Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat What would you like to see in FMM20?

FMM 20 is fast approaching and I want to hear what the community would like to see on the next version of Football Manager.

Personally, I would like caretaker managers and team talks

1. Detailed stats in match and day to day, I want the information to make informed decisions and it'll be an excellent way to give players an identity. it'll allow us to see how different players perform in each role and find those not pulling their weight. Error stats, running stats, conversion stats, save % and so on would add so much depth to the game and bring it back to it's text based routes. 

2. Set Pieces 

3. New roles - Ideally a way to edit how the roles play individually

4. Bug fixes!!! 

5. More in-depth settings

6. Greece/Ukraine and Brazil back would be quality.....Especially Brazil! 

7. No gimmicks! 

8. Detailed ITN management

9. DLC challenges monthly. 

Thinks I don't want 

1. Gimmicks

2. Team talks/media/other dating sim elements

3. Bugs

4. Realism.....Or anything that hinders the fun 😛

5. Sound effects 😂

Tbh I just want more depth to the tactics/statistics that imo should be the game and where the focus is, I'm worn down and fed up of gimmicks, Buzz words and stuff that takes away from what the game should be. 

No team talks at all. Nope nadder not a chance!!

Im 100% @Ashez the game needs let the individual be more tactically original.

More team instructions and individual player instructions would be more benficial to creating tactics that dont look like everyone elses and not relying on 4231 formations all the time.

Realistically I just want them to fix all the bugs and focus on getting what’s there already working right ....then we can talk about new features/improvements.

Más ligas como la Mexicana que es más decente que la Liga de E.E.U.U., la Argentina que tiene muchísimos jugadores a explotar, y hablando del editor. Que permita modificar datos del manager no sólo de los jugadores. 

4 minutes ago, AndyGarciaLuna said:

Más ligas como la Mexicana que es más decente que la Liga de E.E.U.U., la Argentina que tiene muchísimos jugadores a explotar, y hablando del editor. Que permita modificar datos del manager no sólo de los jugadores. 

English dude 😂

Please no just no to team talks, couldn’t think of anything worse. Never wanted them on the desktop game and couldn’t stand them when they were introduced. Saying that I used to just send my assistant for them as they were just monotonous to me. Anyway thats just my opinion on team talks, press conferences etc.

@Ashez has more or less nailed the rest for me and I especially like the DLC monthly challenge idea tbh.

1 hour ago, LenTheWelsh said:

Realistically I just want them to fix all the bugs and focus on getting what’s there already working right ....then we can talk about new features/improvements.

Spot on, I keep saying this every time one of these threads appears. Absolutely pointless hoping for new features that won’t work for the first 6 months of the new game.

3 hours ago, samhardy said:

Spot on, I keep saying this every time one of these threads appears. Absolutely pointless hoping for new features that won’t work for the first 6 months of the new game.

Absolutely.

But the other things would be nice(if they weren't detriment to the game of course).

A pre release would be a good idea thats sent out to a select number that can report bugs and other issues that can be ironed out before general release. Granted they may not fix everything as stuff does get missed but it could be a good starting point rather than just inhouse testing.

36 minutes ago, Woody said:

Absolutely.

But the other things would be nice(if they weren't detriment to the game of course).

A pre release would be a good idea thats sent out to a select number that can report bugs and other issues that can be ironed out before general release. Granted they may not fix everything as stuff does get missed but it could be a good starting point rather than just inhouse testing.

Two week beta for people who pre-order, job done. 

In terms of new leagues I would love to see a couple of South American leagues (Argentina and Brazil) as I think it would need both to make the continental competitions more interesting. In that same vein Mexico would be great as well as it will enhance the NACL making MLS more interesting as well. I think that would give a good coverage of world leagues in the game although any new Euro ones would be good as well.

I would like:

• Enhanced tactical options.
  • Realistic tactics i.e. switching to contain does not suddenly make the team a goal machine.
  • Smarter AI (with tactical decision making and squad management).
  • Some kind of difficulty level or game setting for more experienced players.
  • The ability to negotiate the squad status of any player that is sent out on loan.
  • The option of accepting job offers which allow you to move at the end of the season.
  • Your manager profile screen to show any clubs that are rumoured to be making an approach for you.
  • Put a stop to the early retirements of world class (or international class) players.
  • Brazilian, Argentinian and Scandinavian leagues.
Edited by Lillywhite Dean

Personally I would like

• Mexican (obviously) league and Brazilian/Argentinian league. They would:
    • pave the way for an amazing Around the World Challenge. 
    • add to the NACL experience and bring back the Copa Libertadores
    • bring some historic teams (Santos, River, Boca, Pumas, Chivas, etc.) to the game 
    • change the monotony of the current game with a little latino leagues
  • Feeder clubs so I can develop my youngsters, help bring up a team I love or simply to receive loanees from bigger stature teams
  • Enhance the tactics
    • Better free kick experiences (specially in defense): where are players placed, who takes which free kick, how many players on the wall, etc.
    • Roles according to game status. i.e: when attacking allow certain defender to go up to midfield but let the other stay behind, or when defending have a lone striker upfront, etc.
    • creative freedom allowing me to set my players where I want (as in fifa) so I can maybe create a visible triangle among my players or maybe a square (like 1986 France)
  • Bring back the former regen system. Now you get 25 year old Morocans appearing at Monaco, or 19 year old Portuguese playing for Bordeaux. Before one would find hidden gems playing in the second division of Croatia or playing for a random small team in Argentina and it really made the experience much more enjoyable.
  • But most importantly INCREASE THE DIFFICULTY winning every big trophy year in and year out with a team that found itself ranked in the 6th division 10 years ago gets very boring and unrealistic. It would be really nice to have to fight for relegation with smaller teams for 2-3 years instead of having them playing the Champions League final 4 years after one takes them.
12 minutes ago, S4NCH0 said:

But most importantly INCREASE THE DIFFICULTY winning every big trophy year in and year out with a team that found itself ranked in the 6th division 10 years ago gets very boring and unrealistic. It would be really nice to have to fight for relegation with smaller teams for 2-3 years instead of having them playing the Champions League final 4 years after one takes them.

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Personally I would like to see the addition of the Japanese League. I think being able to play with Podolski, Iniesta, David Villa or Torres might be fun. Or Try bringing them back to an EU club for one final season if possible.

6 hours ago, Lavi said:

Personally I would like to see the addition of the Japanese League. I think being able to play with Podolski, Iniesta, David Villa or Torres might be fun. Or Try bringing them back to an EU club for one final season if possible.

Can't you pretty much already do that in this year's version?

17 minutes ago, Gerechtigaids said:

Can't you pretty much already do that in this year's version?

Torres isn't on the game as far as I've seen so I assume no Japan based players are. 

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

Torres isn't on the game as far as I've seen so I assume no Japan based players are. 

Didn't notice but I remember seeing someone sign Podolski in one of my saves which led me to the conclusion that there were J-League players in game

YOUTH ACADEMY! 

All I want is a proper youth academy. I mean look at the state of the YA right now... You get a batch of Youth players at the start of the season, and then what? 

It soo bare-bones! 

Here's what I want:

1. The ability to hire staff for your youth academy(scouts, HOYD, coaches etc...) 

2. The ability to send out scouts to different regions and countries so that you'll get players from there. I have a dream of making a World-class Oceanic team :)

3. The ability to recruit and maintain your own youth team. I think using a FIFA like system would be good(even though I hate FIFA). For Example, you can recruit players from the age of 14-18(any player who has reached the age of 18 has to be promoted to your reserves/first team or released) to be in your youth team(this range could be lower) and you can promote them once they've become 16 years old. 

4. The ability to influence how your youth players develop. For example, if I use a tactic that only has a lone target man up front then I want to be able to develop my youth players to fit that role. 

There is so much more I think can be added to make the YA more in-depth but I won't be listing them down now because I don't want to make this post too messy. 

Seriously guys, the youth academy has so much potential :)

Absolutely NO to team talks, pre/post match talks. One of the worst things FM decided to implement. 

I strongly agree with making the game more tactically in-depth, and is probably the most important aspect that needs improvement IMO. I think the best way to do this initially would be to have individual player tactics like some have already suggested. They don't need to be as in-depth as the full game, but the ability to set things like individual creative freedom, shot frequency, and passing style would be great.

FM Touch level tactical depth.

Mexico Brazil and Argentina leagues

Youth players in team with a fully fledged academy fifa like System like what RPA said

Set piece routines

Player specific custom roles

Difficulty levels - Normal, Hard, Challenging

added 0 minutes later

And no team talks..

8 hours ago, RPA123456 said:

YOUTH ACADEMY! 

All I want is a proper youth academy. I mean look at the state of the YA right now... You get a batch of Youth players at the start of the season, and then what? 

It soo bare-bones! 

Here's what I want:

1. The ability to hire staff for your youth academy(scouts, HOYD, coaches etc...) 

2. The ability to send out scouts to different regions and countries so that you'll get players from there. I have a dream of making a World-class Oceanic team :)

3. The ability to recruit and maintain your own youth team. I think using a FIFA like system would be good(even though I hate FIFA). For Example, you can recruit players from the age of 14-18(any player who has reached the age of 18 has to be promoted to your reserves/first team or released) to be in your youth team(this range could be lower) and you can promote them once they've become 16 years old. 

4. The ability to influence how your youth players develop. For example, if I use a tactic that only has a lone target man up front then I want to be able to develop my youth players to fit that role. 

There is so much more I think can be added to make the YA more in-depth but I won't be listing them down now because I don't want to make this post too messy. 

Seriously guys, the youth academy has so much potential :)

This

I like alot of what been discussed but mine pick is pick your only friendly games at start of game  alot of my saves if with smaller teams they always seem to play premier or champ teams

I’d love to be able to select my players diets. I think it would be amazing watching your players develop further with every passing banana. Maybe a menu like the training where you carefully select each course. Delicately selected to suit even the biggest of primadonnas appetites 

5 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

I’d love to be able to select my players diets. I think it would be amazing watching your players develop further with every passing banana. Maybe a menu like the training where you carefully select each course. Delicately selected to suit even the biggest of primadonnas appetites 

I would get all my lads on the Jon Parkin diet of lager and pies.

1 minute ago, Foxy said:

I would get all my lads on the Jon Parkin diet of lager and pies.

My lads would no doubt be on the Andy Brownrigg diet. Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!