Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Second half of season meltdowns...

Chris

I know I am not the only one who experiences this, but I haven't been able to find too much information on how to tackle this issue. 

No matter what tactic I seem to use, or how much I dominate the league initially, I always finish the season poorly. I know this is in part to the AI playing more defensively, and I get it. But I am finding it impossible to counteract... It does not matter what adjustments I make to my tactic I am never able to finish a season well. Quite frankly I see this as a huge frustration. On my current Sunderland game, first season, I was top of the league by some margin after 30 games or so, and on a 15 match undefeated run. Now I have just lost seven games in a row, where I was hugely favorite to win (in talking opponent odds of 10-1!), and am in danger of dropping from the top spot. 

This happens in every save I have ever created on FMM2019. Has anyone found a "fix" to this issue? Am I the only one that thinks the AI is too overpowered in the latter part of the season? 

Edited by itzChris92

Yes I’ve fallen off a cliff a few times and it’s frustrating. I usually find that you need to try and stop the rut as quickly as possible even if it means draws as once you start losing game after game it’s pretty hard to get out of it and you can bet you’ll soon get the dreaded sack.

You’ve said you’ve tried different tactics but have you tried playing some of your squad players that you maybe haven’t played much? You can also try and praise your players if their morale has dropped as that seems to make a big difference I find. You have to be careful with the praise as every player responds differently so it’s a bit of trial and error before you find what praise each player prefers as if you get it wrong it’ll backfire with a morale drop.

Anyway that’s a couple of things you can try but you generally just have to get through the shit period and hopefully you can go on another good run.😀

Personally I see it as rubber banding 

1 hour ago, itzChris92 said:

I was top of the league by some margin after 30 games or so, and on a 15 match undefeated run. Now I have just lost seven games in a row, where I was hugely favorite to win (in talking opponent odds of 10-1!), and am in danger of dropping from the top spot. 

My take is it happens so the AI can catch up, I've also seen it in reverse where I've started frustratingly poorly only to go undefeated during the second half of the season. 

I always try to rotate through my squad members so I don't see this being an issue tbh. I will definitely try to praise my players more, but I'm not too hopeful that this will make enough of a difference :P

I just finished the Sunderland season I mentioned before, and I did manage to grab a few wins in a row for some of my last games. However, I did this by changing mentality to counter, and tempo to slow. If the only real way to counter this OP AI defense is by playing defensively yourself, I see this as a bug rather than a game feature. Slowly losing the will to continue with this game, its honestly that bad

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

I thought this was going to be a thread on the history of Tottenham Hotspur.

“That’s So  Spursy!”

I used to get this all the time on the original engine if I overperformed in the first half of the season, but I don't get it on the enhanced now though really. Which engine are you on, and what are your tactics? Also, do you have a particularly old/young/small squad? 

On 06/04/2019 at 23:58, Fish18ish said:

I used to get this all the time on the original engine if I overperformed in the first half of the season, but I don't get it on the enhanced now though really. Which engine are you on, and what are your tactics? Also, do you have a particularly old/young/small squad? 

My squad is fairly balanced in terms of age. Formation tends to be 4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1, with wingers. I know IFs are OP this year but I am trying to make a tactic capable of doing a 1kc. Never done one before, and I'm really struggling with getting my front man to score more than 30 goals per season.