Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Condition on latest update

8 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Yeah the hotfix hasn’t fixed anything. Just started a new Welsh Prem save with Caernarfon Town. I’ve played two games of the season, two games. I’ll say it again, two games 😛 This is the state of my squad after those games

2828777D-2ADE-42EC-A3B5-4D1E8C3758DC.thumb.png.f98e8db74d783c9d9aa68302fa10bcb7.png

F769D58F-3BA7-43EE-87B3-154981F4CD43.thumb.png.2c855a2b71ef3ee082c5a3d8ecabb92a.png

That’s absolutely ridiculous to be honest. I could half understand if I was at the business end of the season and still in all competitions, but it’s been two games, two games! Madness 😫

Is that immediately after a Saturday-Tuesday pair of matches? In which case, of course they'll be half-dead, they're semi-pros. If you asked them to play another match straight away, they'd be buggered. But they'll generally be fine for Saturday, right?

I've had some sticky periods in the Vanarama, games thick and fast. You have to decide if you want 11 good players or 22 half-decent. That's squad management 🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Is that immediately after a Saturday-Tuesday pair of matches? In which case, of course they'll be half-dead, they're semi-pros. If you asked them to play another match straight away, they'd be buggered. But they'll generally be fine for Saturday, right?

I've had some sticky periods in the Vanarama, games thick and fast. You have to decide if you want 11 good players or 22 half-decent. That's squad management 🤷‍♂️

That’s on the day of Matchday three. The third match into the season. The funny thing is that I had a total squad rebuild, these players are way too good for the welsh prem, stamina levels are superb for this level of football too. Just doesn’t seem right 

For all those obsessed with the useless star ratings:

AF2F54CE-A50E-4994-A229-B6CB70FB7F76.thumb.png.f63b8ddab9a4066c03749a56756acc58.png

42161B81-6594-4F86-B19D-581FB9F4DEEB.thumb.png.e995a6eeba8a24b403cb0810289c741e.png

1 hour ago, Nucleus said:

That’s on the day of Matchday three. The third match into the season. The funny thing is that I had a total squad rebuild, these players are way too good for the welsh prem, stamina levels are superb for this level of football too. Just doesn’t seem right 

For all those obsessed with the useless star ratings:

AF2F54CE-A50E-4994-A229-B6CB70FB7F76.thumb.png.f63b8ddab9a4066c03749a56756acc58.png

42161B81-6594-4F86-B19D-581FB9F4DEEB.thumb.png.e995a6eeba8a24b403cb0810289c741e.png

That does seem odd then. I'm sure Marc will offer for you to send the save game etc. Are you Closing Down All Over? 

I like the star ratings :(

i have to rotate a fair bit in my game, but really not seeing the problem as significant as some of you say. Of course if it's spoiling your enjoyment, that's a shame, cos it's only a game. But honestly, to offer the counterpoint, it's really not affecting my enjoyment of the game at all.

14 hours ago, 1759 said:

I’m still enjoying it but the required rotation is slowing down the experience

In what way is it slowing down the experience?

14 hours ago, 1759 said:

I personally think younger players have been hit too hard.

Young players will be hit hard by conditioning as they haven't fully developed into seasoned pros. I'm always reminded of a young Gareth Bale in this respect. Immensely talented but a massive lightweight who kept picking up injuries.

Edited by Lillywhite Dean
9 minutes ago, Lillywhite Dean said:

In what way is it slowing down the experience?

Young players will be hit hard by conditioning as they haven't fully developed into seasoned pros. I'm always reminded of a young Gareth Bale in this respect. Immensely talented but a massive lightweight who kept picking up injuries.

Honestly I feel stupid now as the main thing that was slowing it down was having to go into a lot of players profiles to check on their condition before games as that circle thing can be hard to see properly. I now know that you can change the view in the tactics screen to show all the players condition so that will help me a lot. 

Yes Michael Owen was another one who blames his injury proneness on playing too many games when he was young but he played nearly every minute of every game. It is tricky for SI to get right and I’m still enjoying it as is and everyone will have their own opinions.

18 minutes ago, 1759 said:

Yes Michael Owen was another one who blames his injury proneness on playing too many games when he was young but he played nearly every minute of every game. It is tricky for SI to get right and I’m still enjoying it as is and everyone will have their own opinions.

My Gareth Bale example wasn't about being injury prone per se. It was about how much exposure Bale had to the first XI at Tottenham and how he struggled to break through due to fitness and injuries. Harry Redknapp was seriously looking to sell him on with Birmingham as a potential destination. Instead (thankfully) he restricted the amount of games Bale had and ordered him to get into the gym and bulk up, which eventually made him more resilient in matches.

The interesting thing about Michael Owen is that its almost the opposite. Owen was exposed to an enormous amount of games early on in his career but that exposure caught up with him as injuries plagued the later stages of his career. He had to adapt his playing style (because he lost that cliched "yard of pace") and play more conservatively. That said, even in his early 30s, Owen was still an excellent finisher of the ball and his movement and decision making remained world class.

Edited by Lillywhite Dean