Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Sequel: Armstrong(er) - Accidental cheating/Career over

The FMM gods have spoken... I went to play the off season and this happened.

1107708272_Screenshot_20190428-192937_FM2019Mobile.jpg.61ef2ee023810956de5d70cf2728e67a.jpg

It's all over now. I don't have the patience to play through that under the circumstances...

5 minutes ago, Scratch said:

The FMM gods have spoken... I went to play the off season and this happened.

1107708272_Screenshot_20190428-192937_FM2019Mobile.jpg.61ef2ee023810956de5d70cf2728e67a.jpg

It's all over now. I don't have the patience to play through that under the circumstances...

AdChoices
ADVERTISING

Haha oh well!

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Haha oh well!

Lucky Jenny Graham knows her stuff so it's only 9 months out hey? Imagine if she'd missed it... 

Funny game FMM... Funny game...

Well I mean, that’s just a fitting end I believe with the injury, that way we have no more debate! That said, I don’t see a problem with the whole thing but I know far less about Vibe and FMM than some other people so yeah, that’s that.

16 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

Well I mean, that’s just a fitting end I believe with the injury, that way we have no more debate! That said, I don’t see a problem with the whole thing but I know far less about Vibe and FMM than some other people so yeah, that’s that.

Yeah, solves the problem of whether to play on or not! I guess I will start over and be more careful this time...

added 0 minutes later

By start over, I mean with a different player.

3 minutes ago, smoggy90 said:

Oh man that’s harsh. 

Look forward to seeing what you do next scratch!

Thanks mate. Just started a new save.

Pretty boring: it's a 1KC at Celtic again (love playing them for some reason), but this time I'm using a Scottish striker. About to rebuild them all over again, and will be difficult not to choose the same players as last time (already signed Pavon), but will try to put a slant on developing Scottish players. 

Last time I only had about 3 Scots who could get in the team, this time I'm going to try to keep it 50/50. Maybe signed a decent Scottish player here and there instead of someone great. I'll still be signing loads of foreigners, especially at the beginning, but hopefully can keep it a bit more balanced...

I’ve found Scotland a good hunting ground in recent years mate, did a 1k with Chuba akpom at rangers and jordan Larson at Celtic in FM17 and 18. 

Might go there after my Madrid career is done. 

Best of luck!

On 27/04/2019 at 08:34, Ashez said:

See this where I disagree as I think knowing the CA/PA beats the entire point of the game, it's only ignored as it's impossible to enforce. However in this case it's clearly not been used for cheating but not everyone is as honest as @Scratch

The stance of rules are rules is usually the way forward but I'd hazard a guess 90% of people doing goal challenges have an idea of the strikers in game ability before starting. It's clear by the picks and the view counts on the thread. So have you really gained an advantage which others haven't? This is where I get unsure as I'm old school and I don't want to know the hidden stats, others do and unfortunately they're super easy to view. 

Dark dark woods for me here. I mean I've read about PA in Wonderkids post but how you actually check it during the game (iOS user)

On 09/04/2019 at 07:42, Scratch said:

armstronger-development.gif.91a7ed3fa7b54a20673521200d4ef6d9.gif

You can see those insane Arial jumps that FMM19 delivers. As I mentioned up above, I had him training as a Target Man and focusing on Arial for the first 3 updates. Once he hit 20 Arial, I switched him to Shadow Striker and Shooting, hoping to increase the long shot ability.

Hey @Scratch Target man and aerial is a common sense but still how did he get 20 from 8 in half a year? Do coaches matter? Like specifically attacking, or defensive or any? And does it really matter on what coaching type do i chose to be?

On 04/05/2019 at 13:32, Azra said:

Dark dark woods for me here. I mean I've read about PA in Wonderkids post but how you actually check it during the game (iOS user)

You can't actually check it in the game itself. The star system that the scouts and your staff use is not accurate (because the game is simulating that real scouts can't tell exactly how good players are). Sometimes they are close, sometimes almost the opposite!

If you buy the official Editor (in game purchase), then you can edit a player and see their real CA/PA, but still only represented as stars. So Messi and Kane will both be 5 stars (I think), but if you could see the real CA/PA as a number, you'd see that Messi is better than Kane. I think the Wonderkid post use the editor star system, but I'm not sure. 

As for how you can actually see the CA/PA as a number: There used to be a free PC pre-game editor and maybe a save editor too, as well as a paid Android app (not sure if it was an iPhone app too). However, that hasn't existed for the last couple of versions. That means the only way to see it, is to use a HEX editor and manually decode the file. There are instructions on here somewhere. Just search for HEX and PA and you should find it. 

I have half created a way to see it, but not sure if or when I'll release it, what platform it would be on and whether it would be free or not. 

7 hours ago, Azra said:

Hey @Scratch Target man and aerial is a common sense but still how did he get 20 from 8 in half a year? Do coaches matter? Like specifically attacking, or defensive or any? And does it really matter on what coaching type do i chose to be?

Yeah Arial 20 seems to be like gold in FMM19. As for how you get someone from 8 to 20 in half a year (it was 3 training updates for Armstrong I think), I just make the focus role Target Man and the focus attribute Arial and it jumps up really quickly. I think Armstrong had one that jumped only 2 and at the other end, one where it jumped 6 or something!

Honestly I think this is just a bug in FMM19 - there is no way it should jump that fast. It happened for Armstrong, Pedro in my previous career, my new striker in my current career, and others in some other careers I've done in FMM19. I have had a few players where it hasn't worked, and I have no idea why, but they seem to be in a minority. 

For coaches I generally have 1 Att, 1 Def, 1 Fit, 1Yth and 1Mot (me), but I don't think that makes any difference. Good training facilities should help, but once again I don't think it makes any difference. I just think FMM19 is broken in this regard. Of course I am still using the pre-Winter update version, so maybe this doesn't work in the latest version - not sure about that.