Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help How to create a successful tactic

Hey All,

I need help to create a successful tactic whether it be 3 or 4 at the back. I know there is an article tab with everyone's tactic, but I want to build a good successful tactic.

Anyone got any advice?

Whenever I take over a team I decide which players I will be keeping, and then I will build the team around them and fill in any gaps. 

First I will pick my formation, and then use roles that suit the players on the field. This doesn't have to be strict, as long as the player has the stats to fit the role he will do just fine. I find it best to have around 5 outfield players in attacking/neutral roles, and 5 defensive. This ensures a good balanced play style. 

Next you will want to adjust the various settings for your tactic. In the beginning I recommend leaving everything in the default position and just seeing how your team plays. Introduce changes slowly and as you see fit. If you change too much at once then you will struggle to build a consistent tactic without some luck involved. I recommend changing only one or two (preferably one, but requires some patience) settings at a time and then giving your team 5-10 games to see how it affects your play and results. It can take a long time to build a successful tactic this way, but this is exactly what being a football manager is about. 

Finally, different things will work for different teams. Experiment. Try weird formations. But most importantly be patient. The results will come! 

I hope I helped! If you have any questions please ask. 

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Here’s a question then:

Amazing player in the wrong role OR average player in the right role - what’s better?

I would go average player in correct role...goes along way!

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Here’s a question then:

Amazing player in the wrong role OR average player in the right role - what’s better?

Generally I would agree with @Woody and say average player in the correct role but then look what happened in my FC CB save 🤔

21 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Generally I would agree with @Woody and say average player in the correct role but then look what happened in my FC CB save 🤔

Yeah but your the master, i'm just the apprentice.