Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Condition on latest update

PS - Len, I think I understand your frustrations with training a little more and I'll look at further tweaking this going forward .... can't promise you'll love it, but we'll see ;):D

10 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

When you tick over to the next season can you let me know if its sensible from then on in - it should largely 'reset' in the summer unless your players are active in international matches.

Im in september of my 3rd season so will let you know but at the moment majority of my 1st 11 are not recovering faster enough between games, atleast to a level we should expect anyway.

1 minute ago, Woody said:

Im in september of my 3rd season so will let you know but at the moment majority of my 1st 11 are not recovering faster enough between games, atleast to a level we should expect anyway.

Can you get that save game to me at limey.coder@gmail.com? - I'd be happy to take a look.

23 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Hidden Stats - ok I'll reveal one of our 'secrets' there is a jadedness counter which is effectively 'wear and tear' on an individual player, this affects how he recovers during a season slightly, this goes up when he plays matches depending on the amount of exertion he undertakes and goes down over-time at a rate determined by his training/personal stats (it will decrease more slowly if he's doing intensive training for instance or if he's really old and has poor stamina/natural fitness).

The text indicating he is tired was triggering at the cusp of this affecting his recovery rate however from the feedback I'm getting this is scaring people and I think that is understandable as its slightly misleading, he will recover from exertions slightly more slowly but he's not really knackered at that point - because of the feedback I'm getting I'll look at tweaking when this appears so that its a little clearer to people (ie. it'll only appear when he is truly tired rather than when it only has a minor effect on recovery).

It's probably the way you have worded it on the screen that has scared people. If I'm honest I never really pay much attention to that page unless I need to. And most people tend to play formations with attacking mentality and all over press so I'd expect their players to lose fitness much quicker than teams like Man City or Barcelona who play a more controlled style (though I do accept that both these teams do press all over the pitch mostly as well)

The problems I usually find in the game is the scouting system. The scouts are never that good regardless of what scouts you have. You can never have scouts search for a particular type of player or budget and they never seem to find the next superstar before they ARE the next superstar like how Celtic found Virgil van Dijk or Red Bull Salzburg found Sadio Mane, Basel with Mo Salah or Groningen with Luis Suarez for a reasonable fee. 

Also when you are searching for a player you can search his position but not his role in that position like a midfielder who is a ball winning midfielder or a midfielder who plays as a shadow striker etc. I think they would be good things to add.

@Marc Vaughan I do think the game is great for the most part so thank you for all your and your teams hard work.

Why don’t you just change the ‘needs a rest’ notice on the training page to something along the lines of ‘match time starting to affect recovery’ or anything more succinct. We’d know it was just something we should just take a mental note of instead of feeling like we should take action.

1 hour ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Can you get that save game to me at limey.coder@gmail.com? - I'd be happy to take a look.

Will do yes.

I was quite critical of the fitness & conditioning update before the hotfix. After the hotfix I was happy at the middle ground that we seemed to have reached but having now played a full season since then there’s still a few aspects that quite frustrate me:

1) The update still seems really harsh on younger players. I’m constantly seeing the message (on the player profile screen) that my young players are jaded and in need of a rest, despite being rotated, and it’s really frustrating. An example of this is on my current save; I have several 20/21 year olds who are jaded after playing just 7 games at the start of the new season. This isn’t at all realistic.

2) Players being unable to recover to 100% condition still doesn’t seem quite right. I have players who have green Stamina stats but only peak at 96% during the season. What’s causing them to not be able to reach 100% conditioning if they’re rested/rotated with a good Stamina stat? I have no issue playing players on 96% but when they inevitably need rotating it’s frustrating; particularly when there’s no way to tell if a player is going to be able to recover fully between games before you buy them. It’s more understandable at the end of a season as to why this might happen but really shouldn’t be happening at the start of one.

Whilst I’m on this topic... is there any way in future that an update, such as a Winter update, has a full list of patch notes that we can access and analyse? Even EA is going out of their way to explain and detail the fixes/changes they’re making to their games in their updates. I don’t think I’m going to bother updating the game in future until I know exactly how my saves will be impacted.

8 minutes ago, Jack said:

I don’t think I’m going to bother updating the game in future until I know exactly how my saves will be impacted.

The approach 99% of experienced members unfortunately but many of us have been burned, we often wait for the communities response before updating or even buying the game tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

The approach 99% of experienced members unfortunately but many of us have been burned, we often wait for the communities response before updating or even buying the game tbh. 

Ive turned of auto update now(thought i had originally).

Oh well i'm taking mine aswell as many others fisfortune as an aid for the developers to correct issue so i feel like im contributing. Atleast thats what im telling myself as to not pull out what hair i have left. 😕

Whilst I’m on this topic... is there any way in future that an update, such as a Winter update, has a full list of patch notes that we can access and analyse?

In the early days of FMM I used to embed a change list into the games credits area - I'll see if we can't resurrect this going forward (no promises as I don't know if this is something which is flexible or not - I'm not certain why this stopped tbh).

Edited by Marc Vaughan
17 minutes ago, Jack said:

1) The update still seems really harsh on younger players. I’m constantly seeing the message (on the player profile screen) that my young players are jaded and in need of a rest, despite being rotated, and it’s really frustrating. An example of this is on my current save; I have several 20/21 year olds who are jaded after playing just 7 games at the start of the new season. This isn’t at all realistic.

What stamina do these kids have and how thick and fast are these games coming? ... also what condition percentage are they holding when a game comes up? (as mentioned previously the text just means they're recovering slightly more slowly than their optimum, I'm tuning when it appears for a future hot-fix as its obviously worrying a few people seeing it which is perfectly understandable as its somewhat misleading in this regard).

Edited by Marc Vaughan
8 hours ago, HannaH said:

It's probably the way you have worded it on the screen that has scared people. If I'm honest I never really pay much attention to that page unless I need to. And most people tend to play formations with attacking mentality and all over press so I'd expect their players to lose fitness much quicker than teams like Man City or Barcelona who play a more controlled style (though I do accept that both these teams do press all over the pitch mostly as well)

The problems I usually find in the game is the scouting system. The scouts are never that good regardless of what scouts you have. You can never have scouts search for a particular type of player or budget and they never seem to find the next superstar before they ARE the next superstar like how Celtic found Virgil van Dijk or Red Bull Salzburg found Sadio Mane, Basel with Mo Salah or Groningen with Luis Suarez for a reasonable fee. 

Also when you are searching for a player you can search his position but not his role in that position like a midfielder who is a ball winning midfielder or a midfielder who plays as a shadow striker etc. I think they would be good things to add.

@Marc Vaughan I do think the game is great for the most part so thank you for all your and your teams hard work.

Don't agree with either of those points on the scouting. You seem to be asking for it to be served on a plate for you? You can refine the attributes (so increase the tackling to make it more likely to find a BWM), and I've had loads of examples of small signings becoming worth millions.

Aye, I have a little suggestion! 

Although it isn't related to player fitness and condition, I want @Marc Vaughanto have a look at this. 

Can you stop the focus attribute I set for my loaned out players from being randomised everytime I loan them out. 

I mean, I like my winger and inside forwards to have good creativity(to create chances for others and themselves) so I set creativity as their focus attribute. But then they go out on loan and it get randomised and I can't change it because its now locked... 

To clarify, I have no problem with the training being locked once they get loaned to another club. That part is fair and realistic, but at least have the focus attribute I set to remain the same. 

The way I see it, the gaffer went out to have chat with the young Cristiano/Messi before he went out on loan and told him 'look here mate, I need you to work on your creativity during your loan spell. So start painting and doing some creative writing eh?' :)

That's all I want really. Oh and also, any chance of 2 season loans being introduced anytime soon? 

Edited by RPA123456

Really, really appreciate the communication from Marc here. It's great how everyone just wants to build a better game and suggestions never go unheard. It's refreshing.

58 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Really, really appreciate the communication from Marc here. It's great how everyone just wants to build a better game and suggestions never go unheard. It's refreshing.

Totally agree. I mean Si could probably just ignore vibe completely and it wouldn’t effect sales much. I was surprised to learn yesterday that only about 3 people work on the mobile game so seems like they really have their work cut out to me.

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

100%

55 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Totally agree. I mean Si could probably just ignore vibe completely and it wouldn’t effect sales much. I was surprised to learn yesterday that only about 3 people work on the mobile game so seems like they really have their work cut out to me.

I agree yet that's also not our problem, it just fuels the fire that SI see FMM as a side project. Would a bigger team mean less bugs and faster development? I don't know but logic would assume so. 

4 hours ago, RPA123456 said:

Can you stop the focus attribute I set for my loaned out players from being randomised everytime I loan them out. 

I mean, I like my winger and inside forwards to have good creativity(to create chances for others and themselves) so I set creativity as their focus attribute. But then they go out on loan and it get randomised and I can't change it because its now locked... 

To clarify, I have no problem with the training being locked once they get loaned to another club. That part is fair and realistic, but at least have the focus attribute I set to remain the same. 

I'll have a look but it might not be 'that' simple to do (ie. not happen in a hurry as I don't want to increase the number of bugs in the game) - long term (ie. next game) I plan to give an option during loaning a player out to indicate whether you or the loan club dictate how he trains.

That's all I want really. Oh and also, any chance of 2 season loans being introduced anytime soon? 

Next version I reckon that'll sneak in, its a more complicated thing than you'd expect because of how the codebase is structured.

Aye, I have a little suggestion! 

Although it isn't related to player fitness and condition, I want @Marc Vaughanto have a look at this. 

The way I see it, the gaffer went out to have chat with the young Cristiano/Messi before he went out on loan and told him 'look here mate, I need you to work on your creativity during your loan spell. So start painting and doing some creative writing eh?' :)

Something else I'd like to see is when the loan offer comes in I would like to know if they intend to play him as a backup, rotation or first team so I know if it's worth sending him on loan or not because to me it's pointless sending a player to a team with lower facilities to play as a backup when he does that already in my club with better facilities

2 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

I'll have a look but it might not be 'that' simple to do (ie. not happen in a hurry as I don't want to increase the number of bugs in the game) - long term (ie. next game) I plan to give an option during loaning a player out to indicate whether you or the loan club dictate how he trains.

It's all good! It's enough for me to know that you guys will take a look at it

3 minutes ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Next version I reckon that'll sneak in, its a more complicated thing than you'd expect because of how the codebase is structured.

Something to do with how the season somewhat resets every season? 

Anyways, I'm just happy you guys are active on this forum. Really gives the playerbase a solid connection with the dev team :)

Having played a good bit more with the hot fix I’m coming to the conclusion that the player condition seems random at times.

This has happened on 3 different saves and all players have been on medium intensity training.

I can have a run of midweek/weekend games and the players condition can make no sense. After one game they can all recover to between 96-100% and then another time half the XI that played the previous game will be below 90%. It seems like there is no logic to it as I’m playing runs of 2 games a week yet one week they recover the next time many of them don’t.

The time of season seems to make no difference either as I have had this happen in early season as well as mid season and late season as well.

Any news on when the new hotfix will be released? Been trying hard to ignore my doubts with new stamina but just can’t get into a save as it’s ruining the game for me. It’s not in any way more challenging it just gives you more things that need doing and more hoops to jump through between matches. If anything I’m finding the game easier with this mass rotation as players are kept fresher and results seem easier to get. I just romped through 2 season winning everything no hassles at all but it took waaaaay longer.

Yeah the hotfix hasn’t fixed anything. Just started a new Welsh Prem save with Caernarfon Town. I’ve played two games of the season, two games. I’ll say it again, two games 😛 This is the state of my squad after those games

2828777D-2ADE-42EC-A3B5-4D1E8C3758DC.thumb.png.f98e8db74d783c9d9aa68302fa10bcb7.png

F769D58F-3BA7-43EE-87B3-154981F4CD43.thumb.png.2c855a2b71ef3ee082c5a3d8ecabb92a.png

That’s absolutely ridiculous to be honest. I could half understand if I was at the business end of the season and still in all competitions, but it’s been two games, two games! Madness 😫

2 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Yeah the hotfix hasn’t fixed anything. Just started a new Welsh Prem save with Caernarfon Town. I’ve played two games of the season, two games. I’ll say it again, two games 😛 This is the state of my squad after those games

2828777D-2ADE-42EC-A3B5-4D1E8C3758DC.thumb.png.f98e8db74d783c9d9aa68302fa10bcb7.png

F769D58F-3BA7-43EE-87B3-154981F4CD43.thumb.png.2c855a2b71ef3ee082c5a3d8ecabb92a.png

That’s absolutely ridiculous to be honest. I could half understand if I was at the business end of the season and still in all competitions, but it’s been two games, two games! Madness 😫

How many games did you play?

Eh honestly I'm pretty used to this issue already. I like it as it is. Granted, I haven't started a LLM save since the new update so my opinion might change if I do that... 

35 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Thats shit mate...ive totally lost interest now. 

4 hours ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Any news on when the new hotfix will be released? Been trying hard to ignore my doubts with new stamina but just can’t get into a save as it’s ruining the game for me. It’s not in any way more challenging it just gives you more things that need doing and more hoops to jump through between matches. If anything I’m finding the game easier with this mass rotation as players are kept fresher and results seem easier to get. I just romped through 2 season winning everything no hassles at all but it took waaaaay longer.

Ive found quite the opposite. AI seems way way over powered for me, i honestly cant get anything i have learnt from this years game(granted that isnt much) to work!

3 minutes ago, Woody said:

Ive found quite the opposite. AI seems way way over powered for me, i honestly cant get anything i have learnt from this years game(granted that isnt much) to work!

Tbh I just did 2 seasons with Barcelona using below tactics over the weekend for a bit of fun and I blew away all the big teams with ease but i was Barca and maybe that’s just an amazing tactic so maybe I’m wrong. Not played a massive amount of this years FMM.

I’ve played a bit more on my Queen’s Park save and I’m still enjoying it but the required rotation is slowing down the experience. I personally think younger players have been hit too hard and it’s hard to get them on the pitch at all at times. Also that circle thing which shows the players fitness could be better in my opinion as when you see it not full there isn’t much difference between say 92% and 88% and below 90 is kind of when I’d look to not play them so it’s time consuming having to click on them all to see their actual condition before games.

One thing I will say is that I think I’m finding the update easier for me results wise but maybe the changes just suit my preferred systems. The time it’s taking has doubled though.