jumped ship but I stayed with Liverpool. If I was from Newcastle or Sunderland then I’m sure I’d have supported one of those but technically my local team is Berwick Rangers. I still follow both Newcastle and Sunderland as secondary teams and really miss the derby’s.

I played the original Championship Manager games back in the 90’s off and on at friends houses as I didn’t have a computer. I think 2000/01 was the first one I owned and I played it to death. I played CM/FM off and on all the way up to 2009 and then played 2015 and 16 but it wasn’t the same as the time investment was too much for me to enjoy it.

I decided to give the mobile game a go for the 2018 edition and although there were a lot of little bugs I rather enjoyed it. I browsed the site a lot last year and after getting the 2019 game I decided to post a few careers. 

Anyway that’s all from me for now.

Bye

Hi mate like some of the other lads have been saying, nice to know the person behind the account, respect for being man enough to talk about the tragedy and then putting it behind you to be happy with Susan and yeah, sick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×