Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help My results never change (FM 19 Mobile)

I need help. I managed to get my Coventry team promoted to the Championship but am now on my fourth/fifth season struggling in lower mid table. I've won one in my last 12 and seem to be eking out 1-1 draws in half my matches. Tactics below. 

For some of the more difficult teams, I play Counter with narrow width, slow, and disciplined, but it doesn't really change anything.

I've tried using two forwards (one deep lying), one Advanced Forward, a Complete Forward. I've tried every possible combination of midfield roles, from two BWMs, one BWM and DLP, BBM etc. Sometimes I make my FBs stay back, sometimes I make them play Wing Back (and alternate between early crosses/overlap). Nothing seems to change.

This is the most frustrating thing - despite all the changes I try to make, every match ends the same. If I'm playing a lower team in the league, I draw 1-1. If I'm playing a higher team, I lose by 3 or 4.

I'm sick of seeing people talking about taking Northampton Town to the Champion's League in 4 seasons. How do you play this game?!!!! 

Screenshot_20190403-110921.jpg

Screenshot_20190403-110924.jpg

Screenshot_20190403-110913.jpg

Screenshot_20190403-110918.jpg

Screenshot_20190403-110944.jpg

Edited by maxwellhouseeyes
Adding mobile to title

Hmm, right off the bat I can say there is something wrong with your tactic. Your defense is playing too high up. 

Move them back down to balanced and be careful of pressing too much as condition depletes too fast with that set to high. Also, try and switch down to control mentality. 

Of course, this is just very basic advice and it might not even help you much but it's worth a try. Also, try to see if you can figure out why you're losing. From what I see of your screenshots, you seem to have a semi decent team. I'm sure you'll be able to make something work :)

Edited by RPA123456

I've been really successful (Macclesfield: L2 to EPL in about 5 seasons; Oxford: L1 to EPL in 2; etc) and it came down to a couple of things:

• Constantly reworking the squad. Find youngsters equal to your current best players and play them. By the end of the season, they will be better than your current best players.. Rinse and repeat. 

• Finding a tactic that works. This depends on the squad. I played long ball with a fast striker to great effect in L2, but starts to break down in L1 as the defence reads the long balls better. From L1 up, I just went with 4 3 2 1 (WB, CB, CB, WB, AP, DLP, CM, W, IF, AF) with short, run at defence and work into box, defensive (more goals than counter for some reason), narrow, normal and expressive, balanced, all over, normal and offside trap off.

Mind you, the latest version is brutal on fitness levels and I'm not sure how well that will work anymore... Especially the closing down of All Over. Anyway, I hope some of that gives you some ideas that work for you. Best of luck!

Check the summary post-match - especially the negatives. It will give you some clues on what needs to be fixed. Things like "not enough steel in midfield" indicating that your centre mid is full of airy-fairy playmakers, etc.

As well as too high, I never find Wide to be effective - leaves gaps through the middle.

I really appreciate the fast replies guys. I've started playing my lone striker as a DLF and he is getting into the game much more (it had previously said he was isolated/not threatening enough). Playing the back line deeper and narrower also seems to help.

So I played a few games after changing this and won away against 6th and 7th placed teams in the table, which is great (despite conceding quite a few chances, but at least I'm getting goals). The problem now is that I haven't been able to beat mid-lower table teams, even at home! Maybe I should go more attacking against them? 

I was starting every game Defensive and generally scored goals that way, but if I needed to score in the last 30 minutes, I would go attacking and bump the defensive options up to a high line, pressing all over and committed tackling. 

Well guys, just an update. After dropping my line and my striker deeper, and playing more narrowly and slowly, I'm unbeaten in the following season and haven't conceded any goals (only 3 games so far! But much better than before).