FMM Vibe
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scratch

Career The Sequel: Armstrong(er) shooting for 1000 goals - Season 1

On 09/04/2019 at 23:00, ManlikeReus said:

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY! 81 GOALS IN ONE SEASON :OOO THIS AINT IT CHIEF.Genuinely,Nice work mate.Keep up with the goals.Next season 120+ goals? ;) 

Thanks mate! Yeah I wasn't really expecting it to be that high, but the pre Winter update version is the easiest version I can remember. At least it is when you have a 20 Arial striker... I won't be surprised if he gets to 120 at some point when the team is really firing, but I'll be happy with 90 next season...

23 hours ago, smoggy90 said:

81 goals in season 1 is an amazing start!

Thanks mate! Can't resist putting this in here:

armstrong-start.jpg.6d1875035b5601594d1823b6ac0c45bc.jpg

Not a bad start to the next season. I wish these Champions League qualifiers lasted, but we'll be too good in a couple of years and will go right into the group stage. :( 

added 0 minutes later
23 hours ago, 1759 said:

Fabulous start that is and lovely to read through. Good luck in the next season. 😀

Thanks mate. Have a good feeling about this one... :)

18 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Bang average start. Start again, and this time do it properly eh!

Yeah mate, I feel the same. Might pack it in... 

Or maybe I'm just sand bagging so I can catch you by surprise when I equal your top score...

· Posted (edited)

Can I ask how you rolled back your game to pre-winter? Not enjoying the new update much myself... 

Edited by itzChris92

2 minutes ago, itzChris92 said:

Can I ask how you rolled back your game to pre-winter? Not enjoying the new update much myself... 

I'm on Android and used an app called Android Assistant to back up the game before I updated to the Winter version. That let me restore the pre-winter version. None of the Winter save games work with the Pre-winter version and I had to download the data again, but that let me start a new career on the old version. 

The problem is: that doesn't really help you much... Sorry... :( 

1 minute ago, Scratch said:

I'm on Android and used an app called Android Assistant to back up the game before I updated to the Winter version. That let me restore the pre-winter version. None of the Winter save games work with the Pre-winter version and I had to download the data again, but that let me start a new career on the old version. 

The problem is: that doesn't really help you much... Sorry... :( 

I wish I had pre-empted a crap update just as you have done 😂 I finally built a tactic capable of attempting a 1kc, updated and no longer scoring. Oh well... 

2 minutes ago, itzChris92 said:

I wish I had pre-empted a crap update just as you have done 😂 I finally built a tactic capable of attempting a 1kc, updated and no longer scoring. Oh well... 

Yeah it's harsh. Plenty of people not happy about this... :(

3 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Yeah it's harsh. Plenty of people not happy about this... :(

No bother, I'll keep trying to crack it. Can only hope another update arrives to make changes again. 

Good luck with the rest of your challenge. Absolutely smashing it already as expected :)

1 minute ago, itzChris92 said:

No bother, I'll keep trying to crack it. Can only hope another update arrives to make changes again. 

Good luck with the rest of your challenge. Absolutely smashing it already as expected :)

Thanks mate. Good luck cracking it!

I think I've broken the game... 

1293476114_Screenshot_20190413-003657_FM2019Mobile.jpg.bc39d152b83089766e3749d325556308.jpg

50 goals before November!! WTF? It's too easy. Although he has slowed down significantly since.

A lot of goals came in the early Champions League qualifiers, against very weak opposition. Scotland is a pretty weak league too (ranked around 30th at the start from memory). But still, it shouldn't be that easy to score. It's the 20 Arial thing, can't stop scoring from headers. Pavon had around 30 assists at this stage too. Just keeps plopping it on Armstrong's head...

I know I should be happy about this, but it feels strange. Really hope I don't lose interest in this...

7 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I think I've broken the game... 

1293476114_Screenshot_20190413-003657_FM2019Mobile.jpg.bc39d152b83089766e3749d325556308.jpg

50 goals before November!! WTF? It's too easy. Although he has slowed down significantly since.

A lot of goals came in the early Champions League qualifiers, against very weak opposition. Scotland is a pretty weak league too (ranked around 30th at the start from memory). But still, it shouldn't be that easy to score. It's the 20 Arial thing, can't stop scoring from headers. Pavon had around 30 assists at this stage too. Just keeps plopping it on Armstrong's head...

I know I should be happy about this, but it feels strange. Really hope I don't lose interest in this...

I don’t know which leagues you loaded but if it simply becomes too easy and boring would you consider moving to a different league?

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

I don’t know which leagues you loaded but if it simply becomes too easy and boring would you consider moving to a different league?

Maybe.. Wait, I loaded: Scotland. Yep, just Scotland. So it's this or go home...

Every 1KC I've done becomes boring after a while, it's just happened so quickly this time... With my past Celtic ones it took 4 or 5 seasons building to reach this sort of number (if at all). But this Arial thing makes it just too easy. I guess Armstrong is older than any of my previous ones which could come into too, but still.

Pedro / Beijing was super easy, but I though that was because China was easy. Maybe's just this version (with the Arial thing). I wouldn't mind it being harder, but not the Winter update way... 

Anyway, I'll persist. He does drop off before Christmas. Had two goalless games in a row. Got the slightly tired message. etc.

8 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Maybe.. Wait, I loaded: Scotland. Yep, just Scotland. So it's this or go home...

Every 1KC I've done becomes boring after a while, it's just happened so quickly this time... With my past Celtic ones it took 4 or 5 seasons building to reach this sort of number (if at all). But this Arial thing makes it just too easy. I guess Armstrong is older than any of my previous ones which could come into too, but still.

Pedro / Beijing was super easy, but I though that was because China was easy. Maybe's just this version (with the Arial thing). I wouldn't mind it being harder, but not the Winter update way... 

Anyway, I'll persist. He does drop off before Christmas. Had two goalless games in a row. Got the slightly tired message. etc.

I know what you mean. There is a fine line between it going well and simply being too easy and boring. I guess you will have simply aim higher than just the simple 1k that or it is simply a case of what’s the least number of seasons you can hit the 1k in.

37 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Try playing him in defence 😛

He's still probably score at this rate! Speaking defence though - did anyone do the slabhead challenge in 2019? I reckon that would have gone pretty well in this version!

32 minutes ago, Foxy said:

I know what you mean. There is a fine line between it going well and simply being too easy and boring. I guess you will have simply aim higher than just the simple 1k that or it is simply a case of what’s the least number of seasons you can hit the 1k in.

Yeah, for now I'll keep going, but I can see at some point it's all going to be a bit meh... Although I guess that was always the case. Anyway, I've got to get him to 1K, but not sure whether I'll keep going after that.

added 0 minutes later
9 minutes ago, Rob said:

Maybe knocking Nuke off top place is possible after all?

Nah... I.5K might be realistic, but not sure I'll have the patience..