Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 2-3-2-2-1 Bielsa tactic - EME

So I have wanted to make a tactic based on the Bielsa setup at Leeds this season. He uses a 4-1-4-1 with high wing backs and high wide men. While it hasn't scored as many as I wanted it has won me the Premier League, Champions League, Carabao Cup and the World Cup in the one season I have used it. I want to improve on it and I did tweak it as the season went and will try other changes in the next season to see if I can get it to score more.

I started out with the shape being wide, and the attacking instructions being set to Look for Overlap, Work Into Box Run At Defence, but as you can see I changed it.

Another change I made was swapping to a DLP from a DM which seemed to work better and certainly improved the match ratings he was getting. DM still seems to get horrific match ratings whatever your setup in this years version.

Anyway here's how it went.

wTUysp5.jpg

Results

AyH2L72.jpg

gzy5hfJ.jpg

m5iVYGl.jpg

po2Gc1e.jpg

nuVy3Bw.jpg

hvsUwHv.jpg

sFarO69.jpg

a9dI0PK.jpg

mxGr1fb.jpg

Instructions

hTQVmO4.jpg

Y43ADnD.jpg

tcNAamn.jpg

World Cup

uMuz93W.jpg

Edit to re-add the photos as TinyPic has gone under I believe, so they were no longer viewable there.

Edited by Schwantz34
24 minutes ago, Aissa09 said:

did the tactics of paulo sousa or julien stephan

? Both of those guys are after Bielsa. If anything they have copied the Bielsa style as have many others in football.

Bielsa has used this setup before Leeds with other clubs. I just thought I would base it on this season.

Schwantz34 a déclaré il y a 7 heures:

? Ces deux gars sont après Bielsa. Au contraire, ils ont copié le style Bielsa comme beaucoup d'autres dans le football.

Bielsa a utilisé cette configuration avant Leeds avec d'autres clubs. Je pense juste que je suis baserais sur cette saison.

I meant you should try to do a Julien stephan tactic or paulo sousa under two great coaches with a busy resume

Edited by Aissa09
9 hours ago, Aissa09 said:

I meant you should try to do a Julien stephan tactic or paulo sousa under two great coaches with a busy resume

I see 👍

7 hours ago, Heinz Johanneß said:

Is this high counter pressing formation? 

Yes it's high pressing. Bielsa is more an attacking setup than a counter setup.

7 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

I love to analyze real life tactic, btw i arleady do Mourinho (Porto 03/04) and Adi Hütter (Eintracht Frankfurt) 

13 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Btw any chance you helping me using Norwich City tactics the result kinda good but still far from perfect

Just now, Heinz Johanneß said:

Btw any chance you helping me using Norwich City tactics the result kinda good but still far from perfect

What setup and instructions have you got so far?

It looks like it is a tactic that really hits your players, SI went after tacs like these with their recent update, it does seem to work tho 

22 minutes ago, Lav50 said:

It looks like it is a tactic that really hits your players, SI went after tacs like these with their recent update, it does seem to work tho 

It worked for me but not sure about others. You do need to rotate but that's most tactics these days even in the real world. As you say though the game is a little unrealistic in the fitness aspect.

6 hours ago, Heinz Johanneß said:

Defence :

Balance, All over, Normal

Screenshot_2019-04-05-19-32-48-647_football.manager.games.fm19.mobile.png

Screenshot_2019-04-05-19-32-52-764_football.manager.games.fm19.mobile.png

I'd maybe have wide & fast both on. The AM might work better as an APM. Their full backs play very high, especially Aarons so changing to WB would be more to their style of play.

This might help;

21 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

I'd maybe have wide & fast both on. The AM might work better as an APM. Their full backs play very high, especially Aarons so changing to WB would be more to their style of play.

This might help;

Yeah you too help me as well, thank you. I will tag you in the post 

Edited by Heinz Johanneß

Okay so I started a new career on my phone, I also play the game on my tablet. I like having a lot of saves to test stuff and 4 slots just isn't enough 🤣

I started as Leeds again in the Championship and was testing the tactic with some changes I said I would try but it was struggling and had me around 10th-12th, until in October I switched back to my original tactic posted above and it's taken me to the top of the league after 34 games. So the tactic is good as is and my attempted changes didn't work.

Original version definitely works in the Championship too. As I say up until October I was using a modified version and was languishing in mid table, then I went back to the original version and boom!

125kffp.png

im sry but didn't Biesla used 3-3-1-3 back in October at away vs Hull?

ZK1Y5NN.jpg

I think it should look like this: (i know it looked like 3-3-3-1)

st

lam     cam     ram

lwb     cdm     rwb

cb   cb  cb

maybe im wrong so i find this: (wrong game but i think this is actually Biesla's real tactic)

3: st + wingers (lam+ram)

1: cam

3: 2 wbs + cm

3: 2 cbs + dm

50d68c4a140a07ab109f6ac63afe7d0c.png

Edited by Rob Aloha
On 23/04/2019 at 19:46, Rob Aloha said:

im sry but didn't Biesla used 3-3-1-3 back in October at away vs Hull?

ZK1Y5NN.jpg

I think it should look like this: (i know it looked like 3-3-3-1)

st

lam     cam     ram

lwb     cdm     rwb

cb   cb  cb

maybe im wrong so i find this: (wrong game but i think this is actually Biesla's real tactic)

3: st + wingers (lam+ram)

1: cam

3: 2 wbs + cm

3: 2 cbs + dm

50d68c4a140a07ab109f6ac63afe7d0c.png

I'm a Leeds fan, we line up in a 4-1-4-1 (the official social media accounts from Leeds United also have it as 4-1-4-1 when tweeting out team lineups) and it then becomes a few different shapes during the game. Seen enough to know how he uses his systems with our players. Just had a go at one of them. I could upload photos too that look different to what you have put up. The system is (or was up until recently) effective because as other Managers have also said, it's hard to play against because the team give you different looks and it's hard to pin down.

This is the lineup tweeted out by the official Twitter account of the club from the last game. They all look like this. With mine I have just pushed up the wing backs but it's otherwise the same shape as this.

2vjzkpf.jpg

Edited by Schwantz34

I've been to 19 games this season as 4141 is the tactic we normally start with. Dlp normally drops back into CB with 3 at the back, works pretty well tbf 

On 08/04/2019 at 00:58, Aissa09 said:

His Fiorentina tactics?

I'll have a go.

Hi! Did you use the original Leeds United Team Roster? Or you've bought players that suits the roles better? I'm planning to use this tactic with Catania or any other Italian clubs from Serie B below. Thank you!

On 08/03/2020 at 13:50, RC3_Madridismo said:

Hi! Did you use the original Leeds United Team Roster? Or you've bought players that suits the roles better? I'm planning to use this tactic with Catania or any other Italian clubs from Serie B below. Thank you!

Both. Started with variations of it and built to something that worked. Haven't tried it on 20 but should still be okay for 19. Might try it myself on 20 and see if it's still usable there.