Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Rob’s Strikerless Bonanza 2019 - Final Results

Rob

963E0126-CCD0-411C-A5EC-B08CF9256490.png.e9a850cb7b236f772fc6aad82729ab43.png

Last year I did something called a Strikerless Bonanza. Three players, one career, with the aim to get as many goals and assists as possible. Messrs Asensio, Lemar, and Coman finished with 1,799 goals and 574 assists between them, without any player in the career playing as a striker. It is here if anyone is interested:

Spoiler

This year I wanted to do the same, but with a different spin. I had already completed Vibe’s first ever Strikerless 1kc with Joao Felix so I wanted to apply a different angle. I consulted with @Foxy and @Woody as to what to do. My main three options were:

⁃    Go with three top notch players and see how they do - Felix, Sancho, and Foden for example;
    ⁃    Go with an Invasion: I.e. three Englishman playing in France;
    ⁃    Go with three unknowns that, when their fees are added together, do not cost more than £10m. This was inspired by my Fabled Juventus career where I got good results using unusual players at a top club

The boys picked the third option: the budget players! Joys! 

The club I have chosen is PSG. I want a top club with money, the best facilities, and to have scope to form an excellent remainder of the team. But let’s not forget: around 27% of the starting lineup is (injuries permitted) always going to be my budget players, including those who I will be having on penalties, free kicks, and corners! 

Thanks for reading - the three folks and a season one target will be announced soon!

(Although the three players are in the banner - thanks @Foxy - if anyone manages to recognise them)

Edited by Rob

All the best Rob, this sounds very interesting. I have no idea who the three lads are so I’ll wait for the reveal to find out! :) 

Just now, Nucleus said:

All the best Rob, this sounds very interesting. I have no idea who the three lads are so I’ll wait for the reveal to find out! :) 

Thanks! Foxy did some fine googling for the banner.

1 minute ago, Rob said:

Thanks! Foxy did some fine googling for the banner.

The text font on the banner reminds me of the Flinstones for some very strange reason

3 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

The text font on the banner reminds me of the Flinstones for some very strange reason

Really! It’s called something like Super Mario 64 so that might be more likely where you have seen something similar.

Good luck @Rob I’m looking forward to following this 👍🏻

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

Really! It’s called something like Super Mario 64 so that might be more likely where you have seen something similar.

Good luck @Rob I’m looking forward to following this 👍🏻

Could well be, it’s probably the cut edges and stone like appearance that made me think of that lol. First thing that popped into mind 😆

I love a bit of strikerless so I’ll look forward to this. I can see the Mario 64 in the text now that I know its maybe from that. Can’t recognise the players though but I’ll find out soon enough.😀

Hmm I think I spot OL and Gijon's kits there so... 

Pelayo Morrila(I think I spelt that wrong) and Maxwell Cornet? Don't recognise the other kit though. 

Edit: Maxwell is probably completely off and the player you're using is one of the many talented players in OL reserves, but I am confident on Pelayo though. 

Edited by RPA123456
3 hours ago, RPA123456 said:

Hmm I think I spot OL and Gijon's kits there so... 

Pelayo Morrila(I think I spelt that wrong) and Maxwell Cornet? Don't recognise the other kit though. 

Edit: Maxwell is probably completely off and the player you're using is one of the many talented players in OL reserves, but I am confident on Pelayo though. 

As much as I sign youngsters all the time in my careers,I’ve never seen the two.I believe that’s Morilla as well.For the other two I’m just wild guessing,Ousseynou Ndiaye and Nikos Zografakis.I seen zografakis go to PSG once but stats looked poor.Morilla in this update cost quite a lot,Around 5-8mil imo so the other two players have to be really cheap.

Edited by ManlikeReus
10 minutes ago, ManlikeReus said:

As much as I sign youngsters all the time in my careers,I’ve never seen the two.I believe that’s Morilla as well.For the other two I’m just wild guessing,Ousseynou Ndiaye and Nikos Zografakis.I seen zografakis go to PSG once but stats looked poor.Morilla in this update cost quite a lot,Around 5-8mil imo so the other two players have to be really cheap.

Pelayo it is! 

BTW do you know what's the white kit?(far right) 

16 minutes ago, RPA123456 said:

Pelayo it is! 

BTW do you know what's the white kit?(far right) 

From Left to right,

Germany-Spain-Lyon(Possibly B team cause it looks different)

Good luck mate. I've used Morilla a few times in 19 (including the 1KC I just started) and he's been pretty good every time. Can't wait to see what you do with him (and the other two, whoever they are!). 🙂

Thanks for the good luck messages and predictions guys.

Player announcement later, but no one has got any of them yet... not even Morilla.

(ps. I am on the vanilla launch of the game - completely pre-update)

21 minutes ago, Rob said:

Thanks for the good luck messages and predictions guys.

Player announcement later, but no one has got any of them yet... not even Morilla.

(ps. I am on the vanilla launch of the game - completely pre-update)

Tbf I googled the bloody players to get the pictures and even I don’t know who they are they are that obscure!!!

Good luck!

26 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Tbf I googled the bloody players to get the pictures and even I don’t know who they are they are that obscure!!!

Try posting a whole career with Google images giving me the wrong photo/player for every bloody update! 

Im not sure i could be any more excited with this master Rob.

Without a doubt my fave career last year so i'm looking forward to this.

Personally i wanna leave the player reveal to yourself as i love the suspense 😉

21 hours ago, Nucleus said:

I was thinking Crash Bandicoot 😁

36 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Good luck!

Try posting a whole career with Google images giving me the wrong photo/player for every bloody update! 

7 minutes ago, Woody said:

Im not sure i could be any more excited with this master Rob.

Without a doubt my fave career last year so i'm looking forward to this.

Personally i wanna leave the player reveal to yourself as i love the suspense 😉

I was thinking Crash Bandicoot 😁

Cheers fellas! 

Player Announcement

And, so, to the players. A gentle reminder to all that the three players must have no greens in any of the striking positions and that the transfer fees of all three must not exceed ten million when added together.

Player number one joined us on a free. He had no club when I scouted him and got him to sign, but he was released by Sevilla B before that. His name is Antonio Zarzana.

BB366B6B-C657-402D-949E-B8BFF809AA11.thumb.jpeg.1fcaa425c19d6684cd2d858243d0dd24.jpeg

He is 16, left-footed and I plan to retrain him to play cutting in from the right. As the youngest of the trio I don’t expect him to make a huge impact for a while.

Our second lad is 17 and called Modeste Duku. He joined us for £525k from OL reserves.

8F74E843-ADB2-4FF1-AC30-B1BEDAD9641F.thumb.jpeg.65b5fcaa2cc31fe585188e9aa4e9ab86.jpeg

I plan to retrain him to play on the left to cut in on his right foot. Part of my strategy with these boys is that when my main player is injured both can come in and play in the centre too.

Talking of our man lad. Here he is:

DB9388DE-D4E7-4ABE-AA80-FE4FB3CFB16C.thumb.jpeg.e4813c1d2c22150ab29a4218e5939f0f.jpeg

Erkan Eyibil, also 17, comes to us for £1.3m from Mainz. I don’t plan on retraining him at all as he will play in the centre when fit, and he is already light green there. 

In total the boys cost me £1.8m. That’s a lot less than £10m but I think all three should do well.

I plan to update this career with ‘facts’ each season, then every three seasons or so do more of a write-up with screenshots of their attributes and some analysis. 

Thanks for reading!

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

Player Announcement

And, so, to the players. A gentle reminder to all that the three players must have no greens in any of the striking positions and that the transfer fees of all three must not exceed ten million when added together.

Player number one joined us on a free. He had no club when I scouted him and got him to sign, but he was released by Sevilla B before that. His name is Antonio Zarzana.

BB366B6B-C657-402D-949E-B8BFF809AA11.thumb.jpeg.1fcaa425c19d6684cd2d858243d0dd24.jpeg

He is 16, left-footed and I plan to retrain him to play cutting in from the right. As the youngest of the trio I don’t expect him to make a huge impact for a while.

Our second lad is 17 and called Modeste Duku. He joined us for £525k from OL reserves.

8F74E843-ADB2-4FF1-AC30-B1BEDAD9641F.thumb.jpeg.65b5fcaa2cc31fe585188e9aa4e9ab86.jpeg

I plan to retrain him to play on the left to cut in on his right foot. Part of my strategy with these boys is that when my main player is injured both can come in and play in the centre too.

Talking of our man lad. Here he is:

DB9388DE-D4E7-4ABE-AA80-FE4FB3CFB16C.thumb.jpeg.e4813c1d2c22150ab29a4218e5939f0f.jpeg

Erkan Eyibil, also 17, comes to us for £1.3m from Mainz. I don’t plan on retraining him at all as he will play in the centre when fit, and he is already light green there. 

In total the boys cost me £1.8m. That’s a lot less than £10m but I think all three should do well.

I plan to update this career with ‘facts’ each season, then every three seasons or so do more of a write-up with screenshots of their attributes and some analysis. 

Thanks for reading!

Yeah I wouldn’t have guessed it no matter how many chances I get.Who are these people haha Anyways,All the best with this lads.Will definitely keep tabs on this

1 minute ago, ManlikeReus said:

Yeah I wouldn’t have guessed it no matter how many chances I get.Who are these people haha Anyways,All the best with this lads.Will definitely keep tabs on this

Thanks! I had wondered if someone may have fluked one of them!

I had a bit look to try and find out who the players were but it’s safe to say I was on a hiding to nothing as there was no way I was getting any of them.😂

Look forward to seeing how they get on now.

29 minutes ago, Ashez said:

giphy.gif

Haha! It took me a few attempts to remember how to spell their names.

24 minutes ago, 1759 said:

I had a bit look to try and find out who the players were but it’s safe to say I was on a hiding to nothing as there was no way I was getting any of them.😂

Look forward to seeing how they get on now.

Thanks. The Foxster did a fine job grabbing them for the banner.

2 minutes ago, Foxy said:

Why would you spend £1.8m on those three whelps when you could have got one Yac for the same price!

I’ll leave you to feeding the Yac.

Season One

Just a reminder: these will follow a short format and mostly be facts. Every three seasons or so I will give an analysis.

Transfers:

Spoiler

2B7046CA-724C-4268-837D-CFE68EA6C506.thumb.jpeg.c7088d3359235d4cc84100d7af55589e.jpeg25E1C9DC-346E-49CB-AD33-E1FC6721F75C.thumb.jpeg.097535e83a63b9ebe173767f8ed9a1ef.jpeg56F273C2-CB72-4939-8F3D-9774583C97EE.thumb.jpeg.57ffbe8676356291450b1808d2f3fada.jpeg4EDC1F74-F76D-455A-B8B7-07A2A49406D0.thumb.jpeg.16eb858448f1ecca07d1a2d524824872.jpeg70E5F2BD-8F70-494F-853E-C1620648B902.thumb.jpeg.605c5e36235f5c7786424f9f4bd28fa0.jpeg

Manager:

77D49E00-B147-46F1-AF1C-F25C51092551.thumb.jpeg.c69bd1eb326e4b5c3e41d1bc680ce87c.jpeg

Players:

EF0E9A31-FEF4-42DD-A821-76E54653DACA.thumb.jpeg.3f66c88d23af20b5ec06926976b569a9.jpegCC3742AC-41DF-4100-BDA0-BB1289B6DDC8.thumb.jpeg.1b36966bcd5c85bd0a73924fec0ded97.jpeg61C6787B-8279-46C2-886E-E9A9F64A6CF1.thumb.jpeg.44932f826f52bdeb5d6fd34004ded2b2.jpegAEB05BBC-5CBC-45F3-8992-0CBA6CB89AE8.jpeg.104f7c46f5b9de9a749488ae4e971c5d.jpeg

A decent start. I want 200 ideally by the end of season 3, which we are on target for. I survived without getting sacked, too, which is a bonus when three constant players (aside from Zarzana’s injuries) are relative novices.

Thanks for reading.

Solid start that sunshine.

After a pre season of 'Redknapping' that squad will be more settled and i would assume the bigger humbers will flow out of s2. 👍

8 minutes ago, Woody said:

Solid start that sunshine.

After a pre season of 'Redknapping' that squad will be more settled and i would assume the bigger humbers will flow out of s2. 👍

I wouldn't expect much mate. I don't really see things kicking off until thry are 20. The Rule of Bati states any goal before 20 is a bonus.