Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Nucleus attempts to sell them Slowly

F8DD333B-9B10-4C7C-9D6E-15B3CAD1170F.gif.cb5f46f405ff0737650d8f896d587f03.gif

Hello Vibe, and welcome to Nucleus attempts to Sell them Slowly.

So, Sell them Slowly, what is it?

Well Sell them Slowly is a challenge created by @MerlionMaple96, with the main objective of the challenge being winning six consecutive league titles with a single team.

Sounds simple right?...Wrong, here’s how it works:

•    Pick one of the big teams in any league. Only the highest division of any country is allowed

•    Pick your starting XI for that team. This starting XI will not change over the course of the career

And that’s it. Simple right?...No, wrong again!

As aforementioned, the challenge will last Six seasons. Or rather, twelve  transfer windows. During each transfer window, apart from the first, I must sell one player from my declared starting XI. The player I buy must be a direct replacement for the player I sold. So if I choose to manage Man Utd and sell Pogba in the second transfer window, his replacement must be a central midfielder, or wherever I’d “declared” to play him in.

But wait, there’s more! 

The new signing can only be bought for 10% of what the outgoing transfer brought in. So for example, If Pogba was sold for  29p and a Mars bar, the new player can only cost 2.9p and a nibble of a Mars bar  £50 million then the new signing can only cost up to £5m. If for some reason or another I’m not able to produce a transfer fee for a player, then he must be demoted/never used again and I must bring in a free signing in his place.

To make this a little bit more interesting than it already is I’ll be allowing the members of Vibe to decide which player is getting the boot! So this career will be twelve updates, if I get that far. The challenge ends if/when I fail to win the league title.

Rules:

- No unlockables/Cheats

- Must use the declared starting XI for the entirety of the career, unless they are injured, recovering from injury or have below 80% conditioning

- One Transfer per transfer window, apart from the first. 

-No regens allowed

Heres a link to the Challenge Thread

That is Sell them Slowly. Now for the team I’ll be managing, “a big team in a top division” well that only leaves me one choice....

Spoiler

BCA47449-4011-4E77-8520-06C3D9443DA8.thumb.png.97ec2686ee023e9cd70bef6664ee28c0.png

My declared starting XI:

Spoiler

EDA2F061-F11F-4746-B542-78D835D69EBD.jpeg.6db5530020ff86d4b323f9bd081d2892.jpeg

GK: Neuer

CB: Boateng

CB: Süle

RWB: Kimmich

LWB: Alaba

DM: Thiago

CM: Goretzka

CM: Tolisso

AM: Sanches

ST: Gnabry

ST: Lewandowski

Thank you very much for reading, I hope some of you will be following this. The first update and poll will be released on Monday 

Updates:

40 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

F8DD333B-9B10-4C7C-9D6E-15B3CAD1170F.gif.cb5f46f405ff0737650d8f896d587f03.gif

Hello Vibe, and welcome to Nucleus attempts to Sell them Slowly.

So, Sell them Slowly, what is it?

Well Sell them Slowly is a challenge created by @MerlionMaple96, with the main objective of the challenge being winning six consecutive league titles with a single team.

Sounds simple right?...Wrong, here’s how it works:

•    Pick one of the big teams in any league. Only the highest division of any country is allowed

•    Pick your starting XI for that team. This starting XI will not change over the course of the career

And that’s it. Simple right?...No, wrong again!

As aforementioned, the challenge will last Six seasons. Or rather, twelve  transfer windows. During each transfer window, apart from the first, I must sell one player from my declared starting XI. The player I buy must be a direct replacement for the player I sold. So if I choose to manage Man Utd and sell Pogba in the second transfer window, his replacement must be a central midfielder, or wherever I’d “declared” to play him in.

But wait, there’s more! 

The new signing can only be bought for 10% of what the outgoing transfer brought in. So for example, If Pogba was sold for  29p and a Mars bar, the new player can only cost 2.9p and a nibble of a Mars bar  £50 million then the new signing can only cost up to £5m. If for some reason or another I’m not able to produce a transfer fee for a player, then he must be demoted/never used again and I must bring in a free signing in his place.

To make this a little bit more interesting than it already is I’ll be allowing the members of Vibe to decide which player is getting the boot! So this career will be twelve updates, if I get that far. The challenge ends if/when I fail to win the league title.

Rules:

- No unlockables/Cheats

- Must use the declared starting XI for the entirety of the career, unless they are injured, recovering from injury or have below 80% conditioning

- One Transfer per transfer window, apart from the first. 

-No regens allowed

Heres a link to the Challenge Thread

That is Sell them Slowly. Now for the team I’ll be managing, “a big team in a top division” well that only leaves me one choice....

Reveal hidden contents

BCA47449-4011-4E77-8520-06C3D9443DA8.thumb.png.97ec2686ee023e9cd70bef6664ee28c0.png

My declared starting XI:

Hide contents

EDA2F061-F11F-4746-B542-78D835D69EBD.jpeg.6db5530020ff86d4b323f9bd081d2892.jpeg

GK: Neuer

CB: Boateng

CB: Süle

RWB: Kimmich

LWB: Alaba

DM: Thiago

CM: Goretzka

CM: Tolisso

AM: Sanches

ST: Gnabry

ST: Lewandowski

Thank you very much for reading, I hope some of you will be following this. The first update and poll will be released on Monday 

This is going to be good!

Edited by Gunners Rishi

Season One - Update One

Welcome Vibe to the first of possibly twelve updates in this career. This first update will shortly consist of our current league standing, squad appearances, goals scored & assists made. All of this will then be followed by a link to the poll where you decide which player is first to get the chop!

League Table:

Let’s kick things off with our current league table then. As of the 1st of January we are exaclty halfway into the league campaign and we sit comfortably top of the pile, which is to be expected at this stage of the career. Sixteen wins and a solitary draw sees us remain unbeaten and with a gigantic Fifteen Points cushion at the summit. I’d have liked to have scored more goals, but to be perfectly honest, I’m struggling to get anything working that’s consistently banging in three/four /five goals.

A388BB4F-BF33-4C7C-95B9-BF8F4EB3F3D0.thumb.png.9b33e902a75025534df1fb55dd3a253f.png

Squad Appearances:

Moving on to the squad appearances now. As stated in the OP, the declared starting XI must play every game possible, unless they are either injured, recovering from injury or have a conditioning of 80% or below. Being the first half of the season, most of them played every game possible, some games have been missed due to minor injuries, and some have been missed due to suspension, but we’ve had no major injuries to speak of as of yet.

32AD33AE-F3E4-43E5-A5E7-029ED490104F.thumb.png.0808c1dab33c50ac5a3651bf48d3873d.png

Squad Goals:

This is what I mean about struggling to get anything working consistently. Prior to the update I’d have been confident on having one striker on at least 35 goals and the other on about 25. As you can see however, a measly 14 goals apiece from Gnabry and Lewandowski sees me become a shadow of my former self!

C7C8D1A6-51B9-45CB-A384-C62DD0F567BE.thumb.png.1be504977f8ecf51b235c92f2075dbe0.png

Squad Assists:

The wingbacks are tearing it apart! Alaba and Kimmich have combined for 25 assists in the first half of the season. Both being th solitary options on either flank is seeing them receive the ball often, and in dangerous areas. 

1DF92844-F097-4AD4-B11A-8532D53FD7F1.thumb.png.06fe7d8344a6990df7d397bbbdfae3db.png

The Poll:

Now for the juicy part, the poll. As I stated in the OP, I’m leaving the choice of which player departs in each transfer window in Vibe’s capable hands. You decide!

Poll Link: http://www.strawpoll.me/17941966

Poll Deadline: Tuesday 7th May 21:00 BST

As always Vibe, thank you for reading. Any and all comments are massively appreciated, and I sincerely hope you do your worst in the poll as I would unto you!

It is good to see someone else struggling a bit with goals but your results and returns are still fantastic.

I’ll have to have a look and see if I can hinder you in the poll.😛

I've gone for Thiago, mainly because he's a pretty balanced player who's creative which will be difficult to replace cheap I think. 

5 hours ago, Ashez said:

I've gone for Thiago, mainly because he's a pretty balanced player who's creative which will be difficult to replace cheap I think. 

Anyone in this squad will be difficult to replace cheap lol 😆 

Great challenge! Been enjoying the read more than anything else on here lately. Looking forward to more! I'm with Foxy on the poll. I think you may struggle to find a good replacement for him, especially for the transfer fee you will have to play with. Feel like a douche doing so but hey, they've all got to go at some point right? I was thinking of voting for one of your goal scorers, but you can get a lot for your money at the beginning of the game, and we don't want to be making it too easy now do we? ;)

KIU mate. 

Edited by itzChris92

I’ve gone Tolisso but I actually think there might be a few good options for 10% of what you’ll get for him.

I’ve used him a few times in the BBM role and he’s a beast so I’m certain his value will increase in a season or two so that was my thinking.

I know the exact order i’d vote if the shoe was on the other foot, and none of you have gone down that road yet 😛

8 hours ago, Nucleus said:

Anyone in this squad will be difficult to replace cheap lol 😆 

Yeah but you'll need a cheap DMC and I doubt you'll get a balanced one so you'll be forced into going defensive or creative which obviously won't be balanced. 

This window is no bosmons so you can't swing it that way and let the other players age and devalue 😛

4 hours ago, Nucleus said:

I know the exact order i’d vote if the shoe was on the other foot, and none of you have gone down that road yet 😛

My choices were Alaba, Lewandowski, or Neuer. The 3 creating, scoring, and stopping goals. I went with Alaba as he contributed most to that first season from the stats you've shown. No points for guessing my next votes... :P

4 hours ago, itzChris92 said:

My choices were Alaba, Lewandowski, or Neuer. The 3 creating, scoring, and stopping goals. I went with Alaba as he contributed most to that first season from the stats you've shown. No points for guessing my next votes... :P

Easily replaced and will be harder when he's worth less in a January update when he can't abuse free signings. 

4 hours ago, itzChris92 said:

Neuer

A decent shout that

36 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Easily replaced and will be harder when he's worth less in a January update when he can't abuse free signings. 

A decent shout that

I think replacing Alaba for 6-10m will be harder than you think. Lewandowski on the other hand would be easier. Plenty of young gem strikers floating around for a good price, although like you say he will struggle to bring in a player of quality/potential once his value drops by a lot. 

Edited by itzChris92
18 minutes ago, itzChris92 said:

I think replacing Alaba for 6-10m will be harder than you think. Lewandowski on the other hand would be easier. Plenty of young gem strikers floating around for a good price, although like you say he will struggle to bring in a player of quality/potential once his value drops by a lot. 

How much impact will a LB have though compared to weakening the centre. Alaba is one of the better players for sure, but roles? I'm not so sure. 

6 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Nobody has still not thought about what I personally feel is the easiest way to weaken me!

Chop your fingers off? :D

I’ve been thinking a bit about this and I’m thinking losing one of the strikers might be a problem.

Well that’s if you have to stick to this formation.