Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Retrodroid

DutchTony

5 minutes ago, Foxy said:

I’ve never heard of that so I don’t know but I have heard good things about this company.

https://www.piretrogaming.com/

I was looking at them before actually. They are charging £215 for the console and if i remember correctly there was a few weeks waiting time for the console. That being said - i would definitely rather wait a few weeks and pay a little more knowing the machine will be worth it.

Thanks mate

Literally just checked before posting this and they're currently out of stock.

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Personally I wouldn't touch anything like that for that price, it's clearly not legal so just emulate them imo. 

This shows just how little i know about this type of thing.

1 - I had no idea it's illegal.

2 - I don't know what emulate means, but if it's computer terminology then I'm a million miles away from doing it.

4 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

This shows just how little i know about this type of thing.

1 - I had no idea it's illegal.

2 - I don't know what emulate means, but if it's computer terminology then I'm a million miles away from doing it.

1. There is 100% no way in hell they've got the licences or permission to sell those games, I had a brief look at the Nintendo games and yeah no chance. It's no different to those knock off Chinese consoles that you can get with built in games. 

2. It's not entirely that complicated tbf, admittedly I've never looked into emulating PC games though. I'm sure a DOS emulator tutorial is available online though. There was a thread here by @Woodyabout it 

If it’s the old CM games you’re after I’m sure Si made CM 01-02 available for free a few years ago. You might be able to get that working on your phone.

4 minutes ago, Ashez said:

@kylieboi88was looking into this the other day

He messaged me and i showed him what to do but his laptop was busted.

Its really easy to do, i play cm01/02 on my tablet.

Just now, Woody said:

He messaged me and i showed him what to do but his laptop was busted.

Its really easy to do, i play cm01/02 on my tablet.

Hopefully you can help @DutchTonyout then haha

Hey @DutchTony here is my guide on what to do.

Right mate.

1st go over to the cmscout site and download the legally free copy of the game.

Then download Exagears from playstore and install that on your tablet/phone.

You need to mount it using deamon tools lite and install it on you pc/laptop. You can use poweriso too if you have it.

Once you have installed the game you can update it with the Tapani update from the cmscout website or from champman0102.co.uk

You then need to copy all the files from the cm01/02 folder and paste it into the Exagears folder on your tablet/phone.

When you run exagears it will show 3 executables...click on the cm01/02.exe and it should run fine.

Let me know how you get on mate.

34 minutes ago, Woody said:

Right mate.

You need to mount it using deamon tools lite and install it on you pc/laptop. You can use poweriso too if you have it.

Once you have installed the game you can update it with the Tapani update from the cmscout website or from champman0102.co.uk

You then need to copy all the files from the cm01/02 folder and paste it into the Exagears folder on your tablet/phone.

When you run exagears it will show 3 executables...click on the cm01/02.exe and it should run fine.

If you ever feel like writing a detailed guide with screenshots etc I'm sure it will find an audience, as the game is legal I don't see why not lol

1 hour ago, Woody said:

Right mate.

Massive thanks for taking the time to explain all this. I thought I'd start with step 2 as it's the easiest step, plus i have my phone in my hand buuuut....

338294939_Screenshot_20190321-002739_GooglePlayStore.thumb.jpg.3339201f029f4e6dfb2cd50e4f17ff6e.jpg

27 minutes ago, Ashez said:

If you ever feel like writing a detailed guide with screenshots etc I'm sure it will find an audience, as the game is legal I don't see why not lol

This would be awesome!!!

4 hours ago, DutchTony said:

Massive thanks for taking the time to explain all this. I thought I'd start with step 2 as it's the easiest step, plus i have my phone in my hand buuuut....

338294939_Screenshot_20190321-002739_GooglePlayStore.thumb.jpg.3339201f029f4e6dfb2cd50e4f17ff6e.jpg

This would be awesome!!!

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

I will see what i can do guys. 😆

Hey all thanks for the tag.

The issue I had was exagearstrat is not in google play store anymore. Im gonna see if I can use my dads laptop to convert it to my phone but I need a different app instead of exagear....?

15 minutes ago, kylieboi88 said:

Hey all thanks for the tag.

The issue I had was exagearstrat is not in google play store anymore. Im gonna see if I can use my dads laptop to convert it to my phone but I need a different app instead of exagear....?

Search google mate for ExaGear Apk and download it externally. You need make sure you set you phone to accept external installs though.

You can get it at Apkpure.com

Edited by Woody
18 minutes ago, Woody said:

Search google mate for ExaGear Apk and download it externally. You need make sure you set you phone to accept external installs though.

You can get it at Apkpure.com

Search on mobile?

4 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

Can this happen on iOS 

I’m not certain but I don’t think so unless it’s a hacked phone. I’ve got a Samsung galaxy tab a and I’m going to try to get it to work on that but I’m not convinced it’ll run well.

48 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

Can this happen on iOS 

Doesnt work on ios bud.

43 minutes ago, 1759 said:

I’m not certain but I don’t think so unless it’s a hacked phone. I’ve got a Samsung galaxy tab a and I’m going to try to get it to work on that but I’m not convinced it’ll run well.

I run it on my kindle hd and its totally fine.

2 hours ago, 1759 said:

Should work fine on there mate as most people use kindle fire or samsung tabs ive seen