Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Some Tips please?

Some quick tips off the top of my head, sorry for the disorganization (These are for a little bit after you start and familiarize yourself with the basic game mechanics)

1. Make sure you check players with expiring contracts in the player search tab as soon as you reach January 1st (Assuming you are managing in Europe). This is a great way to get quality players for free or cheaper than what they would normally be.

2. Make sure you have players training in the position you want to have them playing, the role you want them playing as, and the stat you want them to focus on. This can be done in the training screen.

3. Scouting players is helpful for more than just to see how good your scouts think they are. The player attributes are very essential such as a player being enigmatic (I tend to avoid signing them). Also, if the player is transfer listed and not above  10,000,000 then he will typically be available for a largely discounted price that your scouts will recommend. 

4. Many players' potential abilities are not the same for every game, some players will be world class in one save but not quite in another save. Scouting is a possible way to recognize this.

5. At the end of the season, before the game gives you the option to "Start a new season", if you have any transfer budget  remaining you can move it into your wage budget to carry over some of that into the next season. This can give you anywhere from a few thousand to a couple million in extra transfer budget at the beginning of your next season.

Edited by Anichebinho
5 hours ago, TheMagicalSpud said:

I’m Looking to start a career on here for the first time ever. Has anyone got any tips for me to start this. Thank you

hard to say - what sort of thing are you thinking of doing? there are a LOT of sources of inspiration here, and it doesn't have to be anything crazy - a "standard" career is just fine :) you're the one who'll be playing it, so it needs to be something that interests you, primarily... good luck

21 hours ago, Anichebinho said:

Some quick tips off the top of my head, sorry for the disorganization (These are for a little bit after you start and familiarize yourself with the basic game mechanics)

1. Make sure you check players with expiring contracts in the player search tab as soon as you reach January 1st (Assuming you are managing in Europe). This is a great way to get quality players for free or cheaper than what they would normally be.

2. Make sure you have players training in the position you want to have them playing, the role you want them playing as, and the stat you want them to focus on. This can be done in the training screen.

3. Scouting players is helpful for more than just to see how good your scouts think they are. The player attributes are very essential such as a player being enigmatic (I tend to avoid signing them). Also, if the player is transfer listed and not above  10,000,000 then he will typically be available for a largely discounted price that your scouts will recommend. 

4. Many players' potential abilities are not the same for every game, some players will be world class in one save but not quite in another save. Scouting is a possible way to recognize this.

5. At the end of the season, before the game gives you the option to "Start a new season", if you have any transfer budget  remaining you can move it into your wage budget to carry over some of that into the next season. This can give you anywhere from a few thousand to a couple million in extra transfer budget at the beginning of your next season.

Thanks a lot man, I’ll remember all of this when I start

17 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

hard to say - what sort of thing are you thinking of doing? there are a LOT of sources of inspiration here, and it doesn't have to be anything crazy - a "standard" career is just fine :) you're the one who'll be playing it, so it needs to be something that interests you, primarily... good luck

I was thinking of a standard career to start off with. Nothing to technical as I don’t know to much about the game yet. But I was thinking if I do a normal career would it get much response or interaction?

12 minutes ago, TheMagicalSpud said:

I was thinking of a standard career to start off with. Nothing to technical as I don’t know to much about the game yet. But I was thinking if I do a normal career would it get much response or interaction?

if it's interesting and well-written, then sure :) but again, do it for you - if you're playing to the crowd but not feeling it yourself, that will come across and ultimately it will fizzle out...

On 07/05/2019 at 14:47, TheMagicalSpud said:

I’m Looking to start a career on here for the first time ever. Has anyone got any tips for me to start this. Thank you

Pick a team that you like, as it will help keep you interested in the save. Don't be afraid to manage a lower league side. I would even advise starting with a smaller club, as you will not have a world class team and finances to rely on, which will quickly help you to learn how to get the best out of mediocre players by fine tuning your own tactic. 

As far as tactics are concerned you can try some of the others on here. However, if like me you prefer to create your own, you should just use them for some ideas. Experiment with different setting and player roles, but try to play to your players strengths (i.e if your main striker has amazing aerial and strength but average pace, play him as a TM rather than a Poacher). Also, if testing new tactics make sure you give your team time to adjust to them. Don't expect instant results.